Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Glen Beck Nuts?
Yes 123 32.80%
No 252 67.20%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

No...

His followers are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
How come no one on the left called for Beck to be off the air when he was on CNN?

What about Lou Dobbs? Beck says the same thing Dobbs has been saying for 30 years. I never heard anyone complain about him. (dobbs got a little crazy with the birther stuff, which Beck doesn't believe)

What about Patrick Buchanon when he was on CNN?

What about Tucker Carlson when he was on MSNBC?

Why is it only when a liberatarian or conservative shows up on FOX do they become crazy and dangerous?

No one on the left learned how to think for themselves. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Only b/c what he saying now during a national crisis is both stupid and irresponsible, especially since some of the stuff does not make sense to a THINKING person

Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Im going to try this again. I never said a National show was what I heard so called conservatives on. What I wrote was I listen to it everyday and they are not talking cons. principles only racist what ever. That show, I dont know how wide spread it is. I know that SC is suppose to be a cons. mecca. So I never hear any cons. condemming any of these comments. Cons. see no problem with comments like those. That is a problem. At least I think so. That show reaches a wide audience in SC. The Mike Gallagher show comes on right after it and he knows what they said and by his silence he agrees.

Does'nt SC have enough probelms already?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Anyone who says / implies / suggests that Beck (or any other media person) should be "taken off the air", is either not an American or is Anti-American.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Only b/c what he saying now during a national crisis is both stupid and irresponsible, especially since some of the stuff does not make sense to a THINKING person
Just because I'm curious (I don't watch his show) what is it that Beck is saying in this time of national crisis that you consider stupid, irresponsible, and not sensible to a thinking person?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Just because I'm curious (I don't watch his show) what is it that Beck is saying in this time of national crisis that you consider stupid, irresponsible, and not sensible to a thinking person?
ok, his BS about telling church going people about walking out if "social justice" is mentioned. Fairness to others is the basics to most if not all religions and for him to have the audacity to tell people to leave their place of worship based upon his word makes him stupid, irresponsible and not sensible to the thinking person. I don't know what your beliefs are but as a human I KNOW that you cannot cosign to that madness which basically states that "you are not smart to think on your own so let me think for you"

Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM

Although I can't stand the man with the fake tears, I will defend his right to spout stupid nonsense throughout the air waves

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM

680 posts, read 1,383,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Is Glen Beck the crazy relative you politely listen to as he talks, talks, and talks. Why is he on the air? That's my thought. But I have to ask:
Should he be taken off the air?
Wow, trick poll! You ask two completely different questions:

* should he be taken off the air? (my response: NO, I believe in free speech)

* is he nuts? (my response: YES, it's obvious.)

Since your thread title was misleading I voted NO and then saw that your poll asked a different question from the one in the thread title.

By the way, it's Glenn, not Glen. And he's nuts. He calls himself a recovering alcoholic. I call him an alcoholic who probably fell off the wagon a few years ago. I've never seen anyone in AA who was that crazy.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:03 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
I've never seen such a concentration of judgmental people in one place, driven by fear and hate, unable to discuss rationally without name-calling.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
No one should be taken off the air, but the man is a big dope and I have no use for him. He has become worse than Rush and Hannity. He is indeed the worst of the neo-con blowhards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies