U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 PM

74,702 posts, read 34,863,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What part of book came out in 90's i heard about the book, after your post went BACK and re-read the reviews from today and NOTHING has changed did you not comprehend?
Seems you left out your COMMENT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I heard about his book in the 90's. Its one of those books that would make any Right Winger proud. Using the term "anoited" when speaking of liberals in the 90's, is the same term that is used today when speaking of this President. Nothing new then and definately nothing New TODAY.
Quote:
Well have you? Have you made any generalizations on C-D concerning minorities before speaking to each and every minority?
What does that have to do with referring you to a book that has the factual data to support Sowell's position in the video?!? You're off on some sort of bizarre tangent. Why is that?

Quote:
Not only do i remember, but i helped you out by pasting all of the back and forth posts.
Odd how you can post your response word for word, but still not see the comment you made about a book you haven't read.

Quote:
You insists on Twisting in an attempt to make a point. Well continue. All of the posts are right there. Typical your one of those right wingers that try to spin EVERYTHING no matter not mad at ya,...there are some left wingers known to do the same, but in this case, your alone in this one.
What spin? I referred you to a book that includes the facts and data to support Sowell's position in the video. You refuse to read it. You don't want to know the facts.
Sadly, you're not alone in that.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-20-2010, 11:49 PM

211 posts, read 772,488 times
White liberals are condescending towards the underclass, and specifically the colored folk, because they can. As long as the negros continue to play the victim in life, don't expect this to change anytime soon.

What a better way to keep people in their place by keeping them on the dole, subsistent and subservient on you.

Besides, look at obongo. Instead of leading, he's forever looking in the back mirror at republicans, caring what they have to say. Small wonder then that he lost the 60th vote the other day.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:30 AM

9,467 posts, read 6,075,496 times
What often gets lost in the debate is that there are more "white" people living in poverty in this country than any of the various "minority" groups. That's a fact.

This is why the media and liberals like to use percentages, instead of actual numbers.

I would contend that it is a class issue rather than a race issue .. but that's not dramatic and news worthy. Ho cares if white children go to bed hungry?

Our structure and priorities are all fouled up ... that's the problem. We don't want to pay a livable wage for menial labor, but are all too happy to pay a football player 100 Million ... more money than he could ever possibly spend.

We don't want to pay teachers ...we don't want to pay farmers .. laborers ... service workers ...

It's winner take all, to hell with all the rest.

The issue is about creating racial tensions to keep us occupied, so that we don't notice just how much we are all slaves to the system ... albeit to varying degrees.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 AM

3,277 posts, read 4,799,742 times
Why are you so good at strawmen?

Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 AM

15,720 posts, read 21,270,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Why do white liberals all suffer from the bigotry of low expectations? Why do they feel minorities are too inferior to achieve on their own and can only do it through the benevolent handouts of white liberal social programs which incentivize failure in order to keep qualifying for their handouts?
Same people that agree with you
are the same people that would be calling Ralph Gilles a drug dealer if they see him driving by on Dodge Viper

Last edited by Dopo; 01-21-2010 at 01:21 AM..

Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,433,735 times
Quote:
Why do white liberals all suffer from the bigotry of low expectations? Why do they feel minorities are too inferior to achieve on their own and can only do it through the benevolent handouts of white liberal social programs which incentivize failure in order to keep qualifying for their handouts?

Why do white liberals want to keep minorities in their place?

Also, why do white liberals further dehumanize minorities by using them as human shields and props to block criticism from other white people by labeling attacks on white liberal ideology as a racist assault on minorities?

Please discuss....
Bush nailed it in 2000 when he spoke of the soft bigotry of low expectations. He was speaking of public schools failing minorities. But it applies to many other interactions between liberals and minorities.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:50 AM

23,864 posts, read 14,278,568 times
Quote:

Also, why do white liberals further dehumanize minorities by using them as human shields and props to block criticism from other white people by labeling attacks on white liberal ideology as a racist assault on minorities?

Please discuss....
You hit the nail on the head- they want to keep them in thier place. Liberals are arrogant and do not respect the views of others, nor do they feel as though "commoners" should share thier table. Thier outward veiled appearance of compassion to thier fellow man is really the vile shackles of servitude, clamped on by the "superior" masters.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:54 PM

13,840 posts, read 12,057,985 times
Quote:
Why do white liberals patronize minorities & not hold them to the same standards they hold themselves to?
Because, number one, they are hypocrites, and, number two, they have a control issue (they are power freaks). They will control anyone they feel they can control, especially when it is as easy as patronizing and lying.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:33 AM

56,217 posts, read 30,460,329 times
Quote:
Considering my upper middle class status, the failure tag you bestowed on me doesn't stick here.

Also, I AM A MINORITY.

Lastly, thanks for indirectly proving my point. You have no reason, facts, logic on your side so you don't even bother to argue from that angle. Instead you stereotype me and call me names.

Quit blaming successful people with a grasp on economics and history on your ideology's failures. This is typical Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews' 60's student radical logic/stereotypes
You're a minority, huh? Which one?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:43 AM
AFP

7,334 posts, read 5,141,822 times
Quote:

Please discuss....
You have demonstrated clearly that you believe this to be true. Now could you post the data you selectively sorted through that you think substantiates this delusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.