Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
How would anyone know you lived in a BDSM arrangement unless you made a public display of it?

Nobody is going to know what you do in the privacy of your own home.

What's the point of involving unsuspecting people and exposing them to all of your "noise" when it's really not necessary.

(By "noise" I mean someone's mannerisms in public, and displays of BDSM in public)

Well lets say there might be a bdsm "club" just as they have "gay" bars.
We have strip clubs why not bdsm clubs.. I am just saying I think sometimes public option might be a option. As long as your not having sex in public because we do have laws for that anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 01:07 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Just another creative outlet. Some people have elevated it to an art form, and there are other people who have no idea what they are doing. Much of it is more about the mind, and emotions, rather than body parts. I know what I react to when I see it, and I know what I don't like, too. Remember. The person tied up might be the one actually in charge.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I don't care what kind of lifestyle hetero or homosexuals lead, what their fetish is, etc. As long as it is occurring between consenting adults, have at it.
Agreed

Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Just another creative outlet. Some people have elevated it to an art form, and there are other people who have no idea what they are doing. Much of it is more about the mind, and emotions, rather than body parts. I know what I react to when I see it, and I know what I don't like, too. Remember. The person tied up might be the one actually in charge.
Maybe ... if you believe that is control and or the exchange of power.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
We have strip clubs why not bdsm clubs.. I am just saying I think sometimes public option might be a option. As long as your not having sex in public because we do have laws for that anyway.
There are BDSM clubs (houses) So what's your point?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
There are BDSM clubs.

http://www.darkheart.com/usalist.html

If you're into it, you can find it it's not difficult.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
How would anyone know you lived in a BDSM arrangement unless you made a public display of it?

Nobody is going to know what you do in the privacy of your own home.

What's the point of involving unsuspecting people and exposing them to all of your "noise" when it's really not necessary.

(By "noise" I mean someone's mannerisms in public, and displays of BDSM in public)
I have met some married people who's basic married lives were the definition of BDSM. Public arguments, one telling the other what to do, etc. Then there's those people honking at each other in traffic and generally being rude to each other. Etcetera, etcetera...

Sometimes life is one giant BDSM session.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
There are BDSM clubs (houses) So what's your point?

I know and many get "shutdown" due to public pressure.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
Quote:
there are bdsm clubs.

it's not my thing but as long as it's practiced by consenting adults, i have no problem with it.

comparing a fetish to a sexual orientation is inaccurate in any case.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
No problem as long as it's between consenting adults. I would have no reason to know and would have no reason to care if I knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies