Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times

Advertisements

I have tears in my eyes right now. I don't have words for how I feel. These two young men and their parents should be so proud!!! These two are a great example of how stereotypes can not be trusted. Absolutely wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 07:10 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I have tears in my eyes right now. I don't have words for how I feel. These two young men and their parents should be so proud!!! These two are a great example of how stereotypes can not be trusted. Absolutely wonderful.
Well said

Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
Hey Rush, THIS is what happens in "Obama's America"

Old 10-16-2009, 07:14 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Hey Rush, THIS is what happens in "Obama's America"
What on earth does Rush have to do with this? Why make a beautiful human interest story partisan? Can't anything be apolitical? Sheesh!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
to those guys.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 PM

98 posts, read 99,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
(Source: Wshh.com)

Breaking The Stereotype: Bystanders Just Watch Little Girl Get Abducted!

Video: Breaking The Stereotype: Bystanders Just Watch Little Girl Get Abducted! (Actor Was About To Get His Butt Whooped By Young Minorities) "Whoa Whoa. Its TV"

I personally am hard on minorities (for crime, etc...) and this video was astounding. Very touching!
Excellent video AND post. Those two young men are the kind of people I want in MY neighborhood!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:25 PM

98 posts, read 99,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I'm waiting for someone to say they probably just wanted to rape her or something.
Those guys were there to help and kick butt if needed. I wish America would get over stereotypes. Thumbs up to good people like this.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
I've seen Black Men on the news here several times risking their lives to save someone.. Just yesterday two tried to save two kids from a house fire but couldn't because of the bars on the windows, but they tried and their hands were burned...You could see the pain in their eyes because they could not save those two kids.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM

99 posts, read 151,162 times
I'm not surprised at all by their response to the would be kidnapper. However, in real life they would have been on T.V. that night for attacking an innocent victim. I am mixed race. I've live in urban areas and prodominatly white affluent areas. I know there are a lot of problems in the urban areas, but there is also a lot of good in those areas. There could be 20 good acts in a day and 5 idiots making bad choices. Those 5 idiots are going to make the news everytime. I called the newspaper and T.V. stations before for things I thought was new worthy. A group of black guys saved this little girl that was stuck in one of the big drainage things. The reporter had the nerve to ask what color was the victim! Needless to say, they never showed up.

In the white areas I saw fights among preppie white boys. I saw things getting vandalized. However, mommy and daddy was always there to fix it. No news cameras no coverage. You can find drugs in the affluent areas. Unless it's something big you can't hide, you don't hear about any of it. So 20 stupid acts and one good deed. They'll milk the h#ll out of that one good deed for a week.

Like I always say run across the street from the big black guy to get help from Ted Bundy!

Way to go for the brothers!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 PM

101 posts, read 61,357 times
What a stereotype neutralizer..It took the two guys that would probably scare people to put their lives in jeopardy and try and save a little girl. This isn't uncommon just unknown by many in this country who beleive that rap videos are reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies