Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

And yet the Dems strain to hear each word that comes from her mouth. When she speaks they get all upset and a new term comes into the American landscape like death panels. She seems to be very powerful to me. I will believe the Dems that she means nothing when they stop going all weird over her and having fits.

Her book is already number 1 and it hasn't even been released yet. Many Dems wish they had such power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
LOL threat? wow I hope she runs I think Nader would do great then. Lord knows no one in their right mind would vote for her, well unless they want yet another corrupt group in the white house. She supports the breaking up of thte country... Doesn't seem like a good choice to me.

Link???

Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
When Biden is the biggest joke in political history!
He is a drunk, useless, and has no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Almost like Obama is a muslim and does not drink more than
3 oz a year...............
Biden is smart, experienced, and knows what he's doing. He just has a big mouth. Palin's problem is completely different. She's not experienced, doesn't know what she doing, doesn't know what she's talking about, and has a big mouth!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:20 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
When Biden is the biggest joke in political history!
He is a drunk, useless, and has no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Almost like Obama is a muslim and does not drink more than
3 oz a year...............
Her and her followers are such easy targets. Come on

Old 10-20-2009, 02:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
well the thought of her being a heartbeat away from being president was pretty damn scary. thankfully she's just a threat to moose now.
How many assassin's bullets are we from having the clown, Biden, mentioned in the first post from sitting in that chair. I am not hoping for that bullet and mainly other than not wanting to have a president assassinated because we would end up with Joe "FootinMouth" Biden take over.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Because she is incredibly smug and self-righteous and I'm a Republican saying this. She doomed herself. No one knew anything about Palin when she was first announced as the Republican Vice Presidential candidate. In fact, she had the opposite reaction initially speaking. She was a young, attractive conservative governor with a grass roots background and many Democrats feared her. However, she hurt herself when she spoke because she was negative, and wasn't humble with regard to her speech or demeanor. It was her smug and self-righteous attitude that made her a comic character. I know it's fashionable to label her a victim but she brought it on herself. Do I think that people have taken it too far and have embellished her flaws...yes I do but she doesn't handle her criticism well and falls prey to it and makes herself look worse when she attempts to defend herself.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Saul Alinsky has nothing to do with it. Palin's being a brain-dead bimbette maverick <winky><winky> from the outer reaches of the far right-wing periphery makes a much larger contribution to the situation.
I guess you don't know what Alinsky said about these things. Well I can guarantee you that Emanuel, Axelrod, Oba mao and the rest of the Chicago gang know just what he said and they really do think that by keeping the base happy with their chit they can eventually bury her.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup, and the Repubs started the joke by actually thinking this spineless, uneducated, ignorant, greedy attention W---e was VP material......now the righties are upset because she's the joke that keeps on giving......
Are you sure about all these adjectives you used to describe the lady? I wonder how spineless she really is. Uneducated? She has a diploma that says she graduated from college and I doubt the ignorant part because she has that diploma. Does her wanting to make some money with speeches and writing a book make her greedy? Why Oba mao had two books almost before he got out of college. In fact they are the only real bits of his past we know about because he has sealed up everything else.

Nope, you just took the lefty attack the messenger tack and ran with it.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think the jokes came out because it was so very painful to watch her interviews and listen to her speak. Can you imagine if she had to converse with heads of state and such on behalf of us? It brings a shudder to the soul, does it not? Perhaps when people watch someone else embarrassing herself on television, they are subconsciously putting themselves in the place of the person humiliating herself and feel the cringe that the person herself seems oblivious to and so distance themselves from the embarrassment by mocking and/or making jokes.
Do you mean that those thousands of people that came to hear her speak were all feeling sorry for her? Do you mean that that first speech after McCain called on her wasn't inspiring? I really thought that there were more people who felt sorry when a member of the left press tore into her than felt sorry for her as a human.

Queen I am not sure that you aren't just a typical attack dog of the left.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You hit the nail on the head. Problem is her loyal followers are too blind to see how unqualified the women really is, heck they want to run her out again in 2012, jeeez, the demos would LOVE that. I had no opinion of her until she started giving interviews and then along came the debate, that is all that was required for most of us to know she was no where near VP material.
Casper
she was no where near VP material.

And Biden was? I think that you are further left today than ever before, Casper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies