Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:08 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times

Advertisements

Certainly it is aggravating, I read volumes of stuff that make me dizzy with befuddlement. Even still, there are also some very thoughtful and meaningful posts, topics, and discussions among the craziness. The more we feed into that which drives us nuts, the longer it will persist. As cliche as the saying goes, I know of no better quote than be the change we wish to see. Another might be, "Never argue with a fool as a stranger may happen by and not know the difference."

Old 10-17-2009, 11:10 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The topic was the Op's assertion that all threads about obama are meaningless and trivial and those who want to blame him for everything.

Deficit spending is one of those issues/topics on this board.

Bush is not a part of this thread.
Bush ran a deficit too, were you just as angry then as now, or, is it because America has it's first black president which you despise? And, speaking of nasty threads, I know someone, I won't mention the poster, who has many. So, there you go.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Bush ran a deficit too, were you just as angry then as now, or, is it because America has it's first black president which you despise? And, speaking of nasty threads, I know someone, I won't mention the poster, who has many. So, there you go.
Most Republicans sang songs and cheered when Bush decided to bomb Iraq and spend as much as he did. It was "Gods plan", you know?

But when a Democratic president does it, the tune changes.

I doubt Sanrene was this upset when Bush did it.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:16 PM

101 posts, read 61,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As you can see, your premise is totally defective.

There a numerous threads with numerous topics about obama that are serious and important, like deficit spending.

Of course, I wouldn't expect an obamaphyte to think that way. As I said, their responses are virtually the same and universally applied, regardless of the topic.

It's just no big deal - sums up nicely the canned responses.
Thanks for the insult but I'm not excatly sure what an "obamaphyte" is..You're providing the easiest example of what is so frustrating. There are a few topics that are in fact serious and debatable but when topics like spending are debated, it ultimately turns into an Obama bash thread not how and where should we spend our money and who is responsible, Congress the WH etc..It's always "all roads lead to Obama". A WH staffer makes a comment that a "certain sector" of society can't understand and people attribute that to Obama and on and on.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:38 AM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
wow, I see the blame America first crowd is slobbering over each other on this thread.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEG View Post
I've been reading these threads and what I consistently see are many with the same structure..

A. State random problem/issue without actual facts.

B. After a few posts randomly blame that problem/issue on Obama.

C. Get challenged and resort to an all out attack on Obama that has nothing to do with the OP.

Why try and hide your disdain for the President? It's quite evident. I would suggest a sticky thread be created as a repository for all Obama bash comments. It would probably clean up the forum of the abundance of trash and offer those likeminded individuals who hate Obama to have a constant release and allow the rest of us to be free of their nonsense.
Oh for Gods sake, attack on Obama, nowhere is the attact on Obama anywhere near what it is on Palin, Beck, the conservatives overall, the right wing reliegions, etc. Read these boards completely and then come back and say this!!!!

Sure, there are attacks on him, that is what these boards are all about and yes, they can get pretty personel from time to time, but certainly he doesn't get the same crap as the other side!!!!

Nita

Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh for Gods sake, attack on Obama, nowhere is the attact on Obama anywhere near what it is on Palin, Beck, the conservatives overall, the right wing reliegions, etc. Read these boards completely and then come back and say this!!!!

Sure, there are attacks on him, that is what these boards are all about and yes, they can get pretty personel from time to time, but certainly he doesn't get the same crap as the other side!!!!

Nita

Sorry, I've read enough and there are few threads (today) created by "liberals" about Palin and virtually none about Beck (he's a comedian anyway)..Conservatives bring up/start threads about conservative comedians like Rush and Beck and try to pass them off as impartial journalists. I guess it shows that the republicans have no real politicians worth discussing when the only ones discussed are comedians/commentators or failed ex-short term Governors.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEG View Post
I've been reading these threads and what I consistently see are many with the same structure..

A. State random problem/issue without actual facts.

B. After a few posts randomly blame that problem/issue on Obama.

C. Get challenged and resort to an all out attack on Obama that has nothing to do with the OP.

Why try and hide your disdain for the President? It's quite evident. I would suggest a sticky thread be created as a repository for all Obama bash comments. It would probably clean up the forum of the abundance of trash and offer those likeminded individuals who hate Obama to have a constant release and allow the rest of us to be free of their nonsense.
Obama deserves what he is getting. His actions bring on the responses he gets. It all started with bringing in sleaze into the white house like Geitner. He has surrounded himself with the same DC crowd that so many non-sheep hate. His is the epitomy of the corrupt DC crowd with a twist of Chicago corruption to add.

We will continue to get these Bozos year after year until the people wake up.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Obama deserves what he is getting. His actions bring on the responses he gets. It all started with bringing in sleaze into the white house like Geitner. He has surrounded himself with the same DC crowd that so many non-sheep hate. His is the epitomy of the corrupt DC crowd with a twist of Chicago corruption to add.

We will continue to get these Bozos year after year until the people wake up.

blowoutcongress.com
Thanks again for proving my point and advertising to boot.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Most Republicans sang songs and cheered when Bush decided to bomb Iraq and spend as much as he did. It was "Gods plan", you know?

But when a Democratic president does it, the tune changes.

I doubt Sanrene was this upset when Bush did it.
Sorry but it is the hypocrisy of the left that is so amusing. When Bush does it they want trials, tribunals. When Obama does it they applaud him for his wisdom. When the left refuses to even acknowledge this fact they lose all credibility. Just the facts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies