U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:14 PM

429 posts, read 1,039,275 times

Advertisements

I must admit, I am curious as to why you have two threads about roughly the same white liberal injustices on the front page of this forum. Maybe you had a realization recently and came here to discuss it with other people?

Just seems like a burst of passion. I'm not faulting you for it, but then again I guess I'm not used to this area of City Data forums.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-21-2009, 02:15 PM

6,898 posts, read 6,908,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
I won't be an enabler of your laziness. If you want that question answered, read through this thread.

Thanks.

John, i've read through your post, even asked a few questions that you've chosen to ignore. Why?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Instead of tackling these issues and having an honest exchange, they come in here and start calling anyone bringing these points up as racists and Rush Limbaugh's minions.

Disgusting.
Can you point to the post within this thread that called anyone a racists or minions? Again, there has got to be some subliminal messages that i'm missing.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 PM

25,163 posts, read 50,218,605 times
There is truth to both statements. Some people can't get hired right away. Let's not be ignorant.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:26 PM

74,856 posts, read 34,994,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
John,
I watched the video, this is an OPINION and not FACT...Maybe you've missed that explaination during English class.
Read Sowell's book - it has the facts, statistics, and data to back up Sowell's position on this...
Amazon.com: The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy

Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read Sowell's book - it has the facts, statistics, and data to back up Sowell's position on this...
Amazon.com: The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy

I heard about his book in the 90's. Its one of those books that would make any Right Winger proud. Using the term "anoited" when speaking of liberals in the 90's, is the same term that is used today when speaking of this President. Nothing new then and definately nothing New TODAY.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 PM

19,857 posts, read 16,667,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
Okay. I'll be more elaborate. Eastern Europeans were in fact non-whites until about the 1950s, and yes, they were exploited by the Democrats in the Northeastern states until a few decades ago. in the 1800s, Democrats that were part of political machines would go to Ellis Island and other ports where immigrants got off the boats and would say "we'll send you to this area, where there are others like you and give you some assistance in _____, so long as you vote for us" and these uneducated groups of minorities did just that. Once in power, Democrats did provide some assistance, as they still do now, but like the 1800s, these programs don't always do much good. In fact, many of the programs never succeed in eradicating these groups from poverty.

Then enter the Party switch of the 1950s and 60s, when Southern Democrats began to resent the NE Democrats and started to turn their blue states red. During this time, many of the minority groups turned to left the Republican Party and turned to the Democratic Party, because yes, the Civil Rights Bill and everything else. Which was pushed largely by LBJ, who I believe wanted it passed to end the War on Poverty. Not the war on Civil Rights.

And why wouldn't they? I doubt they really cared if Alabama and South Carolina and Tennesse were red or blue, but they were not gonna support whatever party dominated the state they resided in when those parties supported discrimination. All the other issues were pretty much irrelevant.

So yes, in the 1800s with Eastern Europeans, and the 1950/60s with Blacks and then the late 1990s with Latinos and now sort of with gays, Democrats do in fact exploit minority groups without really helping them in the long term, despite promising to do so.

I'm not happy that they do that, but that's in fact what they have done for a long ass time. And I doubt they're gonna stop, because it works.
Well if you looked over the past few decades and our economic policy, during the mid and late 90's is where our economic policy focused the most on the working and middle class. Poverty rates and crime rates dropped dramatically, with the biggest drops in the inner-cities. Fast foward a few years or go back into the 80's when these things went up, as our economic policy focused mostly on the very wealthy.

As far as the issues of Latinos and Gays, Latinos in part fit in the same realm with African Americans as it involves economic policy (as poverty rates of Latinos declined sharply in the 90's as well) and you also have the immigration issue. With Gays, who are the ones that have been out front in Gay Rights issues, whether it was discrimination in the work place, hate crime legislation, Civil Unions, and now Gay Marriage, graned not all of that is on the Democratic Platform, though most are and others seem to be moving in that direction. Its pretty easy to see who has been up front on these issues and which side is trying to do everything in their power to block it, including Amending the Constitution of all things.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:42 PM

19,857 posts, read 16,667,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I must admit, I am curious as to why you have two threads about roughly the same white liberal injustices on the front page of this forum. Maybe you had a realization recently and came here to discuss it with other people?

Just seems like a burst of passion. I'm not faulting you for it, but then again I guess I'm not used to this area of City Data forums.

Look at the way he started this thread. Its obvious he is just looking to yell, scream and name call rather than have any type of constructive debate.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM

99 posts, read 152,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I've just had my laugh for the day. Please name ONE STATE where this is practiced, just name one. Name one and I will get back to you after I've called them to verify. That was good.

I agree portions of ACORN are parasites that have fed off of the backs of LOW INCOME FAMILIES, but there are other area's of ACORN that has helped the LOW INCOME and NOT ONLY MINORITIES, but to make a one sided comment on those organizations and or corporations that have made millions off of the struggles of the low income is a bit disingenious.

All 50 states. Please familiarize yourself with welfare and what it entails before sounding foolish by laughing at facts

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM

840 posts, read 2,125,578 times
Quote:
Tim Wise, along with Michael Eric Dyson, is one of the greatest examples of how people actually confuse higher than average communication skills with actual intelligence.

Don't ever again polute my thread with garbage like this from a race hustler.

Thanks in advance
SAYS THE GUY WHO POSTED A Thomas Sowell VIDEO. A GUY WHO IS KNOWN WITHIN THE CORNELL FAMILY FOR HAVING TURNED IN A PLAGIARIZED SENIOR THESIS. LOL CLOWN!

NICE TRY CHAMP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.