Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 AM

436 posts, read 873,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A shootout between several patrons at the Route 66 bar on Westwood Avenue near Hill Avenue in Toledo was captured on surveillance tape.
The shootout took place a few minutes before midnight late Thursday.

YouTube - Bar shootout caught on tape
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 01:26 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
And gun-rights advocates wonder why others are skeptical of the "if everybody had a gun, nobody would get shot" theory.

Perhaps next time I see a movie where hundreds of bullets are fired and nobody gets hit, I'll think of this video and not be so critical. Those people were horrible shots!

(I love how the reporter calls them "cowards". God bless unbiased reporting )

Old 10-18-2009, 02:09 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
I wonder if those people obtained their guns legally?

Old 10-18-2009, 03:30 AM

689 posts, read 742,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I wonder if those people obtained their guns legally?

NONE of them were legally carrying in this case regardless. It was in a bar. Unless Ohio has different laws than many other places...

Old 10-18-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
And gun-rights advocates wonder why others are skeptical of the "if everybody had a gun, nobody would get shot" theory.

Perhaps next time I see a movie where hundreds of bullets are fired and nobody gets hit, I'll think of this video and not be so critical. Those people were horrible shots!

(I love how the reporter calls them "cowards". God bless unbiased reporting )
The theory is correct. Everyone did have guns and no one got shot! Oh...they are cowards.

On a serious note, gun crime/violence has actually increased by 40% in England since they banned guns. Go ahead and look it up.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:30 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
The theory is correct. Everyone did have guns and no one got shot! Oh...they are cowards.

On a serious note, gun crime/violence has actually increased by 40% in England since they banned guns. Go ahead and look it up.
Oh, I'm not against guns. On my way shooting today, actually. I just don't think a lot of the rural people who want no reatrictions appreciate how dangerous an armed populace can be in a crowded urban locale.

Be interesting to know the actual correlation of crime increase in England - if it is because of gun bans or some extenuating factor.

Complex subject. No easy answer.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:34 AM

436 posts, read 873,963 times
NO injury?

It is the bullet too weak or the men too strong? Amazing... ...

A different layer of "coward"

Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Oh, I'm not against guns. On my way shooting today, actually. I just don't think a lot of the rural people who want no reatrictions appreciate how dangerous an armed populace can be in a crowded urban locale.

Be interesting to know the actual correlation of crime increase in England - if it is because of gun bans or some extenuating factor.

Complex subject. No easy answer.
Well...since the ban gun violence is up 40%. From what I recall, it was almost immediate (the following year). I don't see how crime with guns just naturally progressed in such a short time by coincidence????? Store owners in urban areas there get robbed left and right and have to shut down businesses, etc. because of it. The crooks definitely have the upper hand. Don't take my word for it though. Look it up yourself. Glad you're reasonable in your views. A lot of people are either one way or the other (like their politics in general). This is an example of how being like that doesn't work.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:23 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
This is what a typical night at an Arizona bar will now look like now that they've foolishly allowed their carry laws to extend into bar rooms. I can see having a bit of nostalgia for the good ol' days of the wild west but geez.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:14 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Quote:
Well...since the ban gun violence is up 40%... Don't take my word for it though. Look it up yourself.
Well, here is what I found:

Killings are lowest in 20 years

Quote:
The number of murders and manslaughters has dropped by 17% to a 20-year low of 648, the annual crime figures for England and Wales show.

There were 136 fewer killings in 2008/9 compared with a year earlier, according to the Home Office figures.
This means that England and Wales recorded a murder rate of 1.2 killings per 100,000 people per year. The rate in the US is currently 5.4 per 100,000 people, which means England and Wales' rate is 4.5 times lower.

Hmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies