Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:21 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times

Advertisements

Perfectly fine to be skeptical. Just about everyone is. But when the best you can come up with as a spokesperson for your reservations is an uncredentialed world-class bozo-boy such as Lord Monckton, the motivation for what you are trying to pass off as principled skepticsm becomes shall we say suspect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 06:25 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, will all this happen before, or after Obama's private army has taken us us to the concentration / re-education camps? I mean who cares about this if we're going working to be at the camps anyway? And the elderly do not need to care either because Obama is going to kill them anyway.

Just another conspiracy theory to add on top of all the others.....
Just remember, there are also "conspiracy facts" out there just waiting to be uncovered. And throughout history, there have been people like you, and me, who would call things that sounded outlandish a "conspiracy theory" only to have that theory proven in the end. Which would effectively make it a "conspiracy fact" It has happened before and it will happen again. Question is, would you actually acknowledge such evidence if it presented itself or would you deny to the bitter end. I ask because so many are just that hard headed. Either way, this info. is worth atleast looking into. Nothing wrong with a little investigation, even if the subject is your new president. Whom, I might add, hasn't done anything wrong where this issue is concerned as of yet. This isn't about attacking Obama, atleast for me. I just prefer it when Americans really look into things for non partisan reasons, instead of ignoring possibilites because the subject of the probe is someone they love or look up to. The system is supposed to run on checks and balances, and we, the people, have the right to check up on them all we want. So, do that, then present your evidence to the contrary of what has been stated here. Then, we can all debate and have a lovely time. Because this is America, and we can still do that.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:32 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Perfectly fine to be skeptical. Just about everyone is. But when the best you can come up with as a spokesperson for your reservations is an uncredentialed world-class bozo-boy such as Lord Monckton, the motivation for what you are trying to pass off as principled skepticsm becomes shall we say suspect...
I dont' even know this guy. But this is a case of attack the messenger, and ignore the possibilities. You know, the guy may be a big loser. But you know what, even losers get one right every once in a while. This man isn't my chosen spokesperson, he just happened to be the guy on the link at the beginning of this thread. I am not asking you or anyone else to look into this based on your opinions of this man. I am simply asking that we look into it, simply as a precaution if nothing else. Because honestly, I don't care about party affiliation or PC thinking, I care about you and me and all the rest of us. This may well be a big bunch of bull crap. But there is nothing wrong with checking it out. Especially since the idea of a "New World Order" has been around for quite some time. That part of this is definately a reality. There are those who would seek world domination. There always have been. So there is nothing wrong with being a skeptic on either end of this, as long as we are all willing to accept if we were wrong.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Frankly, if you don't even watch the video that the thread is based on, there is really no point in commenting other than to try and cause trouble. It's sort of like trying to take a test you never studied for. You fail. But please understand, I am not towing this along like it's pure truth. But it is worth checking out. If Bush's name were to appear next to the list of possible signers, you would want to check into it, no matter how far fetched it sounded. And so would I, because I did not trust G.W. And, I do not trust Obama. But the left seem to trust him completely, and I think that is where the real problems lie. We have a president that has duped half the country into thinking they can completely trust him. That he would never do anything to jeopardize your freedom. But since the day I was born, presidents have been doing just that.

And that is why watching the video and maybe doing a little research at the library or on the web is a good thing. Not because you want to "get Obama", but because you want to protect your freedom and the freedom of your fellow citizens. If this info. proves to be nothing more than a fart in the wind, then you could simply say "I told you so" But as it stands now, it doesn't appear you plan to put any effort into investigating this matter, so it is really hard to take anything you say on the matter seriously. Quick wit is a wonderful talent, but it will only get you so far. Solid research and an open mind are essential to handling any political matters in this day and age. Please, look into this a little more before raising your Obama banner. Because in the end, it's not about him, it's about us.
So refreshing to have so much common sense in this thread in the last few posts. Thank you.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Just remember, there are also "conspiracy facts" out there just waiting to be uncovered. And throughout history, there have been people like you, and me, who would call things that sounded outlandish a "conspiracy theory" only to have that theory proven in the end. Which would effectively make it a "conspiracy fact" It has happened before and it will happen again. Question is, would you actually acknowledge such evidence if it presented itself or would you deny to the bitter end. I ask because so many are just that hard headed. Either way, this info. is worth atleast looking into. Nothing wrong with a little investigation, even if the subject is your new president. Whom, I might add, hasn't done anything wrong where this issue is concerned as of yet. This isn't about attacking Obama, atleast for me. I just prefer it when Americans really look into things for non partisan reasons, instead of ignoring possibilites because the subject of the probe is someone they love or look up to. The system is supposed to run on checks and balances, and we, the people, have the right to check up on them all we want. So, do that, then present your evidence to the contrary of what has been stated here. Then, we can all debate and have a lovely time. Because this is America, and we can still do that.
There is a problem when a news network comes up with dozens of horror stories to scare the population. Yes, I suppose some of the stories have theoretical chance of becoming reality, but the chances are very low. Do you really believe Obama will start locking people up in concentration camps? Do you really believe he is a Muslim extremist? Do you really believe he will brainwash out children? I don't believe them although there is a theoretical possibility of anything happening, but a news network should NOT spread stories like that unless they can prove there is a good possibility of them coming true.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Frankly, if you don't even watch the video that the thread is based on, there is really no point in commenting other than to try and cause trouble. It's sort of like trying to take a test you never studied for. You fail. But please understand, I am not towing this along like it's pure truth. But it is worth checking out. If Bush's name were to appear next to the list of possible signers, you would want to check into it, no matter how far fetched it sounded. And so would I, because I did not trust G.W. And, I do not trust Obama. But the left seem to trust him completely, and I think that is where the real problems lie. We have a president that has duped half the country into thinking they can completely trust him. That he would never do anything to jeopardize your freedom. But since the day I was born, presidents have been doing just that.

And that is why watching the video and maybe doing a little research at the library or on the web is a good thing. Not because you want to "get Obama", but because you want to protect your freedom and the freedom of your fellow citizens. If this info. proves to be nothing more than a fart in the wind, then you could simply say "I told you so" But as it stands now, it doesn't appear you plan to put any effort into investigating this matter, so it is really hard to take anything you say on the matter seriously. Quick wit is a wonderful talent, but it will only get you so far. Solid research and an open mind are essential to handling any political matters in this day and age. Please, look into this a little more before raising your Obama banner. Because in the end, it's not about him, it's about us.
I watched about a minute, maybe a minute and a half of the thing before the guy's voice started to put me to sleep - and what he was saying was not enough to counter that! If the guy really had any proof of the things he was claiming, he should have presented it in the first few seconds of the video - he didn't and I simply couldn't listen any further to find out if he had any proof. No proof means I'm simply not going to believe it.

And I understand what Katiana was saying about this forum's apparent 'love' for videos - as if just because it's in a video it has to be true.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Seems like another thread for paranoids, like the kind of trembling-in-fear weirdos who constantly scan the skies to search for the arrival of those "big, black helicopters".
Too many people label the spread of fear as common sense. The same people who also believe we are surrounded by invisible devils and angels, and that the "end times" are upon us.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
I totally agree...Obama's policies are working wonders...
Good lad.

You have the uncanny ability to get the wrong end of the stick, each and every time.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:54 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
I dont' even know this guy. But this is a case of attack the messenger, and ignore the possibilities. You know, the guy may be a big loser. But you know what, even losers get one right every once in a while.
No, this is a case of pointing out invalid arguments from the outliers and more instances of wishing simply to throw sand in the machinery for reasons of personal and political gain. Monckton has no scientific training or insight of any kind. His school training was in journalism, and his career in that field has been at British tabloids and other right-wing outlets. His treatises on climate change have been thoroughly debunked and properly ridiculed by actually qualified people as partisan poppycock designed merely to mislead the unsophisticated. It is one of the right's enduring tactics to throw out as many pointless and groundless diversions as they can, hoping to force the opposition to waste time and resources disproving each and every one of them. Should they refuse on grounds of readily apparent perfidiousness to do so, one simply accuses them of hastily dismissing contradictory evidence and not really being intetrested in learning the truth. It's all a canard, and it's as old as the hills. Sadly, it still works on some.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times
Quote:
Good lad.

You have the uncanny ability to get the wrong end of the stick, each and every time.
Well at least is not stuck up my "you know what" like some people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies