Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
From Newsweek, the same rag that compared Obama to a God.
RealClearPolitics - Video - Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas: Obama Is "Sort Of God"
It's no wonder that they would come out and attack the only media outlet that consistently questions the 'God" Obama and his disciples.

I do. Seems as FOX is the only one to directly challenge Obama the "God" and his radical disciples.
Be thankfull someone is watching them.
Don't expect any of this to sink in on the OP. Like most of the left, they simply take their anti-Fox marching orders and run with them while blindfolded wearing earplugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Don't expect any of this to sink in on the OP. Like most of the left, they simply take their anti-Fox marching orders and run with them while blindfolded wearing earplugs.
And they NEVER return to defend their baseless arguments once they are cornered and proven wrong.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Why do you say things like this? I don't take marching orders from anyone and have been able to observe independently the extreme ideological bias at Fox - both news and commentary.

It's pretty obvious to anyone without an agenda.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Huh? Newsweek et al. certainly do criticize Obama.

Search for "obama" - Newsweek.com (http://search.newsweek.com/search?q=obama - broken link)

I guess not in Faux World, though.

"Newspeak"

Here's a link.

Newspeak and George Orwell's 1984 - Charles' George Orwell Links

Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I found this one on the same page as the one that precedes it in this thread but for some reason I heard the Fox man saying that if Hillary meant that Oba mao may get assassinated he didn't take kindly to it. For some reason we find the Fox man saying the exact opposite of what others are saying they say on this thread. Maybe it is time for people to stop digging without listening to the whole thing. In other words going beyond the title that some hater put above the video.

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
From Newsweek, the same rag that compared Obama to a God.
RealClearPolitics - Video - Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas: Obama Is "Sort Of God"
It's no wonder that they would come out and attack the only media outlet that consistently questions the 'God" Obama and his disciples.

I do. Seems as FOX is the only one to directly challenge Obama the "God" and his radical disciples.
Be thankfull someone is watching them.
Radical disciples? Lol ...at least Obama never claimed he spoke personally to God, as Bush did.

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I don't get what question there is to answer. If advertisers leave, I guess FN shuts down.

I don't get why you think people are avoiding answering that. It's just simple economics.
To paraphrase, this question was in another post to delusiane. She said the WH was not trying to silence Fox from their comments on the Sunday news programs.

I said that from their comments, it could hurt Fox financially, thereby possibly causing Fox to shut down. (I realize it's a stretch).

Therefore, the WH would be SILENCING their opponents.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Jadex, Fauxtold you the White House representatives were "going after" them, but they were not and did not. Axelrod and Emanuel both simply answered questions put to them -- one tacked-on question -- at the end of their shows. They did not bring up the topic of Faux. They both answered with basically the same comment: that Faux is not a news organization. Axelrod said that "we" would go on Faux, and Emanuel on his show pointed out what actually does occupy the attention of the WH. (Hint: it aint Faux.)

So because you all only watch/read Faux,]you have a skewed perception of what actually happened... of reality.

Your comment, "...sure does make me feel like my right to free speech is protected" -- that's EXACTLY what Fauxwants you to take away.
I see you still get your jollies using that word.

Too bad most people know that the real faux channel is MSNBC (and the faux magazine is Newsweek).

Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Great story Sanrene. Of course we already all knew that, but now we have it straight from the horses mouth.

Now if Fox News was all liberal.....
But somebody has to tell the uncontrolled (from the WH), truth and it seems that only Fox will do that. I guess the boys down in the basement of the WH have to find some legal way to get them silenced. Rahm is looking, I am sure.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Advertising is their major souce of income. So if the WH keeps their pressure on saying the Fox is not a real news source, will those advertisers leave?

If that happens, will Fox news have to shutdown and the WH have succeded in silencing them?

I keep asking this question, but you are bouncing around so much, you may have overlooked it.
I answered you at length at the other thread. It wasnt the answer you wanted, maybe that's why you didnt see it.

Will the advertisers leave? No; most if not all of the Glenn Beck advertisers who pulled out just moved their accounts over to other parts of Faux. They know Faux is popular
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies