Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 PM

88,614 posts, read 44,334,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Sowell is great!
His book, Vision of the Anointed, explores further why liberals patronize minorities...
Amazon.com: The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy

Old 10-21-2009, 12:56 PM

99 posts, read 163,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sowell is great!
His book, Vision of the Anointed, explores further why liberals patronize minorities...
Amazon.com: The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy

And of course none of these hate-filled, rabid liberals will even attempt to come in here and argue against any of the points in that video. Instead they'll come in and post some variation of ''you're a nazi....Faux news zombie....Rush Limbaugh follower"

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,518,604 times
Quote:
Why do white liberals all suffer from the bigotry of low expectations? Why do they feel minorities are too inferior to achieve on their own and can only do it through the benevolent handouts of white liberal social programs which incentivize failure in order to keep qualifying for their handouts?

Why do white liberals want to keep minorities in their place?

Also, why do white liberals further dehumanize minorities by using them as human shields and props to block criticism from other white people by labeling attacks on white liberal ideology as a racist assault on minorities?

Please discuss....
Since when are social programs designed solely for the purpose of minorities? Are you telling me no white people have benefitted from those programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Because minorities and the poor are tools for the democrats to get elected. They want them to be kept down so they have something to point to why they need to be elected. Then use those same "victims" to get votes.
And scaring people by telling them the gov. is going to take away your guns, your religion & that "family values" are a thing of the past & morality in this country is decaying at a rapid rate is not used by republicans to buy votes?

Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,518,604 times
Quote:
And of course none of these hate-filled, rabid liberals
This is just ironic.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:00 PM

99 posts, read 163,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because that brand of thinking only serves to place the white liberal in a position of superiority. And when you feel superior there has to be a group that you are superior over. If you keep them dependent on you then you'll always have a lap dog.

It's the condescension of liberals toward "so-called minorities" combined with their own feelings of superiority for being the self righteous savior, meanwhile they conceal their true motives by wearing the mask of being so benevolent, progressive and understanding toward "so-called minorities" that it actually chokes and stifles a "so-called minority" group from developing and instead that "so-called hand out or help" keeps them dependent and cripples them.

(Using the word "minority" is way of placing a group or a person in a weaker position with regard to their status or self worth. It takes the power of that person away by labeling them as being less than - minority being understood as being beneath the "majority".)

You're absolutely right, and here is my theory as to why they want to keep minorities in their place and dependent on them:

If black people or latinos were empowered and gained the same economic clout as these white liberal elitist superiors, these liberal elitists know that these people do not share the same values as them. Majority of blacks and latinos are devout christians and traditionalist. These northeast/westcoast latte sipping limousine liberals, with their rabid hate of christianity wouldn't want people that don't share their world view to be empowered. I mean, they can barely fight the white conservatives off, just imagine how hard it would be for them to have to deal with empowered blacks and latinos as well.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,367,290 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right, and here is my theory as to why they want to keep minorities in their place and dependent on them:

If black people or latinos were empowered and gained the same economic clout as these white liberal elitist superiors, these liberal elitists know that these people do not share the same values as them. Majority of blacks and latinos are devout christians and traditionalist. These northeast/westcoast latte sipping limousine liberals, with their rabid hate of christianity wouldn't want people that don't share their world view to be empowered. I mean, they can barely fight the white conservatives off, just imagine how hard it would be for them to have to deal with empowered blacks and latinos as well.
It also follows that democratic politicians who pander to "so called minorities" for votes by offering these hand outs will be difficult to defeat because they are constantly reelected to office as the incumbent. Why would they vote for a politician who is for reforming the system, when the status quo keeps them dependent.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:22 PM

22,121 posts, read 19,336,517 times
Quote:
I stated facts that are supported by cold hard evidence and stats, many of which are touched on in the video I posted.

Yet, I have yet to hear any counter arguments grounded in stats or real life. Instead I have gotten the generic name calling from your types.

Your inability to refute facts proves me right.

You didn't present any facts you presents opinion. And you started your first post off with name calling....

Old 10-21-2009, 01:22 PM
obo

916 posts, read 982,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Since when are social programs designed solely for the purpose of minorities? Are you telling me no white people have benefitted from those programs?

And scaring people by telling them the gov. is going to take away your guns, your religion & that "family values" are a thing of the past & morality in this country is decaying at a rapid rate is not used by republicans to buy votes?
There is a real big difference between telling someone something as opposed to keeping them pinned down. The Democrats and Liberals have one foot on the poor and minorities heads to keep them from ever climbing the ladder.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 PM

429 posts, read 1,113,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Because minorities and the poor are tools for the democrats to get elected. They want them to be kept down so they have something to point to why they need to be elected. Then use those same "victims" to get votes.
I'm a minority and I totally agree. however, i didn't learn this about them until college history and poli sci courses.

This is essentially what the Democrats do. They pick an underrepresented minority, exploit their important issues, get elected, and then largely ignore them. hence why many black men are in jail, or not graduating from high school or still living in poverty. And for those who disagree, open a book. It's textbook Democratic Party behavior since the 1800s.

It was Eastern Europeans, then Blacks, then Latinos and now it's sort of gays, but they're waiting on that one for whatever reason.

I just turned 21, and Obama was my first election. I may switch parties from all of my weird political stances now haha!

It sucks that they do that, but I guess its the lesser of two evils.

Quote:
If black people or latinos were empowered and gained the same economic clout as these white liberal elitist superiors, these liberal elitists know that these people do not share the same values as them. Majority of blacks and latinos are devout christians and traditionalist.
thank you for not being blind. The vast majority of blacks and latinos are deeply religious and conservative, and believe in strict family values. Along the same lines as the majority of the GOP. However, Democrats "cater" to these groups, so these minority groups largely ignore aspects of a Democratic candidate to benefit from the programs the Democrats whip out for them. Most of which are mediocre and don't really help them in the long run.

I supported Democrats for the longest time because of these sort of programs they offer, but once you learn these things, you really have to reevaluate your stance on several positions.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:30 PM

22,121 posts, read 19,336,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I'm a minority and I totally agree. however, i didn't learn this about them until college history and poli sci courses.

This is essentially what the Democrats do. They pick an underrepresented minority, exploit their important issues, get elected, and then largely ignore them. hence why many black men are in jail, or not graduating from high school or still living in poverty. And for those who disagree, open a book. It's textbook Democratic Party behavior since the 1800s.

It was Eastern Europeans, then Blacks, then Latinos and now it's sort of gays, but they're waiting on that one for whatever reason.

Sadly, because of the issues that Democrats typically support, such as social programs and things that benefit everyone but especially minorities, I would typically vote for them. We'll see. I just turned 21, and Obama was my first election. I may switch parties from all of my weird political stances now haha!

It sucks that they do that, but I guess its the lesser of two evils.

Considering minorities tended to vote heavily Republican till FDR, and didn't become staunchly Democratic till the Civil Rights Movement that doesn't exactly hold water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies