Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes indeed... to most of the responses above! It's a ridiculously biased site, 'nuff said.

Anyway, supporting equal treatment isn't the same as promoting something. Is a company promoting disabilities, weight problems, old age, gender, and everything else they can't discriminate against? Whether someone agrees with homosexuality or not, such personal opinions and judgments shouldn't be a factor in employment - period. Here in California, it's against state law to discriminate based on sexual orientation... isn't it that way in every state?
No. it is not that way in every state! In 33 other states, it is perfectly legal to fire an employee for his/her sexual orientation. You're lucky to live in a state that values every worker. Check out hrc.org if you'd like to learn more about which states have laws that protect gays at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 03:23 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Biggest names in U.S. business applauded for promoting alternative sexual lifestyles

Another three dozen major American corporations have acceded to the demands of homosexual activists in their corporate decision-making process and have been given a top ranking in an activist group's annual assessment of their accommodations.

The 2006 report from the Human Rights Campaign, which advocates for homosexual issues, was released yesterday and notes that "an unprecedented" 138 major U.S. corporations earned the top rating of 100 percent, up from 101 last year.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52060
This poster is obviously trolling against the HRC and/or Ford. John1960 posted the same post 15th march of this year called "Is This Good Or Bad For Ford? Homosexual." How do I know. I responded to that post. John1960, do you have any IDEA haw many gays have been in your life in a discreet way. The food, the clothes, the gas, everything that you touch and see had some homosexual touching or influencing it. FoMoCo is not the first... but its one of the many. We're everywhere.... BOOOOOO

Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM

97 posts, read 371,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Biggest names in U.S. business applauded for promoting alternative sexual lifestyles

Another three dozen major American corporations have acceded to the demands of homosexual activists in their corporate decision-making process and have been given a top ranking in an activist group's annual assessment of their accommodations.

The 2006 report from the Human Rights Campaign, which advocates for homosexual issues, was released yesterday and notes that "an unprecedented" 138 major U.S. corporations earned the top rating of 100 percent, up from 101 last year.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52060
Good to know. I will NEVER buy a Ford again.

GM is better anyway... I like Pontiac and Saturn (the Sky is amazing) anyway!

My first real "fun car" was a Chevy Camaro and it run forever... no problems!

Old 05-10-2007, 04:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Great. I have two Fords, I have had almost no trouble with them at all. Now I shall be even prouder to drive them.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 27,391 times
The homosexual lobby is not intersted in fair treatment, but rather preferred treatment. Their close minded agenda is more about $$ then rights and liberties, as their cause is a constant attack of the liberties of anyone that does not agree with their lifestyle choices.

As far as hiring practices...the marketplace will reward those employers that hire based on market defined criteria (knowledge, skill, presentation, etc.) and not reward those that discrimenate on an attribute that is irrelevant in the marketplace's grouped definition of value.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBreedlove View Post
The homosexual lobby is not intersted in fair treatment, but rather preferred treatment. Their close minded agenda is more about $$ then rights and liberties, as their cause is a constant attack of the liberties of anyone that does not agree with their lifestyle choices.

As far as hiring practices...the marketplace will reward those employers that hire based on market defined criteria (knowledge, skill, presentation, etc.) and not reward those that discrimenate on an attribute that is irrelevant in the marketplace's grouped definition of value.
How exactly are they asking to be "rewarded" by requesting equal and fair treatment?? Are you saying that you'd support firing (or not hiring) someone based only on their sexual orientation? That's called discrimination, and should not be tolerated by ANY group of people... the only "agenda" I see is the conservative one, which uses these issues to rally votes for their side.

I'm re-reading your post over & over, and it still makes no sense whatsoever... how can anyone "attack liberties" by asking for equal treatment? Or are people really that weak-minded, that a simple anti-discrimination legislation will suddenly turn everyone gay? I'm sorry, but just because you don't personally agree with something, that doesn't give you the right to discriminate against them. I don't agree with Republican neo-cons, but you don't see me protesting against companies that support Repubs or their causes... and you won't catch me trying to deny their rights either.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM

P.S. To prove my point above (before anyone challenges it), here's one example... I'm a devoted member of Curves for Women, since they helped me lose 65 lbs. And guess what? Their owner is a hard-core conservative, who's been known to donate large sums of money to anti-abortionist groups. I don't agree with that, nor do I particularly like it, but we can't boycott every company that supports a cause we don't agree with. If we did that, there wouldn't be anywhere left to go!! If the owner was a KKK member, I wouldn't give my money to him, but political issues shouldn't be a factor in who we patronize.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
This poster is obviously trolling against the HRC and/or Ford. John1960 posted the same post 15th march of this year called "Is This Good Or Bad For Ford? Homosexual." How do I know. I responded to that post. John1960, do you have any IDEA haw many gays have been in your life in a discreet way. The food, the clothes, the gas, everything that you touch and see had some homosexual touching or influencing it. FoMoCo is not the first... but its one of the many. We're everywhere.... BOOOOOO
Eeek!! All of that "gayness" might rub off on us!!!!

I love what Ellen DeGeneres said, on two separate hosting jobs (Oscars & Emmys)...
"If there weren't Blacks, Jews and gays, there would no Oscars. Or anyone named Oscar, if you think about that."
"What would bug a guy from the Taliban more than seeing a gay woman in a suit surrounded by Jews?" (said at the 2001 Emmys, shortly after 9/11)

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No. it is not that way in every state! In 33 other states, it is perfectly legal to fire an employee for his/her sexual orientation. You're lucky to live in a state that values every worker. Check out hrc.org if you'd like to learn more about which states have laws that protect gays at work.
That's abhorrent... seriously. Oh, but if we discriminated against Christians or Republicans, you can bet they'd be changing those laws faster than you can blink an eye (even though those could be called "lifestyle choices").

Old 05-10-2007, 06:40 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I seriously suggest you report it this to a Senior Moderator if you think he is trolling. I for one am more than tired at baiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies