Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

white girl is the world standard-- trophy girl. its not racial at all. on the other hand people that need a lota trophy's got issues. a trophy now and then is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically, aren't the people of East Africa "Caucasion" from a racial prespective? My friend at work once met this beautiful lady from Kenya who's facial and hair features were indistinguishable from a Swede, the only difference of course she was Black as midnight.

No, they are not.........

Old 10-25-2009, 08:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically, aren't the people of East Africa "Caucasion" from a racial prespective? My friend at work once met this beautiful lady from Kenya who's facial and hair features were indistinguishable from a Swede, the only difference of course she was Black as midnight.
So because an AFRICAN woman is beautiful (and we all know that Africans CAN'T be beautiful) let's just throw her onto the Caucasian pile

Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Black male actors with white female actresses
Will Smith was quoted in this article to say that Hollywood is still sqimish having the black male having a love scene with a white female. That ol' mandingo complex....

As I look back in movies with interracial love themes, most seem to shy away from black male/white female.....but have no problem with white male/ black female.

Have anyone ever scene A-Listers like Jolie, Johansen, Theron, Julia Roberts or Fox ever do a full out sex scene with a black man? (A-Lister not necessarily meaning in talent. But in appeal) If there is a relationship, it's kinda "hinted" at. But no real "full out" expression of it.

Conversely, the black A-List females have more love or sex scenes with white men.....

Does Will Smith have a point?? Is there still some squimishness of behalf of Hollywood on this?

State your case either way....

Be civil.
In case you all forgot what the original subject of this thread is I'm reminding you.

It's so stupid to be dissecting people in fractions of whiteness or blackness but that's what this thread has become.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, if you bothered to look at the definition of Caucasian, your would know it is not synonymous with white. Egyptians are darker skinned caucasians.
but you are saying they are the same race? by what genetic markers are they classified as caucasians? how far removed or closer is it determined what one's race is? in the case of egyptians, closer to white or black?

i know that some whites consider egyptians to be an ethnicity of thier race. but that can be refuted because it's as one-sided as saying a biracial child is of one race.

they are obviously very different from a swede for example. i mean "very". it is stretching it to call them caucasians as per it's meaning and connotations (white), it's a rather general term but not very technical and specific in genetics. it would actually be more correct to call them their own race, even if a "label" was not produced to be applicable.

i mean it is rather comical to think of the juxtaposition of the picture of the pale, frail victorian queen elizabeth of european descent to ramses and nefertiti in the desert. besides that, the cultures are night and day (understatement). um, i don't buy the spun correlation there. lol

Last edited by rory00; 10-25-2009 at 09:20 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 04:35 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Well, to be fair,a lot of indie flicks that feature a white chick and black guy will have full blown sex scenes, but that's usually because they're...well...indie flicks. Mainstream may imply that they did something, but never show it.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2

YouTube - Real Sex Between Jude Law And Nia Long From Alfie

You'd never see Scarlet Johansen, Jolie, Fox or Theron do this with a black man. These scenes always go farther with the white guy and the black female.
Indie flicks? You've proving my point. Mainstream movies?? Never. Especially with big names.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
In case you all forgot what the original subject of this thread is I'm reminding you.

It's so stupid to be dissecting people in fractions of whiteness or blackness but that's what this thread has become.

Thank you! I tried tobring it back to the main topic "pages ago"!!!

This is not a geneology thread!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So because an AFRICAN woman is beautiful (and we all know that Africans CAN'T be beautiful) let's just throw her onto the Caucasian pile
Oh, please, take a Zanax. I'm really getting tired of this Stromfront vs NOI BS that CD has evolved into.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
i mean it is rather comical to think of the juxtaposition of the picture of the pale, frail victorian queen elizabeth of european descent to ramses and nefertiti in the desert. besides that, the cultures are night and day (understatement). um, i don't buy the spun correlation there. lol
Different culture, yes, but they are both caucasias as far as race goes.

Read this. The supreme court agreed that Indians are Caucasian, and same race as white Aamericans, but not 'white'. Therefore not all Caucasians are white.

Not All Caucasians Are White: The Supreme Court Rejects Citizenship for Asian Indians

In its decision in the case of U.S. v. Bhagat Singh Thind (1923), the Supreme Court deemed Asian Indians ineligible for citizenship because U.S. law allowed only free whites to become naturalized citizens. The court conceded that Indians were “Caucasians” and that anthropologists considered them to be of the same race as white Americans, but argued that “the average man knows perfectly well that there are unmistakable and profound differences.” The Thind decision also led to successful efforts to denaturalize some who had previously become citizens. This represented a particular threat in California, where a 1913 law prohibited aliens ineligible for citizenship from owning or leasing land. Only in 1946 did Congress, which was beginning to recognize that India would soon be independent and a major world power, pass a new law that allowed Indians to become citizens and also established a small immigration quota. But major immigration to the United States from South Asia did not begin until after immigration laws were sharply revised in 1965.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:15 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know when I heard TPH was going to be in a movie with Brad Pitt, I thought she was going to be his girlfriend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies