Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
have you seen the bank's credit card terms lately? It's like the pot calling the kettle black if they don't like the terms shoved down their throat. The consumer has had no input as the banks are now legal loan sharks.
Yes I have but those banks didn't pull any fast ones regarding that.
Check the fine print on your CC agreement..they can change rates or impose fees "whenever they want". You knew up front what risk you were taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
No the best will leave the worst will stay and because of their ineptetude the companies will take longer to recover. Why is this so hard to understand? OK lets try this. Think about your job. Now your boss walks into your oiffice and says your salary is cut 90% what do you do? That's right you quit. Now do you think the boss can hire the same quality worker as you at that 90% pay he cut you to? No. What will happen to the quality of widgets your company makes, thats right the quality will suffer. OK what will happen to the profitability of your company? right again it will go down.
The best what? If these greedy little pigs tried this crap in China, they'd have their heads handed to them on a poopoo platter. What type do you consider "the best" btw? Hank The Skank Paulson? You get what you demand and America deserves better than the bloodsuckers that now sit on Wall Street. Your theory is absurd and your attitude complacent.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I just got a notice ofcredit card interest rate changes today in the mail. The rate goes up (of course) and is effective on any outstanding balance charged at the lower rate. The banks change the rules "after the fact" to the tax payers who bailed them out. They do to us what you are trying to protect them from!

?
Check your fine print. The banks did nothing of the sort. You signed that agreement where the banks say they can raise rates/impose fees at any time. Nothing "after the fact" or else those banks are in legal trouble.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
No the best will leave the worst will stay and because of their ineptetude the companies will take longer to recover. Why is this so hard to understand? OK lets try this. Think about your job. Now your boss walks into your office and says your salary is cut 90% what do you do? That's right you quit. Now do you think the boss can hire the same quality worker as you at that 90% pay he cut you to? No. What will happen to the quality of widgets your company makes, thats right the quality will suffer. OK what will happen to the profitability of your company? right again it will go down.
If I screwed up on my job on the magnitude of those company executives, my boss would walk into my office and say, "Pack your things, you are fired!"

I would be unable to find another job elsewhere because no other hospital would want someone who performed so incompetently!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
If I screwed up on my job on the magnitude of those company executives, my boss would walk into my office and say, "Pack your things, you are fired!"

I would be unable to find another job elsewhere because no other hospital would want someone who performed so incompetently!
And that's exactly what Congress should have told Paulsen and Bernake last October..."take a hike, we ARE NOT GIVING YOU TAXPAYER MONEY".

Sadly none of them had the ****** to do it

Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes I have but those banks didn't pull any fast ones regarding that.
Check the fine print on your CC agreement..they can change rates or impose fees "whenever they want". You knew up front what risk you were taking.
Vague and without any ceilings which makes it legal loan sharking, nevertheless. In fact, a loan shark would have more definite terms of agreement. There are hidden charges and ways to trip up a consumer. Attorneys have admitted that they cannot decipher what these agreements have in the fine print.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:

That is fine BUT he could not replace you at 10% of your former salary. You seem to think if/when these executives leave they will be able to replace them at market rate. It ain't so.

By the way they did fire Waggoner, if that was their desire they could have fired the rest of them. So I guess you think Obama is incompetent for not doing it. Can't have it both ways.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:39 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
How many votes do the "moneychangers" have in an election? More than the populace?
Wow, you really overestimate the populace's ability to elect officials.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Vague and without any ceilings which makes it legal loan sharking, nevertheless. In fact, a loan shark would have more definite terms of agreement. There are hidden charges and ways to trip up a consumer. Attorneys have admitted that they cannot decipher what these agreements have in the fine print.
Yet people had no problem agreeing to the terms and proceeded to charge up a storm. And the banks are to blame here ?

I am well aware my CC rate could be jacked up any given month so I pay in full. There is no way in heck I would charge up $5K, $10K and then pay off "minimum payment" for 10-20 years.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:42 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
The best what? If these greedy little pigs tried this crap in China, they'd have their heads handed to them on a poopoo platter. What type do you consider "the best" btw? Hank The Skank Paulson? You get what you demand and America deserves better than the bloodsuckers that now sit on Wall Street. Your theory is absurd and your attitude complacent.

Sigh..please tell me what kind of executive you will get to run these companies for 200k. None of you rabid, venomous people with a vendetta have been able to answer this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies