Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times

Advertisements

From Steve Chapman, Chicago Tribue:

"Dunn was not talking about goals; she was talking about strategy. And what she said about strategy was pretty vacuous.
She's not the first Washington figure to quote evil totalitarians. During the campaign, John McCain was fond of quoting Mao to the effect that "it's always darkest just before it goes totally black." Conservative anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist has been known to quote Lenin about combating enemies: "Probe with bayonets, looking for weaknesses." But I don't think either of them is a closet Communist."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:16 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Default Effective ..... Glen Beck Soldier's On !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Man....you should be working for the White House with "spin" like that.

Please tell me you don't believe that. Now you are trying to separate the philosophy of Mao from the actions of Mao??????? Dude.....

IT'S HIS PHILOSOPHY THAT LED TO TO HIS ACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE ACTED ON HIS BELIEFS!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE WERE IN HIS WAY!!!!!! HE WIPED THEM OUT!!!

It's simple.

And this Dunn idiot worships this guy!!

Ohh....but BECK IS EVIL!!! FOX NEWS IS EVIL!!

(SHAKES HEAD........TAKES TWO ASPRIN)
Greeting's

Glen Beck..... "Amazingly Effective" !!!

It appears most likely that there are not very many Americans who are not watching Mr. Beck & The Fox News Show these days.

Americans are hearing the voices of many so called media celebrities during the current extremely dismal time in our history.

Mr. Beck continues to "effectively" reach those folks whom are deeplyconcerned about the "Ominious Political Nightmare" in Washington D.C.
The "Bold & Dynamic" actions required to actually attempt to present "Actual Facts" of a newsworthy issue are indeed "Rare" and most often "Unheard" of in todays version of the media.....

It is refreshing and encouraging to witness an individual such as Beck who willingly makes just such an valiant effort and has acheived great success at present.....

Thank You / Lamar

Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Is there anyone on this forum who saw the movie Network? Those of you who saw the movie, do you still think of it as fiction or do you now see it as prophesy?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post

It appears most likely that there are not very many Americans who are not watching Mr. Beck & The Fox News Show these days.

Thank You / Lamar
There are "not many Americans" who don't watch American Idol, or Monday Night Football, or soap operas...get it?

Beck is an ENTERTAINER. He has a following right now because:
1)Economic times are uncertain- so people have fear and they cling to his "knowlege".
2)We've never had a minority president- so majority populations have fear and they to cling to tradition.
3)Society is changing faster than ever in history- people fear they will be left behind so they cling to his (and Rush's) debunking of scary things like climate change, etc.

THINK about it. Rush, Hannity, Beck, Coulter are all popular because they keep telling people if we just went back to the OLD ways, and did things they way we have ALWAYS done them, and if our leaders looked like they have ALWAYS looked (white, male, conservative), and if our country was made up of people who were ALL the same- then we wouldn't have these problems.

Ain't gonna happen...no matter how scary it is.
Embrace the changes. We have a great oportunity to reinvent ourselves as a better nation.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Is there anyone on this forum who saw the movie Network? Those of you who saw the movie, do you still think of it as fiction or do you now see it as prophesy?
I see the movie Idiocracy as prophesy.
I don't remember much about Network beyond "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I see the movie Idiocracy as prophesy.
I don't remember much about Network beyond "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".
Put Network on your Netflix list or whatever. Really, watch it, remember that it came out around 1976, and see if you don't end up shaking your head and wonder....."how did Paddy know this was coming."

Old 10-16-2009, 11:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
It seems that those who so loudly label themselves "patriots" these days see their fellow Americans as enemies.
Too true!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 AM

459 posts, read 804,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Beck eats liberal wienies in his Cheerios.

Gosh, Beck really bothers those commi loving folks.

They love Barry Mao Se Dung so much that they really have to go after Beck for exposes the commi generals real roots.

Go Glen, keep eating those lib wienies alive!!

HAHAHAHA!! You just said Beck eats wienies. I bet you dream all day long about that don't you you sick perverted freak show.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:22 AM

946 posts, read 2,604,208 times
A brilliant cry baby. He needs to start hitting the bottle again and spare the rest of America.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:58 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Well, most of your post is incomprehensible, but I can understand the last statement, so:

I heard Beck on a radio interview several months back, before he became a household name. It was like listening to a different person. He was very low-key, and perfectly lucid. The conversation was about the content of his show and his views and whether he really believed them. He just laughed and said something to the effect of, "Hey, I'm an entertainer--what can I say?"

He does it tongue in cheek........he always does. He does it because he knows his critics are doing it. But I think you KNOW that but are being obtuse on purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies