Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 02:21 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times

Advertisements

I'm home watching all the cable news channels this afternoon. They are all reporting the same stories: bus crash video, Sherrif Arpaio, story about a rescue of dogs from a dog fighting organization in Georgia, health care, the H1N1 epidemic and having to turn patients away from er's. 17 yr. old pilot crashes his plane and walks away unhurt. Yadda yadda............Now Rick Sanchez is doing his show w/Spanish title: Fotos de Deio w/Latin music in the background. But basically all the channels are doing the same stories. Now in the evening is when the 'opinion' shows begin airing. You'll get the slant for Obama on CNN, MSNBC, but a somewhat different pov on Fox. So there, let's just can all this crap about "Faux" News. They're all faux!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
FauxNews actually lies in its "newscasts", not only in its entertainment shows. You can check MediaMatters for dozens of individual instances, though one off the top of my head is the crawl under Mark Foley's image, "D-FL"; they did the same thing with some other R in trouble, too. Please link to any lie Rachel Maddow, K Olbermann or Chris Matthews has uttered or conveyed.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
FauxNews actually lies in its "newscasts", not only in its entertainment shows. You can check MediaMatters for dozens of individual instances, though one off the top of my head is the crawl under Mark Foley's image, "D-FL"; they did the same thing with some other R in trouble, too. Please link to any lie Rachel Maddow, K Olbermann or Chris Matthews has uttered or conveyed.
MediaMatters ???? LMAO!. You need to dig deeper than that biased paid off rag of a site.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:41 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
MediaMatters ???? LMAO!. You need to dig deeper than that biased paid off rag of a site.
I know delu can't be serious! Using MediaMatters as a "source!"

More proof that the libs can't accept any news outlet that is not left-wing.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Agreed MediaMatters is the same as NewsBusters. Biased!
There will never be an end to this argument.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Funny how people call unbiased sites rags, yet defend Glenn Beck or oxycontin addict Rush....rather disingenuous, but I guess its easier to listen to hatred and stupidity than research facts. Obama is the first intelligent man we have seen in 8 years, he speaks proper grammar, can think analytically after attending an Ivy League school, and doesn't wear a cowboy hat,lol.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I know he can't be serious! Using MediaMatters as a "source!"

More proof that the libs can't accept any news outlet that is not left-wing.
I know, seeing as how MM big wigs admitted to being bought off with Clinton's money during her presidential race. Or was it that MM was founded and funded by the Clinton's? I forget, but you get the picture. One BIG ASS Progressive mouthpiece.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Funny how people call unbiased sites rags, yet defend Glenn Beck or oxycontin addict Rush....rather disingenuous, but I guess its easier to listen to hatred and stupidity than research facts. Obama is the first intelligent man we have seen in 8 years, he speaks proper grammar, can think analytically after attending an Ivy League school, and doesn't wear a cowboy hat,lol.
WOW he speaks good grammar,,,,what does that mean? He's still not remotely qualified for the job. Man, you're an easy sell!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
For one thing, Rush did seek treatment... others like Michael Jackson and Elvis did not. And Rush did it in time... before it did more harm.

Second, rush got addicted to that prescription drug not by choice. He didn't take it because he wanted to or for "kicks." It was for severe back pain. But I think every rational person knows that already.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Read Dr.Paul Krugman, a brilliant economist ..most tv news is trash, so sick of Rick Sanchez,lol and I pay 300/month for satellite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies