Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 04:41 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Ratings do not work that way and you know it. Besides the other 295,000,000 were in line for the free cheese or no longer have cable.

Probably Obama voters who are living under a bride somewhere and have no access to the real news.

Face it, Beck is hot and you cannot deny that.
From the Howstuffworks website:

HowStuffWorks "How do television ratings work? How do they figure out how many"

Quote:
To find out who is watching TV and what they are watching, the company gets around 5,000 households to agree to be a part of the representative sample for the national ratings estimates. Nielsen's statistics show that 99 million households have TVs in the United States, so Nielsen's sample is not very large. The key, therefore, is to be sure the sample is representative.
OK. I apologize. Why did 94,000,000 households not tune in to watch Glenn Beck?

Or is Nielsen's sample not representative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 05:02 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
From the Howstuffworks website:

HowStuffWorks "How do television ratings work? How do they figure out how many"

OK. I apologize. Why did 94,000,000 households not tune in to watch Glenn Beck?

Or is Nielsen's sample not representative?
Who cares? The sampling shows that Americans are involved and concerned. Even if they don't agree with Beck, it seems they are interested in what he has to say. This does not bode well for the Obama administration.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:36 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Brilliant Glenn Beck......strike that....DELUSIONAL Glenn Beck compares the criticism of FOX to the holocaust....

YouTube - Glenn Beck compares criticism of Fox to the holocaust - Psycho talk.
I need not ask who is delusional here.

Didn't look at the clip, but I did catch this lead-in (did you?):

"You should open up a history book because you've missed the point of many brutal dictators. You missed the point of how they always start"... lead-in by MSNBC. Mighty Mislead-in, I'd say. Not responsible at all, but then why would I expect anything else of MSNBC.

Stay focused. It's "how they always start" that one has to be aware of, in order to fend off the consequences.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Becks great. I love anyone that is outing hussein obama and his criminal/insane associations. I have many friends that are wrking when he is on but the TEVO his show and watch when they get off work.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:50 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Brilliant Glenn Beck......strike that....DELUSIONAL Glenn Beck compares the criticism of FOX to the holocaust....

YouTube - Glenn Beck compares criticism of Fox to the holocaust - Psycho talk.

Talk about spin. Beck compared them to how dictators start, NOT the holocaust. The left is ignorant.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Who cares? The sampling shows that Americans are involved and concerned.
5 out of 300 people are involved and concerned with what Beck has to say.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:57 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Talk about spin. Beck compared them to how dictators start, NOT the holocaust. The left is ignorant.
Exactly! MSNBC must have a stupid audience to use an obvious spin like that and think they can put it over on them. (Well, appears they did with the person who posted that).

Old 10-17-2009, 05:58 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Greetings'

Keep up the great work Mr. Beck and company !!!

Indeed... extremely large numbers of the American people are beginning to take a much closer look at the Washington "Political Circus" due to the extremely dedicated work of the above mentioned folks !

It is most comforting to realize that the Americans of 2009 at long last have an extremely accurate media source in which to refer !
Bravo Mr. Beck..... " Keep Up The Outstanding Work" !!!

Thanks / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 10-17-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Spelling ... Thanks / Lamar

Old 10-17-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Becks great. I love anyone that is outing hussein obama and his criminal/insane associations. I have many friends that are wrking when he is on but the TEVO his show and watch when they get off work.
The numbers show Beck is beating his competition, that's all. No one can read anything else into it when so many people do not watch him.

Nielsen is testing out Tivo ratings, but aren't there yet:

Nielsen, TiVo Try Ratings Game

Old 10-17-2009, 06:23 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Beck is sounding more and more like the delusional Alex Jones every day....they'd make good rubber roommates!

YouTube - Beck compares Fox News to Jews during holocaust, other news organizations to silent bystanders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies