Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Bill Caudle Joins Army to Insure Cancer-Stricken Wife

Quote:
Bill Caudle of Watertown was laid off in March from the plastics company where he'd worked for 20 years. Unable to find another job, Caudle -- on his 39th birthday -- enlisted in the U.S. Army to get the health insurance his wife needs to continue her battle against ovarian cancer.
I give this man serious credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 06:29 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
God Bless both of them. These are courageous, decent Americans with strong character, something that is severely lacking these days in our dysfunctional society.

I just hope the libs don't yank the military's benefits or make them start paying through the @ss for them.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
God Bless both of them. These are courageous, decent Americans with strong character, something that is severely lacking these days in our dysfunctional society.

I just hope the libs don't yank the military's benefits or make them start paying through the @ss for them.
u mean u hope the conservatives dont:?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:41 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I read about this about a day or two ago. I couldn't even finish the story without wanting to cry and without feeling seething anger.

Taxpayers still end up with the bill because the Army's health care is funded through taxpayer's money.

I give him serious credit for risking his life just to get insurance but it's so sad he has to risk his life just to get health insurance for his wife. How sick is that.

In so many other industrialized countries you don't see people putting their life at risk so they can get health insurance or health care for a family members.

Alanboy, if your purpose was to give love or credit to this guy, why did you put it in the politics thread?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
This is how bad our present health care system works in America. People are turned away from hospitals and medical centers because they can't pay. Denial of medical care is serious, which is why our politicans should get their butts in gear and pass some legislation with a public option. that's all I have to say.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I read about this about a day or two ago. I couldn't even finish the story without wanting to cry and without feeling seething anger.

Taxpayers still end up with the bill because the Army's health care is funded through taxpayer's money.

I give him serious credit for risking his life just to get insurance but it's so sad he has to risk his life just to get health insurance for his wife. How sick is that.

In so many other industrialized countries you don't see people putting their life at risk so they can get health insurance or health care for a family members.

Alanboy, if your purpose was to give love or credit to this guy, why did you put it in the politics thread?:think:
This is the most popular general forum on city-data and the name is "Politics and Other Controversies" meaning it doesn't all have to be about politics. I figured this story would unify the posters here for at least one thread but sadly i'm mistaken.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

Alanboy, if your purpose was to give love or credit to this guy, why did you put it in the politics thread?
Dear purple, it's the P&OC forum, not necessarily all Politics.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
This is the most popular general forum on city-data and the name is "Politics and Other Controversies" meaning it doesn't all have to be about politics. I figured this story would unify the posters here for at least one thread but sadly i'm mistaken.
Unify us how......?

I am on the fence. He's sacrificing his life so his wife can get health insurance. What kind of country do we live in where you have to sacrifice your life to get health insurance coverage for a family member?

It angers me that he even has to do that.

I would never want my parents or my girlfriend to put their life on the line just to get me health insurance. Ridiculous.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Posting about someones plight is not necessarily political by nature, there are some of us out here who think the subject which you've posted means something else, other than politics. You just press on, and don't give up. it's a thread of good subject matter.

People will do desperate things to try to save a life, which is what this new enlistee did, he has hope.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 PM

24 posts, read 14,027 times
I was wathcing Fox and they said the only people in need of health insurance are illegal mexicans and moochers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies