Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized?
Yes 104 89.66%
No 12 10.34%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 PM

24,492 posts, read 33,228,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What does ALCOHOL do to your liver?
Most likely nothing when it's consumed in moderation.
(I am a non-drinker.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I can accept the fact that many many people who ended up as drug addicts started with marijuana as long as those who make that argument can accept the fact that many pedophiles started by having sex with adults.
Two completely different subjects.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,703,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Obviously, I mean introducing it LEGALLY to society. It's stunning that someone can be so far from logic!

As I've said before, every time someone brings up alcohol when marijuana is the subject, I say why allow yet another problem into society? (Yes, I mean legally into society; I better say that so it's not misunderstood by some again.)
It's funny that YOU use the word "logic".

Marijuana is a nontoxic plant that does no damage when used in moderation.

A message to you people, once and for all: STAY OUT OF MY BODY.

Full disclosure: I use no recreational substances (legal or illegal) besides caffeine.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
It's funny that YOU use the word "logic".

Marijuana is a nontoxic plant that does no damage when used in moderation.

A message to you people, once and for all: STAY OUT OF MY BODY.

Full disclosure: I use no recreational substances (legal or illegal) besides caffeine.
And many people ended up as hardcore drug addicts who began by using that "nontoxic plant that does no damage when used in moderation."

I don't know why some people can't accept the fact that there are people (such as I) who oppose legalizing marijuana. Post all you want about it, I am not going to change my mind.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
And many people ended up as hardcore drug addicts who began by using that "nontoxic plant that does no damage when used in moderation."

I don't know why some people can't accept the fact that there are people (such as I) who oppose legalizing marijuana. Post all you want about it, I am not going to change my mind.
Many of those people used the toxic byproduct of the fermentation of grapes or corn. People like me can't accept people like you because we don't like fascists (yes, it's true...accept it) who think they have the right to tell others how to live their lives and what they can or can't do with their own bodies. Why? Because the bible told you so. Your kind is losing the battle and slowly dying out. Have fun.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 PM

37,047 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:

This sounds like a riff on the Domino theory that got us involved in Viet Nam.

It was way off base, too.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
I can accept it. I also accept that there are people who still believe the Earth is flat and that left-handedness is caused by mental illness.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can accept it. I also accept that there are people who still believe the Earth is flat and that left-handedness is caused by mental illness.
This is the same type of P.O.S. that would have tortured people who said the Earth was round, and would have tied their left-handed kid's left hand behind their back, with a beating every time they used it. Some people are absolutely hopeless, and unfortunately, they're still in charge despite illusory evidence to the contrary.

Organized monotheistic religion is a cancer on civilization.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I oppose legalization of marijuana because I think it would be a huge mistake to allow it (legally) into society and because it sets a very bad example for children... to legalize something which has harmed many people.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Many of those people used the toxic byproduct of the fermentation of grapes or corn. People like me can't accept people like you because we don't like fascists (yes, it's true...accept it) who think they have the right to tell others how to live their lives and what they can or can't do with their own bodies. Why? Because the bible told you so. Your kind is losing the battle and slowly dying out. Have fun.
Of course there are some people who can't accept the views and morals of others. The above post is a great example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies