U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM

6,898 posts, read 6,898,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
No state requires the father to move out or be absent to recieve welfare. The reason some people have the father move out or appear to move out is so that his income don't count against them. If he makes more then the income guidlines, then no they can't recieve it, so if he supposedly moves out, then they qualify, but, if the father don't have income or is low income, it can and many times will increase the amount they get.

Further more, when the mother files for welfare, she has to press child support charges against the father if he is indeed working. Portions of the child support is then refunded back to the agency for the AFDC, Foodstamps and Medicaid that the children are recieving.
If the childsupport amount is more than amount of AFDC that the mother receives, she will then ONLY get the Child Support from the father, but still will be eligible for the foodstamps and medicaid. But shhh don't tell John..
Rate this post positively

Old 10-21-2009, 03:13 PM

23,088 posts, read 15,075,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I've just had my laugh for the day. Please name ONE STATE where this is practiced, just name one. Name one and I will get back to you after I've called them to verify. That was good.

I agree portions of ACORN are parasites that have fed off of the backs of LOW INCOME FAMILIES, but there are other area's of ACORN that has helped the LOW INCOME and NOT ONLY MINORITIES, but to make a one sided comment on those organizations and or corporations that have made millions off of the struggles of the low income is a bit disingenious.
WTH, do you think states have that in their law---the father of the house must move out so you can receive welfare??? LOL

No, they just make it impossible for him to stay when he has no job and no income coming in from him. I say a father in the home not working is better than no father in the home at all.

Of course, he needs to get a job but where are the jobs to be found now?

Are you saying the leaders of ACORN are not millionaires? So where did their money come from?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:17 PM

10,478 posts, read 14,403,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
I also have this requirement that the people I debate with at least have an elementary grasp on the english language and spelling
As many other posters on this forum like to say, if you have to resort to pointing out spelling or grammatical mistakes, you've lost the argument.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:19 PM

6,898 posts, read 6,898,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WTH, do you think states have that in their law---the father of the house must move out so you can receive welfare??? LOL

No, they just make it impossible for him to stay when he has no job and no income coming in from him. I say a father in the home not working is better than no father in the home at all.

Of course, he needs to get a job but where are the jobs to be found now?

Are you saying the leaders of ACORN are not millionaires? So where did their money come from?

Yes, thats EXACTLY what i'm saying. What state have a guide line that clearly states that the father has to move out of the home? It should be difficult to obtain welfare, the government makes it too easy for BOTH women and men to take advantage of the system. If the man is in the home without a job it is NOT difficult for the family to recieve welfare, but after a certain time, someone has to get employment.

Even if the father moves out of the home and if he is employed, you BETTER believe, he will be paying the government back. Many have the perception that women sit around and collect a check while tax payers support them, ask all the men of these women who are on welfare, how much child support do they pay. You will be astonished by the response.

Show me in my post where I indicated they WERE or WERE NOT. I asked, can you say the same for the other organizations as well as corporations that have gotten rich off of the low income and minorities.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:21 PM

99 posts, read 152,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
As many other posters on this forum like to say, if you have to resort to pointing out spelling or grammatical mistakes, you've lost the argument.

Two can play that game.

As many other posters on this forum think a liberal point of view is anti-American, you're anti-American. Since according to your logic a concensus between a number of forum posters = reality.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:22 PM

2,993 posts, read 5,634,512 times
Quote:
Why do white liberals...feel minorities ...can only do it through the benevolent handouts of white liberal social programs which incentivize failure in order to keep qualifying for their handouts?
What and give up the eradication of guilt and the changes to have authority?

Quote:
Why do white liberals want to keep minorities in their place?
You do not throw out the golden goose.

Quote:
Also, why do white liberals further dehumanize minorities by using them as human shields and props to block criticism from other white people by labeling attacks on white liberal ideology as a racist assault on minorities?
What, and handle all the dirty work? S.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:22 PM

5,352 posts, read 6,498,992 times
Quote:
I also have this requirement that the people I debate with at least have an elementary grasp on the english language and spelling
English is a proper noun, and as such, should be capitalized. Also, sentences should end with a period.

EDIT: and now I notice "concensus" in another post. Indeed, an elementary grasp of spelling. None of irony.

Last edited by robbobobbo; 10-21-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM

840 posts, read 2,123,706 times
Quote:
The life raft argument-- the imbecile will soon drown in his own stupidity.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Two can play that game.

As many other posters on this forum think a liberal point of view is anti-American, you're anti-American. Since according to your logic a concensus between a number of forum posters = reality.
Hmmm, well I'm trying to make sense of your post but it's just not happening. Try again.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
English language,...YOU John Stockton that can not distinguish the difference between FACT and Opinion. Instead of having a actual discussion as well as backing up your claim, you resort to personal attacks. I'm sure the moderator will be deleting these posts anytime now so I will go ahead and state what others are most likely thinking,

You have the inteligence level of a 5 year old and really should attend some remedial classes.
LOL, don't worry. It's hard to take a Dawson idolizer seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.