U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 01:31 PM

99 posts, read 152,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I'm a minority and I totally agree. however, i didn't learn this about them until college history and poli sci courses.

This is essentially what the Democrats do. They pick an underrepresented minority, exploit their important issues, get elected, and then largely ignore them. hence why many black men are in jail, or not graduating from high school or still living in poverty. And for those who disagree, open a book. It's textbook Democratic Party behavior since the 1800s.

It was Eastern Europeans, then Blacks, then Latinos and now it's sort of gays, but they're waiting on that one for whatever reason.

Sadly, because of the issues that Democrats typically support, such as social programs and things that benefit everyone but especially minorities, I would typically vote for them. We'll see. I just turned 21, and Obama was my first election. I may switch parties from all of my weird political stances now haha!

It sucks that they do that, but I guess its the lesser of two evils.

It is refreshing to see another fellow minority who has freed themselves from the mental chains of white liberals
Rate this post positively

Old 10-21-2009, 01:31 PM

61,306 posts, read 79,527,797 times
white guilt? not to worry its over manufactured and over marketed. its will go the way of the slinky soon.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:34 PM

99 posts, read 152,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
white guilt? not to worry its over manufactured and over marketed. its will go the way of the slinky soon.

True. They're flooding the market with it too much and driving the value down. It's like the fed printing money and driving its value down.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:37 PM

6,898 posts, read 6,898,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
There is a real big difference between telling someone something as opposed to keeping them pinned down. The Democrats and Liberals have one foot on the poor and minorities heads to keep them from ever climbing the ladder.

Not only am I a minority but i'm also a liberal. Your above post is the same ascenine pitiful and baseless excuse that many minorities use for NOT "getting ahead".

Old 10-21-2009, 01:37 PM

7,728 posts, read 11,416,801 times
Is this a new minority group?
Quote:
I am an upper middle class 1st generation orthodox christian immigrant from the USSR living in the most liberal city in America and the Democratic party will NEVER have my vote.
BS

Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 PM

12,481 posts, read 9,346,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Considering my upper middle class status, the failure tag you bestowed on me doesn't stick here.

Also, I AM A MINORITY.

Lastly, thanks for indirectly proving my point. You have no reason, facts, logic on your side so you don't even bother to argue from that angle. Instead you stereotype me and call me names.

Quit blaming successful people with a grasp on economics and history on your ideology's failures. This is typical Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews' 60's student radical logic/stereotypes

Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Seriously move out of the basement and get a job...quit blaming your personal failures on liberals, minorities, and anybody else that crosses your path...this is typical limbaugh - hannity 80's logic/stereotypes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Considering my upper middle class status, the failure tag you bestowed on me doesn't stick here.

Also, I AM A MINORITY.

Lastly, thanks for indirectly proving my point. You have no reason, facts, logic on your side so you don't even bother to argue from that angle. Instead you stereotype me and call me names.

Quit blaming successful people with a grasp on economics and history on your ideology's failures. This is typical Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews' 60's student radical logic/stereotypes

Can you provide an explaination on how Zippy response indirectly proved your point...There must have been something subliminal in the post that i missed.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Because minorities and the poor are tools for the democrats to get elected. They want them to be kept down so they have something to point to why they need to be elected. Then use those same "victims" to get votes.

Why is this always the excuse given especially since the past election? What is the reasoning behing those who are registered republicans as well as those liberals that are not poor or a minority that also vote for Democrats?

I also take it that minorities and these poor people that your refering too, if they vote for a republican or independent, they are no longer considered a tool?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM

840 posts, read 2,123,706 times

YouTube - Affirmative Action Debate: Tim Wise (3 of 14)

Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM

9,965 posts, read 15,591,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
What kind of Minority are you?

John Stockton is the whitest star in the history of the NBA, so it's strange that you'd name yourself John Stockton if you're not a white person...
John Stockton was also the dirtiest player in the NBA ever..the guy set illegal screens all game--and he got always got away with it!

A little off topic, yes--but I've been seeing John Stockton's name so much on City-Data in the last day and had to express my feelings. Oh wait, maybe it is because I'm a white liberal that I feel this way about John Stockton(the ballplayer, not the poster)---perhaps I'm holding him to different standards because he's white..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.