Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:43 AM

22,155 posts, read 19,397,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The old cop out, "I never said EVERY THREAT, I said its more than just policy".. Meaning racism..

Wrong on the premace about the polls.. This would be like saying that Adolph Hitler was more popular among his people thereby no one wanted to kill him. (major exageration, absolutely, but maybe you'll get the point).

Where did I say it was "strictly about policy"? I said very clearly that policy is most likely a predominant factor.

Point about the polls being the anger those on the right have towards Obama regarding policy is similar to the levels of anger those on the left had towards Bush over policy. Race is a major contributing factor on why Obama has had so many more threats than Bush did. If it was mostly about policy the amount of threats would likely be similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:52 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,074,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Point about the polls being the anger those on the right have towards Obama regarding policy is similar to the levels of anger those on the left had towards Bush over policy. Race is a major contributing factor on why Obama has had so many more threats than Bush did. If it was mostly about policy the amount of threats would likely be similar.

The left wingers can say it's all about race all they want but it is all about hussein obama the con man and the gutter types he has put in the white house. There are no statistics of who these so called threats are coming from. It could be for many reasons and from many different sources. Some could be from someone that is also black who wants to start a race war. Some could be from the left wanting to play their race cards. Some could be the issue of his color. Personally I wouldn't put it past hussein obama to inflate the numbers of threats he is getting.

By the way hussein obama is a cousin to both Bush and Cheney.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The left wingers can say it's all about race all they want but it is all about hussein obama the con man and the gutter types he has put in the white house. There are no statistics of who these so called threats are coming from. It could be for many reasons and from many different sources. Some could be from someone that is also black who wants to start a race war. Some could be from the left wanting to play their race cards. Some could be the issue of his color. Personally I wouldn't put it past hussein obama to inflate the numbers of threats he is getting.

By the way hussein obama is a cousin to both Bush and Cheney.
I found one news story about an islamic factor putting death threats out against Obama, again, due to his policies with Islam. As you stated, the left can pretend its all about race, but there are people all over the spectrum, left included, just as pissed off about Obama. Hell, I wouldnt put it passed the left to call and make a threat just so they can repeat that they heard there was a threat. Its how they operate.. when you cant dispute the news, make your own...

Old 10-22-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I found one news story about an islamic factor putting death threats out against Obama, again, due to his policies with Islam. As you stated, the left can pretend its all about race, but there are people all over the spectrum, left included, just as pissed off about Obama. Hell, I wouldnt put it passed the left to call and make a threat just so they can repeat that they heard there was a threat. Its how they operate.. when you cant dispute the news, make your own...

Exactly! Then we always have the usual nuts that just want to make a name for themselves as the man that killed a president. I suspect that hussein obama and his thugs are playing with the numbers though. Personally I could care less because he has far more security than any president before him.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:16 AM

22,155 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Exactly! Then we always have the usual nuts that just want to make a name for themselves as the man that killed a president. I suspect that hussein obama and his thugs are playing with the numbers though. Personally I could care less because he has far more security than any president before him.

It is so utterly disgusting and sickening that you would sink to a level so low and suggest these things are just made up.

Fact of the matter is anyone who makes a threat against the President regardless of their own or the President's political affiliation is a sick, twisted individual who is complete and utter trash. This goes for those on the left who threatened Bush, those on the right who threatened Obama, and those from any political spectrum that threatened either of them or any other President for that matter.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:37 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,574,426 times
Quote:
It is the racist that always see race.
Very true.

Quote:
We all know the left wingers AWAYS see race and use race as a weapon.
Yes, against the racists.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,295,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Are up 400% over threats to Bush's life. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts950 - broken link) I guarantee that these increased threats are all related to racism.

Bush had a lot of enemies on the left and the right as well, but his life was not in nearly as much danger as Obama's because his skin was/is white.

Anyone who denies that race plays a role in his increased danger is clearly delusional. The White Power Movement has seen an major increase in activity and recruitment since the Internet took hold on society, so it's only natural that some of them are becoming more bold and extreme.

As he was running, I feared for his safety, now I fear even more. I am actually surprised we've not had a legitimate threat to his life yet, which is a scary notion indeed.
I say so what. This will always be a diverse society and there will always be those who dislike people who are not like them whether it's a religious, ethnic or racial difference.

There will always be people who threaten violence against those with differing opinions. Just ask Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz or, as you mentioned, George Bush. Very few of these threats result in actual violence. As far as the President of the United States of America is concerned, rest easy my friend. There is a better chance of putting a camel through the eye of a needle than there is of perpetrating any violence against President Obama.

- Reel

Old 10-22-2009, 05:17 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,574,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I say so what.
Of course you do.

Quote:
This will always be a diverse society and there will always be those who dislike people who are not like them whether it's a religious, ethnic or racial difference.

There will always be people who threaten violence against those with differing opinions. Just ask Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz or, as you mentioned, George Bush. Very few of these threats result in actual violence. As far as the President of the United States of America is concerned, rest easy my friend. There is a better chance of putting a camel through the eye of a needle than there is of perpetrating any violence against President Obama.

- Reel
Interesting that the president who sank the economy and started (then mismanaged) two wars gets only 25% of the death treats than the president trying to clean up the mess.

Conclusion: one side is MUCH more hateful and angry than the other and much quicker to threaten supreme violence over lesser issues.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Of course you do.

Interesting that the president who sank the economy and started (then mismanaged) two wars gets only 25% of the death treats than the president trying to clean up the mess.

Conclusion: one side is MUCH more hateful and angry than the other and much quicker to threaten supreme violence over lesser issues.

We always see the real violence from the left that use bombs like some of hussein obama's friends. We have seen real hate in every liberal protest with violence, property damage, cops and tear gas.

Conclusion: the LEFT is MUCH more hateful and angry than the right and much quicker to threaten supreme violence over lesser issues.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Talking Oh, REALLY?

Quote:
We always see the real violence from the left that use bombs like some of hussein obama's friends. We have seen real hate in every liberal protest with violence, property damage, cops and tear gas.

Conclusion: the LEFT is MUCH more hateful and angry than the right and much quicker to threaten supreme violence over lesser issues.

Let me just mention three names that might (or might not) register in your brain housing group.

Timothy McVeigh OK City 1995

Ted Kaczinsky unabomber

Eric Rudolph Atlanta Olympics 1996

You were saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies