Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times

Advertisements

I do not get it. It's on record that we found chemical weapons in Iraq. It's a unrefutable fact. Chemical weapons fits the definition of WMD (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear). But I still hear that we didn't find WMD; but we did. I do not think the finds were on scale to what we thought their stockpile was but nevertheless.

One wonders about the advantage an agricultural commodities business gains by securing drums of pesticide in camouflaged bunkers six feet underground. The 'agricultural site' was also co—located within a military ammunition dump.

Poland found artillery shells and warheads in Iraq that definitely contained the deadly nerve agent cyclosarin.

55—gallon drums of a substance that mass spectrometer testing confirmed was cyclosarin, a blister agent, were discovered too (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-100741024.html - broken link). Next to a mobile laboratory that could have been used to mix chemicals.

And I know the National Ground Intelligence Center report that cited the discovery of 500 chemical weapon munitions will not qualify either (they're old munitions and don't count), despiting fitting the definition "chemical weapon" and despite remaining toxic with an ability of being repackaged into news bombs with the same lethality.

Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq's WMD, Volume 3, page 30. Including in Khamisiyah forty-one 122-mm sarin/cyclosarin SAKR=18 rockets. 4-Jun, 25-Jun, 29 July 2004
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
All of this WAS reported.

U.S. Finds Shell With Nerve Gas in Iraq - The New York Times

The New Weapons Find in Iraq - The New York Times

Old 10-16-2009, 05:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
"Legacy media," das trende-kule Wort among der GutVolk meaning slow, boring, old-fashioned tools like books?

Old 10-16-2009, 06:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Default symantecs

Exactly Ovcatto. But you're evading the point. I know it was reported, I cited the WaPo for god sake. But more to my point Ovc, why do people continue to say WMDs were not found? And the public narrative of legacy media overlooks the evidence they reported - you know what I'm trying to get at and that's my point.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
The liberal media will never admit that George W. Bush was right about Iraq, just as they'll never admit that George W. Bush is the perfect war-time mentor for Barack Obama.

Acknowledging the truth about WMD in Iraq simply does not fit the liberal medias' anti-Bush bias.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Exactly Ovcatto. But you're evading the point. I know it was reported, I cited the WaPo for god sake. But more to my point Ovc, why do people continue to say WMDs were not found? And the public narrative of legacy media overlooks the evidence they reported - you know what I'm trying to get at and that's my point.
The weapons that were found were old useless weapons.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Default It's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

We went from "The smoking gun may be a mushroom cloud over one of our cities" to 500 rusty, 1980s-era unusable shells with mostly degraded chemical agents. Relics.

What does this say about Iraq's chemical-weapons capability? It didn't exist. Nations that intend to have a WMD capacity as part of their military options do not keep their chemical agents in rusty artillery shells.

Quote:
despiting fitting the definition "chemical weapon" and despite remaining toxic with an ability of being repackaged into news bombs with the same lethality.
The same lethality as they would have had in 1980? I call shenanigans. Sarin decomposes.

Sure, the content of those shells isn't baby shampoo even so, but their existence indicates a military with bad discipline and rotten bookkeeping, rather than any intent or capability on the Iraqi's part to field chemical weapons.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I do not get it. It's on record that we found chemical weapons in Iraq. It's a unrefutable fact. Chemical weapons fits the definition of WMD (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear). But I still hear that we didn't find WMD; but we did. I do not think the finds were on scale to what we thought their stockpile was but nevertheless.

One wonders about the advantage an agricultural commodities business gains by securing drums of pesticide in camouflaged bunkers six feet underground. The 'agricultural site' was also co—located within a military ammunition dump.

Poland found artillery shells and warheads in Iraq that definitely contained the deadly nerve agent cyclosarin.

55—gallon drums of a substance that mass spectrometer testing confirmed was cyclosarin, a blister agent, were discovered too (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-100741024.html - broken link). Next to a mobile laboratory that could have been used to mix chemicals.

And I know the National Ground Intelligence Center report that cited the discovery of 500 chemical weapon munitions will not qualify either (they're old munitions and don't count), despiting fitting the definition "chemical weapon" and despite remaining toxic with an ability of being repackaged into news bombs with the same lethality.

Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq's WMD, Volume 3, page 30. Including in Khamisiyah forty-one 122-mm sarin/cyclosarin SAKR=18 rockets. 4-Jun, 25-Jun, 29 July 2004
1. Mustard Gas and Blister Agents are NOT WMDs
2. Those munitions were supplied by the US for Iraqs attack on Iran

Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We went from "The smoking gun may be a mushroom cloud over one of our cities" to 500 rusty, 1980s-era unusable shells with mostly degraded chemical agents. Relics.

What does this say about Iraq's chemical-weapons capability? It didn't exist. Nations that intend to have a WMD capacity as part of their military options do not keep their chemical agents in rusty artillery shells.

The same lethality as they would have had in 1980? I call shenanigans. Sarin decomposes.

Sure, the content of those shells isn't baby shampoo even so, but their existence indicates a military with bad discipline and rotten bookkeeping, rather than any intent or capability on the Iraqi's part to field chemical weapons.
We knew he had them because we supplied them. Most he destroyed.

There are tens of thousands of rounds of chemical and blister agents within 60 miles of Washington DC.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:47 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
^^Very true,

and what was found just isn't enough grounds for war. Afterall, Iran has a proven nuclear program, and so does NK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies