Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,673,464 times

Advertisements

Liberty, Economic or Personal are always challenged by the self proclaimed elite. Everyday liberty is under assault and a case must be made vigorously to protect it by the American people.
Many though out history have found it is a hard price to pay for freedom, while others found it much easier to surrender to the chains of Big Government to "get what they want"
[LEFT]

Health care involvement, wars, "disaster relief" social security, welfare, taxes.
While you debate Government good and or bad remember the facts.
FACTS are government lies, changes and always has a different direction for what it sees as "FAIR" They exist to protect it's wealth, power and election status. They have agendas which only help the few and or create a false sense of freedom but stealing from others to create it. The more power you put into the hands of government the more it will destroy your individual freedom because you gave it the power in the first place. <--- that is FACT.

If you are a republican and or a democrat and want the government to have power over people's lives, economic and personal lives you are the problem and you will be removed. You only have to do 2 things and accept each other as human beings.

1. Leave everyone's income alone, do not tax it or punish it and move it from income levels create a low flat (5%-10%) taxes against all incomes, no write offs, or remove the income tax all together. (I say remove income tax all together) Government taxation on labor defeats the purpose of working and supporting yourself.
2. Leave everyone's personal choices their responsibility, do not attack religions, other countries unless attacked, and no nation building. Remove the troops from other nations we are to protect ourselves. Let people marry who they want how is effecting your lives. Over time social issues will be resolved themselves in nature. Government is not the hand of your god. Just as Government is not the hand of those who have no god. Social tolerance doesn't mean you have to like it but it doesn't mean you get to use Government to decide via force and laws your personal views.

Liberty comes at a price and since we have no liberty we are all fighting to keep it from the groups who want government control.
Peoples lives do not believe in the hands of government they belong among friends, family and communities and the simple choice to be FREE.

When a politician promise to give you something tell him go to hell, democrat or republican.

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,990,240 times
The word liberal comes from liberty.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:17 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times
You shouldn't use others words as your own without citing the source. It's called plagiarism.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,043,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
The word liberal comes from liberty.
And Conservative comes from conserve. Neither group fits the definition of its derivitive.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,034,407 times
If you are going to copy and paste something from another source it usually looks better if you take out the tags (and reference it).

Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
If you are going to copy and paste something from another source it usually looks better if you take out the tags (and reference it).

The first 2 sentences are mine. I copy and pasted it from a old posting.
That is why the tag is still there.
Then a modified 2 words of which are mine anyway.
They are quotes by me.. Brian Calla
Enjoy.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You shouldn't use others words as your own without citing the source. It's called plagiarism.
The first 2 sentences are mine in were you might believe I plagiarised. I copy and pasted it from a old posting.
That is why the tag is still there.
They are quotes by me and everything in that posting is from my brain and source is this website and my name is Brian Calla.
Enjoy.

Anything else.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,734,508 times
Government's only moral power is to protect individual freedoms. Anything beyond that is criminal and immoral.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
If you are a republican and or a democrat and want the government to have power over people's lives, economic and personal lives you are the problem and you will be removed.
I'm in Philly, please feel free to come and remove me at your earliest convenience, but please pack a lunch because you are going to be here for a long time trying.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,780,152 times
Quote:
Liberty, Economic or Personal are always challenged by the self proclaimed elite.
Then one must strive to become part of the elite. Then your liberty will be assured. That has been the way in this country since its inception.

Quote:
The more power you put into the hands of government the more it will destroy your individual freedom because you gave it the power in the first place.
It is empowering to be able to use government as a hammer to nail your rivals. All political persuasions, conservative, liberal, and everyone in between, use it that way.

Quote:
When a politician promise to give you something tell him go to hell, democrat or republican.
If you see a politician giving someone else a handout tell him that. Otherwise, if he gives you one, smile and say thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies