Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,610,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Perhaps you haven't seen some of the radicals who post on this forum.

To use any word less than "hate" for how they feel toward our president would be generous at best. One poster openly admitted she hates Obama and always calls him "hussein obama".

The fourth grader was not too far out of line. Hopefully we will someday know only love and disagreement.
If that 4th grader would have been paying attention when Bush was in office, he would have already understood and not needed Obama to explain that being hated comes with the job. The left hated and despised Bush every bit as strongly as anyone hates or despises Obama now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No, if you love dogs as I assume you do you can't be a bad person. I can't hate somebody I have never met, I don't hate Beck for instance but I still believe he is a delusional moron.
I will reiterate. I do not hate you but I dislike you because your posts are negative, sarcastic, and hateful.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I will reiterate. I do not hate you but I dislike you because your posts are negative, sarcastic, and hateful.
Easy solution, ignore my posts.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
Quote:
Easy solution, ignore my posts.
No problem. You are the one who jumped on to my thread. Hasta la vista and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
If that 4th grader would have been paying attention when Bush was in office, he would have already understood and not needed Obama to explain that being hated comes with the job. The left hated and despised Bush every bit as strongly as anyone hates or despises Obama now.
It was different. I never met anyone who hated Bush as a person. Most people saw him as a pretty likeable, amiable individual, and they certainly gave him a chance to prove himself.

What he did to our country - his horrific leadership undermined on all sides, his failed policies, his xenophile worldview in a global age, his appointment of incompetent people that led to people killed in New Orleans, and his embarrassing gaffs on the international stage - boggled peoples' minds around the world that this was the best we could come up with. A lot of international people and Americans alike accepted that the first election was just rigged, but when we brought him back they couldn't believe it.

But, the hatred of Obama is much more personal for a lot of people. They have hated Obama since before he took office. It's different. Bush's unpopularity grew over time with his failures. Obama wasn't even given a chance because the likes of Hannity and Beck convinced their followers he's some evil "other".

Pretty absurd, I know, but this is what our "media" has been reduced to - fear mongering for power.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:59 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Hate is very strong emotion that is very negative. If you disagree with a point of view do you typically feel hate? Hate will destroy your soul.
I agree. The people who have the "I hate......(fill in the blank), tend to be hateful, unhappy people who attribute thier uncomfortable position in life not to themselves, but a variety of groups that are "responsible" for thier situation. Responsibility is no longer in vogue; being a victim assuages one's anguish over personal failures. It is easier than introspection, yet creates an inescapable whirlpool of more and more hate, and less personal accountability.

Ironcially, the hateful groups tend to lack introspection and subsequently label those advocating personal responsibility as "hateful" when they will not recognize and celebrate thier "victim" status.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 AM

97 posts, read 116,618 times
Quote:
No, if you love dogs as I assume you do you can't be a bad person.
Hitler love dogs do you think he was a good person ? I don't dog lover or not he was a bad person

Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
No problem. You are the one who jumped on to my thread. Hasta la vista and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.
You don't "own" threads.
This is a public forum.
You acted hatefully in this and your previous post.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies