Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

They should at least vote Independent, or green party, or someone who represents their interests. The Repubs. are leading everyone to the slaughter, all voters need to think outside the box to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 12:07 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
They should at least vote Independent, or green party, or someone who represents their interests. The Repubs. are leading everyone to the slaughter, all voters need to think outside the box to survive.

The question really is how fast do we get to the slaughter, as the dems are fullspeed ahead,and the repubs are going at a slower pace to the slaughter. I have become more inline with either the Constitution party or in some ways the libertarian party. I agree a third or even fourth party choice would be better than the 2 current main parties!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK
You are correct. The US involvement in the Vietnam War was started by a Republican. Right?

Involvement yes.

Escalation into a war? A Democrat did that.

Correction.

U.S. involvement in Vietnam (Indochina) started under F.D.R......Democrat.....and was escalated into a war by a Democrat......L.B.J. (D-TX)

Old 03-31-2011, 05:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
They have been taught by their parents, what PRIDE is.
That is why they are Conservative.
They believe in their nation, not the New World Order.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:17 AM

9 posts, read 16,220 times
Wink took the words out of my mouth! thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think it is kind of neat that the Democrats support the poor while the Republicans support the rich. The problem is the people in the middle pay for both.
Thank you so much for posting this comment! This is the problem that no one seems to address; I am about as liberal as they come, but, I am not a democrat. I am an independent. I also am a member of the middle class- some would say upper middle to affluent middle class, but, middle class none the less. My life's work has been defending and fighting for the underpriveledged, and the oppressed, however, at the end of the day- no one is fighting for myself and my husband, nor is anyone representing us. The latest movement , the Occupy movement is the first that I can identify with as standing up for people like me, as it encompasses the whole 99% of us.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:03 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Why do poor christians vote Republican?

Because they're told that every election is about guns, God and gays.

And they do as they're told.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
An overwhelming proportion of those below poverty line consistently voted Republican, if you drive through parts of the south, (particularly West NC,Kentucky,etc.) die-hard old school Democrats have been replaced with Republican supporters who live in trailers. They vote on only 2 isssues that I can see; guns and abortion, none of them seem to work,so I guess the economy isn't relevant to them?
Not all poor people want to live off government handouts. Poor people living in trailers often work for a living and have too much pride to want food stamps and handouts.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Because they're told that every election is about guns, God and gays.

And they do as they're told.
They're also told that God will judge them for their actions (nothing new)and include "voting" as one of those actions. If that isn't spiritual intimidation, I don't know what is.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:50 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
The Republicans get the poor Christians on social issues. They play the racist, anti-abortion, anti-gay, and anti-woman card in the name of Jesus . To them, these are the people who are America's greatest enemy (Taliban, what's that?) Just go online and look up Sally Kern who keeps getting re-elected in Oklahoma. I only wish I was making this up.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:17 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Because they put their morals before a buck! There is no sin in being poor..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies