Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
I stated facts that are supported by cold hard evidence and stats, many of which are touched on in the video I posted.

Yet, I have yet to hear any counter arguments grounded in stats or real life. Instead I have gotten the generic name calling from your types.

Your inability to refute facts proves me right.

John,
I watched the video, this is an OPINION and not FACT...Maybe you've missed that explaination during English class.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:56 PM

99 posts, read 163,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
What kind of Minority are you?

John Stockton is the whitest star in the history of the NBA, so it's strange that you'd name yourself John Stockton if you're not a white person...

I am sorry to break it to you, but I am in fact not really John Stockton, the 10 time NBA all-star.

Also, thanks for notifying me of the unwritten rule that one can only pick a screenname of a celebrity that is the same ethnicity as you.

Sorry if I stepped on your PC toes kind sir

Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 PM

429 posts, read 1,116,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Considering minorities tended to vote heavily Republican till FDR, and didn't become staunchly Democratic till the Civil Rights Movement that doesn't exactly hold water.
Okay. I'll be more elaborate. Eastern Europeans were in fact non-whites until about the 1950s, and yes, they were exploited by the Democrats in the Northeastern states until a few decades ago. in the 1800s, Democrats that were part of political machines would go to Ellis Island and other ports where immigrants got off the boats and would say "we'll send you to this area, where there are others like you and give you some assistance in _____, so long as you vote for us" and these uneducated groups of minorities did just that. Once in power, Democrats did provide some assistance, as they still do now, but like the 1800s, these programs don't always do much good. In fact, many of the programs never succeed in eradicating these groups from poverty.

Then enter the Party switch of the 1950s and 60s, when Southern Democrats began to resent the NE Democrats and started to turn their blue states red. During this time, many of the minority groups turned to left the Republican Party and turned to the Democratic Party, because yes, the Civil Rights Bill and everything else. Which was pushed largely by LBJ, who I believe wanted it passed to end the War on Poverty. Not the war on Civil Rights.

And why wouldn't they? I doubt they really cared if Alabama and South Carolina and Tennesse were red or blue, but they were not gonna support whatever party dominated the state they resided in when those parties supported discrimination. All the other issues were pretty much irrelevant.

So yes, in the 1800s with Eastern Europeans, and the 1950/60s with Blacks and then the late 1990s with Latinos and now sort of with gays, Democrats do in fact exploit minority groups without really helping them in the long term, despite promising to do so.

I'm not happy that they do that, but that's in fact what they have done for a long ass time. And I doubt they're gonna stop, because it works.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post

Tim Wise, along with Michael Eric Dyson, is one of the greatest examples of how people actually confuse higher than average communication skills with actual intelligence.

Don't ever again polute my thread with garbage like this from a race hustler.

Thanks in advance

Old 10-21-2009, 01:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post
Why do white liberals want to keep minorities in their place?
Explain what you mean by this.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
The man of the house has to move out for his family to receive welfare. Those programs break up families and keeps them down. They reward bad behavior and make people leave the family. Then they are surprised when what they taught people becomes a way of life for them.

Just look how old Thomas Sowell is and how his message has been neglected throughout the years. Has the problem been corrected? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The problems are only getting worse which Sowell predicted.

Look at the people who insist on keeping these programs going and what power/money they are deriving from it. Look at how the leaders of ACORN became millionaires from poor people's misery.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Explain what you mean by this.

I won't be an enabler of your laziness. If you want that question answered, read through this thread.

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The man of the house has to move out for his family to receive welfare. Those programs break up families and keeps them down. They reward bad behavior and make people leave the family. Then they are surprised when what they taught people becomes a way of life for them.

Just look how old Thomas Sowell is and how his message has been neglected throughout the years. Has the problem been corrected? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The problems are only getting worse which Sowell predicted.

Look at the people who insist on keeping these programs going and what power/money they are deriving from it. Look at how the leaders of ACORN became millionaires from poor people's misery.

Instead of tackling these issues and having an honest exchange, they come in here and start calling anyone bringing these points up as racists and Rush Limbaugh's minions.

Disgusting.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Maybe Alonzo Rachel can explain it to you better.

YouTube - AlfonZo Rachel presents: ZoNation from PJTV.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG88Rjws5pk&NR=1

Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

I've just had my laugh for the day. Please name ONE STATE where this is practiced, just name one. Name one and I will get back to you after I've called them to verify. That was good.

I agree portions of ACORN are parasites that have fed off of the backs of LOW INCOME FAMILIES, but there are other area's of ACORN that has helped the LOW INCOME and NOT ONLY MINORITIES, but to make a one sided comment on those organizations and or corporations that have made millions off of the struggles of the low income is a bit disingenious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies