Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 08:54 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times

Advertisements

White House Misread Russia on Iran

The Obama administration believed Russia was going to back sanctions against Iran, but may have spoken too soon.

The Obama administration was elated a month ago when the Russian president said sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program could become "inevitable." Washington's reaction may have been significantly premature.
Dmitry Medvedev's words were seen as a major Kremlin shift and one that would buttress U.S. attempts to combine renewed negotiations with Tehran and a united front that threatened Iran with punishing global sanctions for failure to come clean about its nuclear ambitions.
White House Misread Russia on Iran - Political News - FOXNews.com

Is this guy's inexperience showing yet??? He only spent 137 days in the US Senate and we gave him the keys to the car!! He's never held any executive position on anything. But now he's trying to run this country. Wow.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 09:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
The deal must have also included scrapping missile defense and throwing the allies to the Russian wolves. See, this is what happens when you give stuff away with ""good" (i.e., stupid) intentions.

They saw him coming, the appeaser, and they will take full advantage of him.

As a truly great president once said; trust, but verify.

Obama just got rolled.

Is this really so surprising?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
We're all soooo scared of Iran!

It has a military budget 1% of the USA miltary budget.

It's never attacked another Country in modern history.

Why can't Obama control the World?.......Whaaaaaah!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:26 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
Uncle Sam's big old nose is so long from reaching around the globe, and sniffing too many cracks. It's so long that Atlas can jump rope with it !

Old 10-18-2009, 09:45 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
What!!!

You are surprised that Obama got something wrong again?

His followers are going to have a group hug when the idiot gets something correct.

Yes, he lack of experience and his decision making skills are coming to light quickly as he continues to make a ass out of himself all over the world.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:48 PM

11,082 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Uncle Sam's big old nose is so long from reaching around the globe, and sniffing too many cracks. It's so long that Atlas can jump rope with it !
This is true and both Bushes put that big old nose out there. Obama just inherited it. I made a statement on facebook during the inauguration that it will finally be nice to see the White House Rose Garden without a Bush in it. Got a bunch agreeing with me.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:37 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
This is true and both Bushes put that big old nose out there. Obama just inherited it. I made a statement on facebook during the inauguration that it will finally be nice to see the White House Rose Garden without a Bush in it. Got a bunch agreeing with me.

Inherited this??? When will any mistakes, on his watch, belong to him?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:41 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
We're all soooo scared of Iran!

It has a military budget 1% of the USA miltary budget.

It's never attacked another Country in modern history.

Why can't Obama control the World?.......Whaaaaaah!

I guess you missed the problem-

Iran with a nuclear bomb is no threat for a direct attack on the US. Any idiot knows that. The threat is

1. Starting a nuclear war in the gulf, thus crippling world oil supplies

2. Arming terrorists with a nuclear weapon to be used against the US

Wake up

Old 10-19-2009, 09:22 AM

480 posts, read 877,866 times
Terrible "reporting." No examples showing the Obama administration was "elated" or "clearly delighted" after last month's meeting, just the "reporter's" perception, stated as "fact." This is not a news article but a commentary, in keeping with Fox's thinly veiled attempt to disguise opinion as news in its anti-Obama agenda.

In fact, President Obama's statement after meeting with Medvedev:

"I believe that Russia and the United States shares the strategic objective that Iran can pursue peaceful energy sources but that it should not pursue nuclear weapons. I believe we also share the view that this should be resolved diplomatically, and I am on record as being committed to negotiating with Iran in a serious fashion to resolve this issue.

"Russia, as a major leader, I think believes that such an approach is possible, as well. But I think we also both agree that if Iran does not respond to serious negotiations and resolve this issue in a way that assures the international community that it's meeting its commitments, and is not developing nuclear weapons, then we will have to take additional actions and that sanctions, serious additional sanctions, remain a possibility."

Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
White House Misread Russia on Iran

The Obama administration believed Russia was going to back sanctions against Iran, but may have spoken too soon.

The Obama administration was elated a month ago when the Russian president said sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program could become "inevitable." Washington's reaction may have been significantly premature.
Dmitry Medvedev's words were seen as a major Kremlin shift and one that would buttress U.S. attempts to combine renewed negotiations with Tehran and a united front that threatened Iran with punishing global sanctions for failure to come clean about its nuclear ambitions.
White House Misread Russia on Iran - Political News - FOXNews.com

Is this guy's inexperience showing yet??? He only spent 137 days in the US Senate and we gave him the keys to the car!! He's never held any executive position on anything. But now he's trying to run this country. Wow.......
I couldn't rep. you for this thread, but you deserved them....

Obama is making mistake after mistake and now we are getitng the health care mistake and than the expensive cap & trade tax hike, etc....how long can this man go on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies