Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:29 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,024,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The rich have sucked 40% of Americas Wealth away and you people are fighting over the scraps.
thats right. deal with it loosers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 04:31 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Isn't this more of hussein obama's old territory? What happened to all his community organizing? This is the fruits of a more liberal country. Beautiful huh?

Guess that community organizing he did nets the same results as his failures right now.

And what happened to the loon libs who believe they have the right to teach our kids about sex without us knowing it, allowing the kids to have abortions without telling the parents and passing out condoms to 5th graders?

Where are all of those Chicaaaago loons at when these kids needed help since they seem to not have any parenting at home.

Just another bruise with an Obama connection.

Gosh, did this man ever do anything right for those people.

Sad when 115 kids are pregnant in one school you have to look at the community to see what the heck is going on in Obamas backyard.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:38 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I come from a religious state. Not one girl in my high school graduated pregnant or with a baby at home. Even without sex ed we knew about the benefits of using a condom. This increase in teen pregnancies isn't about religion, it's about a relaxed devil may care attitude on the part of both the parents and the students. Kids are going to push the limits of their parents. If there's no limits, then you end up with this type of youth.
this isn't about you. Good for you and your state I say ...

Reproductive Health | Full text | Religiosity and teen birth rate in the United States

Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
I wish birth control education were the panacea that some wish to believe it is, but it isn't. I worked for a year in an abortion clinic (please, no stoning) where we also provided birth control counseling. We diligently explained everything, invited questions, drilled the girls to see that they "understood," and passed out oral contraceptives, condoms, and prescriptions for refills like it was all cheap candy. Nonetheless, there was a very high repeat abortion rate. I remember on so many occasions, opening up a girl's chart to write my nursing note, only to find that the last note entered was mine -- from a few months earlier. When I would question the girls on why they didn't get their oral contraceptive prescription filled (they were given a three month supply for free at our clinic), they would invariably say something along the lines of "before I could get there, I done popped up pregnant again."

Teenagers are children. Children are irresponsible. Children with low IQ, no ambitions, no sense of self, and parents who don't care or are incompetent are at a compounded disadvantage. Sexuality is a heady experience even for an intelligent and responsible adult, much less a child. Unwanted (or, inappropriately wanted) pregnancy and STDs are only a couple of the negative sequelae of having sex. Abortion is a destructive, devastating experience for a girl, even if it relieves her of the stress and perhaps equally destructive experience of having a baby before she is prepared to parent it. Even if one is lucky to avoid those particular consequences, sex outside of a committed relationship (for me, that means marriage, period) leads to emotional and psychological damage to both boys and girls.

I am not in favor of making abortion illegal, which technically makes me Pro-Choice. I've gone up against Pro-Life posters in other threads because it's a complicated issue from my perspective, however, I share many of the values of Pro-Lifers. One of those values and beliefs is this: SEX IS NOT FOR KIDS. Sexuality is holy, it is for adults only, it is for people who love each other.

It's true that from time immemorial, teens have been having sex. It's true that teens from conservative backgrounds have sex, too. Sexual desire is powerful and difficult to control. That does not mean society should give in to teen impulses, any more than we allow our children to do other things that are harmful to them and their development, just because they want to do it. Sexuality should be controlled, and it can be controlled, but it takes a community and a family that are united in common moral goals.

When I was in highschool, there were always a few girls who would get pregnant. I'm sure there were many more who were having sex and did not get pregnant, but they kept it a secret and were discreet. There was some sense of shame, which may not have totally prevented the practice but it definitely kept it limited. Fast forward to the next generation, where college students my son's age were having sex with people they just met at a party, in their dorm room , in the presence of their roommate, and not even batting an eye about having an observer. That's what happens when controls disappear -- a free-for-all.

I have to laugh at "progressive" instruction on sexuality, which attempts to create new rules and standards for what is acceptable sexual behavior in modern times -- standards which will be rejected and dismissed anyway by the next generation and labeled hopelessly old-fashioned. Standards like "it's okay to have sex with a stranger if it feels good, because seeking pleasure in and of itself is always okay and nothing to be ashamed of, but it would be insensitive to do it in front of your roommate if your roommate is uncomfortable having to watch." Irresponsibility knows no bounds.

Adults should not be following the lead of children. Who is in charge? Liberal attitudes in effect put the children in charge.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:25 PM

272 posts, read 215,726 times
Damn, maybe the rough side of Chicago aint such a bad place afterall

Old 10-17-2009, 05:56 PM

436 posts, read 873,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
thats right. deal with it loosers
Nice. An American beauty. Your mindset make me question myself whether I should be steam head to go after profit.
Thanks for letting me know that there are people like you existing. I have never witnessed that until I saw your this comment.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:59 PM

585 posts, read 362,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Abortion doesn't teach anything.
I assume you're a man and won't ever have to deal with pregnancy.

Abortion is a verb, it is an action.

Don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.

You don't make the rules, and, in the US, abortion is LEGAL.
I am actually a woman, and plan on having children in the future.

It appears that this thread was made to discuss the fact that so many teenagers are getting pregnant in recent years, and possibly talking about ways to prevent such high numbers.
Abortion is not a method of prevention.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWAg View Post
I am actually a woman, and plan on having children in the future.

It appears that this thread was made to discuss the fact that so many teenagers are getting pregnant in recent years, and possibly talking about ways to prevent such high numbers.
Abortion is not a method of prevention.
Sometimes people are too getting into the law, instead of planning their own life by using their own intelligent.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:16 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
More Obama voters.

1 In 7 Girls At Robeson High School Got Pregnant - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Robeson.High.School.2.1251642.html - broken link)

The school website: Paul Robeson High School
Hmmm....

I knew at least 40 girls who got pregnant by the time I graduated high school.
It seemed it got worse with each passing grade and I always asked myself why no one learned from the mistakes of the other girls.

Some researches have found that over time if more girls get pregnant, other girls seem to think it's "normal." ::sigh::

Old 10-17-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Hmmm....

I knew at least 40 girls who got pregnant by the time I graduated high school.
It seemed it got worse with each passing grade and I always asked myself why no one learned from the mistakes of the other girls.

Some researches have found that over time if more girls get pregnant, other girls seem to think it's "normal." ::sigh::
When the parents don't have time to be with their kids, I can see why the weird thought you just mentioned about become popular.
It is also equally important to educate boys, not just girls. Only bonehead will be proud of being father of kids from different mothers at the age of 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies