Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 PM

136 posts, read 378,169 times

Advertisements

the problem isn't race, blacks are more likely to be given a prison sentence or a longer sentence than whites who commit the same crime maybe that helps to account for the prisoner ratio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,150,906 times
why the apathy? whites have been beaten down. the whites have been programmed to non aggression. thru punishment law suits and the k12 shame program to not get involved.
as to AA bravery, mexican people will also drag thugs off of buses in SF when thugs get assaultive.
but if a white guy does it trust me he's guna pay.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:25 PM

450 posts, read 501,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Last I heard blacks were 12% of the population.

Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_43.html - broken link)

24% means twice as likely.
Mommonkey with all due respect you dont understand MATH or percentages

You're supposed to figure the differential between the TWO numbers (Black vs white) not the % of blacks in relation to their own population in America to find out which is more likely to commit the crime (Black or white person)

Using your own link
44,000 Whites were arrested for sex related crimes
And 14,000 Black were arrested for sex related crimes
So how the heck is Blacks TWICE as likely to commit sex related Crime than a white person?

It would have made sense if you had said Blacks commit sex related crimes at a higher % relative to the Black Community than Whites do (relative to the white community)

But again your own link provides the truth for you; 73% of the sex related crimes in America is by someone white while only 24% are Black.
That means that whites are 3 TIMES as likely to commit a sex related crime in America than Blacks are.

Which as I said earlier sounds about right, you mixed it up somehow

Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 AM

38,611 posts, read 26,247,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Mommonkey with all due respect you dont understand MATH or percentages

You're supposed to figure the differential between the TWO numbers (Black vs white) not the % of blacks in relation to their own population in America to find out which is more likely to commit the crime (Black or white person)

Using your own link
44,000 Whites were arrested for sex related crimes
And 14,000 Black were arrested for sex related crimes
So how the heck is Blacks TWICE as likely to commit sex related Crime than a white person?

It would have made sense if you had said Blacks commit sex related crimes at a higher % relative to the Black Community than Whites do (relative to the white community)

But again your own link provides the truth for you; 73% of the sex related crimes in America is by someone white while only 24% are Black.
That means that whites are 3 TIMES as likely to commit a sex related crime in America than Blacks are.

Which as I said earlier sounds about right, you mixed it up somehow

"That means that whites are 3 TIMES as likely to commit a sex related crime in America than Blacks are."

WRONG! That means a sex crime is three times as likely to be committed by a white person as a black person. Since blacks are one in eight Americans, they shouldn't account for one in four sex crimes unless they commit these crimes twice as often as others.

44,000 + 14,000 = 58,000 total crimes

If blacks are 12% of the population and 88% are non-blacks, and if sex crimes were committed with equal frequincy by both groups, blacks should have committed 6,960 crimes and non-blacks should have committed 51,040 crimes. The real numbers indicate that the 14,000 crimes committed by blacks are more than twice what a normal distribution would require.

You shouldn't be confused by 24% of a specific crime being committed by 12% of the population indicating a group twice as likely to commit a specific crime.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You're being just as racist as some black guy coming on here w/stats about white guys. Who CARES who does the crime? A crime is a crime, give me a break. I'm not going to sit here & break down who, when, why, what of a certain racial group because I don't have the time nor do I have the inclination. Crime is done by every person of every race & gender so that is all I have to say about it.
For the record, no one was talking to you.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 AM

937 posts, read 2,827,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboy2454 View Post
the problem isn't race, blacks are more likely to be given a prison sentence or a longer sentence than whites who commit the same crime maybe that helps to account for the prisoner ratio.
You truly believe thats the sole issue? So when an Officer gets called to investigate crimes committed disproportionately by blacks, it's the sentencings fault?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 AM

624 posts, read 1,068,414 times
Quote:
(Source: Wshh.com)

Breaking The Stereotype: Bystanders Just Watch Little Girl Get Abducted!

Video: Breaking The Stereotype: Bystanders Just Watch Little Girl Get Abducted! (Actor Was About To Get His Butt Whooped By Young Minorities) "Whoa Whoa. Its TV"

I personally am hard on minorities (for crime, etc...) and this video was astounding. Very touching!
And of course, MSNBC stopped their stunt as soon as the two Afrian Americans stepped in to help.

I don't understand though why they were complimented. After all, don't the liberals tells us that vigilantism is bad?

One of the reasons most people just passed by, in my opinion, is that they were probably wondering where her parents were. Or they thought that this is somekind of a family dispute, where perhaps the step daughter is lecturing her step dad, etc...

I also would like to offer a flip side of the coin. I have read stories of bystanders stepping in during the dispute where the man would be beating a woman. The bystander would step in, break the fight, perhaps punch the male a few times. And you know what? A few days later it is the BYSTANDER that gets arrested and charged and the woman and her boyfriend are back together and are both pressing charges.

Thank those idiots for the reason most people look the other way.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
[i]
That means a sex crime is three times as likely to be committed by a white person as a black person. Since blacks are one in eight Americans, they shouldn't account for one in four sex crimes unless they commit these crimes twice as often as others.

44,000 + 14,000 = 58,000 total crimes

If blacks are 12% of the population and 88% are non-blacks, and if sex crimes were committed with equal frequincy by both groups, blacks should have committed 6,960 crimes and non-blacks should have committed 51,040 crimes. The real numbers indicate that the 14,000 crimes committed by blacks are more than twice what a normal distribution would require.

You shouldn't be confused by 24% of a specific crime being committed by 12% of the population indicating a group twice as likely to commit a specific crime.
MoMonkey please go and sign up for a beginner's class in Math PLEASE!
I can't believe you are so off base on something as simply as figuring out who is more likely to commit a certain crime, when you have the numbers right in front of you.
You keep talking about blacks being a smaller % of the population, which is true but it is not a part of the equation when you are figuring out who commits MORE of a certain crime....
You only need to look at the the total numbers (NOT percentages against ones OWN RACE) in determining who is more likely to commit a certain crime in America

Let me slow in down for you again
Blacks commit more sex crimes compared to OTHER BLACKS (percentage of total Black population) than Whites commit sex crimes compared to ONLY OTHER WHITES (percentage of total white population)
BUT again this above is only percentages relative to their own race

BUT WHEN YOU ASK WHICH RACE COMMITS MORE OF A CERTAIN CRIME COMPARED TO THE OTHER RACE, YOU DONT USE THE ABOVE EQUATION TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

You take the Total # of sex crimes overall. And look at how many did Whites commit and how many did blacks commit.

And again by the link you provided it shows WHITES COMMIT SEX CRIMES 3 times more than BLACKS do in America (44,000 to 14,000)

You are really confused dude!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
MoMonkey please go and sign up for a beginner's class in Math PLEASE!
I can't believe you are so off base on something as simply as figuring out who is more likely to commit a certain crime, when you have the numbers right in front of you.
You keep talking about blacks being a smaller % of the population, which is true but it is not a part of the equation when you are figuring out who commits MORE of a certain crime....
You only need to look at the the total numbers (NOT percentages against ones OWN RACE) in determining who is more likely to commit a certain crime in America

Let me slow in down for you again
Blacks commit more sex crimes compared to OTHER BLACKS (percentage of total Black population) than Whites commit sex crimes compared to ONLY OTHER WHITES (percentage of total white population)
BUT again this above is only percentages relative to their own race

BUT WHEN YOU ASK WHICH RACE COMMITS MORE OF A CERTAIN CRIME COMPARED TO THE OTHER RACE, YOU DONT USE THE ABOVE EQUATION TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

You take the Total # of sex crimes overall. And look at how many did Whites commit and how many did blacks commit.

And again by the link you provided it shows WHITES COMMIT SEX CRIMES 3 times more than BLACKS do in America (44,000 to 14,000)

You are really confused dude!

"Blacks commit more sex crimes compared to OTHER BLACKS"

Stupidest thing I've heard in my life. Why would blacks be a subset of blacks?

This, by the way, is why white people get so irritated with affirmative actiion.

Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_43.html - broken link)

Open the link.

Now look at the fist line. See how the number blacks arrested for murder is just slightly more often that whites? Do you understand that 1 in 8 Americans (blacks) shouldn't account for more that one in eight murders? In this case 1 in 8 Americans (blacks) account for slightly more than half the murders. That's disproportionate. That means blacks do it more than whites. That means blacks are four times as likely to be arrested for murder than whites. Sex crimes are another area in which blacks are arrested disproportionately to whites. They are twice as like as a white person to be arrested for this particular crime.

If you don't understand that, don't bother sending me an E-mail to tell me I'm wrong, just forget the whole thing because if you haven't gotten it by now, you likely won't.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
"Blacks commit more sex crimes compared to OTHER BLACKS"

Stupidest thing I've heard in my life. Why would blacks be a subset of blacks?

This, by the way, is why white people get so irritated with affirmative actiion.

Open the link.

Now look at the fist line. See how the number blacks arrested for murder is just slightly more often that whites? Do you understand that 1 in 8 Americans (blacks) shouldn't account for more that one in eight murders? In this case 1 in 8 Americans (blacks) account for slightly more than half the murders. That's disproportionate. That means blacks do it more than whites. That means blacks are four times as likely to be arrested for murder than whites. Sex crimes are another area in which blacks are arrested disproportionately to whites. They are twice as like as a white person to be arrested for this particular crime.

If you don't understand that, don't bother sending me an E-mail to tell me I'm wrong, just forget the whole thing because if you haven't gotten it by now, you likely won't.
First of all MOMONKEY you're changing the subject. Crime has nothing to do with affirmative action.

I am black and I've always been heated about the high number of crimes committed by blacks especially relative to our own race and relative to the American population.
Blacks do commit violent related crimes disproportional than any other race combined!

BUT MY POINT IS BLACKS DONT COMMIT MORE SEX RELATED CRIMES!
You said "Stupidest thing I've heard in my life. Why would blacks be a subset of blacks?"
Thats my point MoMonkey the way you are using the statistics you are looking at the higher % of blacks arrested for sex related crimes compared to the total black population (24%)
INSTEAD of looking at the total # of blacks arrest COMPARED to the total # of whites arrested!
Thats how you figure out who is more likely to commit the crime (Black or White)
Dude its simple Math!

Ok lets say I have 20 fruits in a basket
15 of those fruits are APPLES
and 5 of those fruits are Oranges

of those 15 Apples, 5 of them are spoiled (or bad) or 33.3%
of those 5 Oranges, 4 of them are spoiled or 80%

Even though a higher PERCENTAGES of Oranges are bad than PERCENTAGES of APPLES that are bad
Apples still have MORE spoiled fruits that the Oranges do.... 5 apples bad to 4 oranges bad

So again when you ask out of ALL the fruits in the basket (American population) who has the most spoiled fruits (sex crimes).

The answer would be APPLES (White ppl) 5 bad fruits to 4 bad fruits
Or sex related crimes 44,000 whites to 14,000 blacks

Whites commit sex related crimes 3 times more than blacks

If you dont get it now dude, I dont know what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies