Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan777 View Post
He may be crazy but then so are lots of other radio talk show hosts. I may disagree with him on a lot of stuff(not everything) but he happens to live in America. He is protected by the 2nd Amendment and as long as he is not directly proposing acts that break laws he is in the safe zone of Free Speech.
This is the second post in less than 10 minutes where I've read someone saying the 2nd amendment covers free speech - and you people claim to have read the Constitution? Here's a link - read it and make sure you know what you're talking about next time you put fingers to keyboard.

Last edited by MsMcQ LV; 10-22-2009 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: small spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Beck is a nut, but he is stable. Most of all he is an entertainer, who happens to have some nuggets of truth in his prolific rhetoric. That in itself is entertainment! Culling out the nuggets.... He happens to be right on concerning the Empty Vessel in Chief and his cronies tearing down our nation and culture. I look forward to the day when they are driven back to the Underworld of Chicago, thug wannabes and curs, with their tails between their legs.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Absolutely NOT, he and the Limburger are daily reminders of how silly the GOP has become

Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 AM

551 posts, read 855,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
It's not difficult to smear someone when they're smearing themselves.
That statement doesn't even make sense Flyboy. Why would you want to attack and smear an recovering alcoholic?

Does saying he is a crackhead and a drunk make you feel better somehow? I just don't get it.

And the left says that the right are the hateful ones!

And where are your FACTS that he smokes crack and drinks before going to work?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:18 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
That statement doesn't even make sense Flyboy. Why would you want to attack and smear an recovering alcoholic?

Does saying he is a crackhead and a drunk make you feel better somehow? I just don't get it.

No logical thinking person would get on national television and say some of the things beck has, which means to me, and possibly others, that the man has personal strife, he definitely has a problem, and needs help. I look foreward to seeing him check himself into a rehab center in the future, either that, or a home where they care for the mentally ill.
and, quit trolling to my responses to other posts.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post

It's the typical LEFT tactic David. The left will smear, accuse, curse, or whatever to get their point across even though they have no leg to stand on.

Sad.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
The left whines and cries about the ones they fear the most, I have never heard beck or Limbaugh, I guess they would say the same about Mark Levine who i do listen to on the way home from work.
I do not understand why the left promotes these people so much if they hate them so much.
I would think it has to be fear. they want to make people scared of Rush and Beck.
do they not realize that the more the promote hate of these guys the higher their ratings go?
If the left hates them so much why does the left hatred of them drive the ratings for them higher and higher.
Left screams Beck is a liar, becks ratings go higher yet i do not even see one quote from the left where Beck has lied. Since i do not listen to him you would think the left would print his lies instead of whining about lies in general.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
No logical thinking person would get on national television and say some of the things beck has, which means to me, and possibly others, that the man has personal strife, he definitely has a problem, and needs help. I look foreward to seeing him check himself into a rehab center in the future, either that, or a home where they care for the mentally ill.
and, quit trolling to my responses to other posts.
LOL, I saw that in the other thread...that poster does have a good point about you though...facts are facts.

And here you are again, saying Beck needs to be in a mentally ill home. How do you know he has personal strife? Are you a medical doctor now?

Also, no logical person would promise the things Obama has promised, but hey, he's in the WH now... is he also ill?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
The "show" it's on.....are all the ones who keep showing BO and the White House's anger with Fox News.
Qualifies as anti-Beck, wouldn't you agree?
Besides, BO has been invited to chat with GB on Fox.......but doesn't want to because why?
Is he scared of Glenn's mental state?
Is he worried that Glenn might cry or fall off the wagon?
I seriously doubt it and think it's something he's afraid to do for some underlying reason.
I have not heard BO mention Beck's name, but then again I don't watch too many of his speeches, just the big ones like the State of The Union etc because he is the president of the Unites States.

Why won't he have an interview with someone who is openly anti-Obama?? hmmmm...well, why do you think? Why do you think Bush declined a public debate with Bill Maher, Saddam Hussain and Ahmadinejad, but he invited Limbaugh to the White House? Why do you think?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
LOL, I saw that in the other thread...that poster does have a good point about you though...facts are facts.

And here you are again, saying Beck needs to be in a mentally ill home. How do you know he has personal strife? Are you a medical doctor now?

Also, no logical person would promise the things Obama has promised, but hey, he's in the WH now... is he also ill?
It's a 2 way street now. I complain about beck, and you complain about President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies