Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here you use the mutterings of a comedian as a source of news and in your next post you congratulate a poster who says we have to use more than one source to get our news on a good post. Personally I don't watch Daily since I don't really see him as very funny and there are many things on HGTV that I like better than him. Oh yeah, I am the same way about Colbert, also.

When I want some laughs I watch the Blue Collar guys on the Comedy Channel and not those comedians who use politics for their material.
Did you watch the video or not? I assume you did not, and why do you assume I use "the mutterings of a comedian" as a source of news? I couldn't find the original video on youtube and that is why I used that. But, Jon Stewart only showed what Glenn Beck SAID. He couldn't manipulate his words. And it showed that Beck changed his opinion on Americans HC system within a couple of months. Where is his integrity?
Btw, Beck is not "news", too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Beck has said that he feels freer to do what he wants to on Fox than he did on CNN. I watched CNN all day for years and know why and what he means by that. Yes, he has said that he is going to keep after the present administration as long as he can and hasn't backed down yet.

Are you saying that his use of the word profit was an example of his lies? I guess I just don't understand.

Did you find anything at all that wasn't an attack on Beck in all your research? Surely there was something.
Oh boy, I stated clearly why I think he is a hypocrite.
So you want to say that CNN forced him to say those things?
Kinda ironic, because Murdoch, Beck's boss, admitted that they try to manipulate their viewers on Fox.

For my research I used only things Beck actualy said! Transcripts from HIS shows!
I never said his use of the word profit is an example of his lies, you are making that up and you know that.

So if you accuse me that I only use attacks to support my point, show me. But you won't find it because I only used Becks OWN words.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Why do you label me a leftie, because I think Beck is a hypocrit?
And now you are lying: I showed you with many examples when he lied, I don't care about the ONE show, sorry but your thread had developed in a different direction and there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe a Mod can then close it.

I gave you several examples as to why I think he is a hypocrite. And I posted a video where he LIED about health care.
He does not practise what he preaches: The Patriot Act, The wars , the Bailout, his twisting opinion on Health Care, the fact he does not want to report on the Haliburton case.
If he had some integrity he would NOT be for the Patriot Act, against the wars, against any bailouts and he would not change his opinion on Health care.
I also provided links to his views. You can go back and look at them.
And stop with the childish name calling. You are the only one here on this thread that does it.
What was the name that Finn called me when he called me dummy? I have never been able to call people who swing from the left anything but lefties, progs, libs and so forth. When one swings from that side, even in baseball, he is called a lefty. I will try to avoid posting to you since I am such a horrible name caller. It is a habit that an old man got into and just can't seem to break. I always thought that those who think that way were proud to be called lefty. I am sorry, but won't be stopping until they stop bringing up Bush to defend anything the present admin does. Also, I loved the Esquire thing that Finn lefty hung his hat on. All kinds of innuendoes with not one example that really held up other than the author's beliefs. An yet Finn won't admit to having become a lefty because of the election of 2008.

Yep when you walk like a duck I call you a duck. Happens to me all the time and I just swing back from the right.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
What was the name that Finn called me when he called me dummy? I have never been able to call people who swing from the left anything but lefties, progs, libs and so forth. When one swings from that side, even in baseball, he is called a lefty. I will try to avoid posting to you since I am such a horrible name caller. It is a habit that an old man got into and just can't seem to break. I always thought that those who think that way were proud to be called lefty. I am sorry, but won't be stopping until they stop bringing up Bush to defend anything the present admin does. Also, I loved the Esquire thing that Finn lefty hung his hat on. All kinds of innuendoes with not one example that really held up other than the author's beliefs. An yet Finn won't admit to having become a lefty because of the election of 2008.

Yep when you walk like a duck I call you a duck. Happens to me all the time and I just swing back from the right.
What does Finn have to do with me???
Here again my resume on Beck, I only judged his own words and his actions.
Ok, so after some research and watching his clips, and after I already posted here, now my resume:
Glenn Beck is a hypocrite.

Thanks to Finn_Jarber and my own research, I have found this:

1. So he says: "I consider myself a libertarian. I'm a conservative, but every day that goes by I'm fighting for individual rights."
If you claim you are FOR individual rights, but also supported the Patriot Acts, then you are clearly a hypocrit.
The Patriot Act was clearly a cut in your individual rights.

(Patricia Sheridan's Breakfast With ... Glenn Beck)

2. So he is FOR a small government and low debt
(Commentary: Obama no, McCain maybe - CNN.com)

How does that coincides with his support for the wars? He knows they costs a lot of money.

How does that coincides with his support for the bailout?

3. The fact that he doesn't say anything about the Haliburton case makes me suspicious.

So, all you Beck Lovers see that I actually took my time and did some research. I hope you can appreciate that and think about the points I made. I know as a fanatic you only see what you want to see, but I proved that Beck doesn't practise what he preaches!!!
Is he a liar? If being a hypocrite means you are a liar, then yes.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Um, it may be the Daily Show, but it uses clips taken directly from Beck himself. What do you have to say about the actual clips of him contradicting himself... our system going from crap to the greatest in the world in a year?
When anyone wants to twist and turn they can make those videos look like whatever they want them to look like. Isn't that what people who want to defend the people Oba mao has inserted in the White House and are called to task by Beck with videos of them talking? I guess only his side can be seriously accused of doing what you are saying. Those clips have dates inserted on them but none say whether he was being real of acting for fun. I don't know but I still believe the clips he shows about Mark Lloyd's words. Maybe those are just things that the whole Fox organization uses. Is that true or not?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Beck has said that he feels freer to do what he wants to on Fox than he did on CNN. I watched CNN all day for years and know why and what he means by that. Yes, he has said that he is going to keep after the present administration as long as he can and hasn't backed down yet.
But you have always stressed how anti-Bush CNN was. Well, if Beck had wanted to attack Bush like he attacks Obama, I am sure he would have been more than welcome to it at CNN. According to your logic anyway....are you now saying that CNN was not OK with their reporters being so openly partisan? Maybe you are right.....Maybe they are not as partisan as FOX....That's an interesting admission from your part

Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,524,734 times
Default Glen Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
If ANYONE were to lie as much as many of you seem to believe Glenn Beck does......then why in the hell is he....and especially Fox News.....NOT being sued into oblivion for slander, libel and the millions of other things you Libs. believe they are guilty of?
Huh?
Answer truthfully and without another stupid attempt of a put down as juvenile as life was on the playground during recess!
Is this something you think is possible or not?
Seriously?

Why is that RED PHONE not ringing??

Old 10-23-2009, 01:33 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
When anyone wants to twist and turn they can make those videos look like whatever they want them to look like. Isn't that what people who want to defend the people Oba mao has inserted in the White House and are called to task by Beck with videos of them talking? I guess only his side can be seriously accused of doing what you are saying. Those clips have dates inserted on them but none say whether he was being real of acting for fun. I don't know but I still believe the clips he shows about Mark Lloyd's words. Maybe those are just things that the whole Fox organization uses. Is that true or not?
There really is no "twisting and turning". Did you watch the videos?

Acting for fun??? He had a whole series on health care on CNN after he was in the hospital, I remember it. Is he "acting for fun" now on Fox as well?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
But you watch Beck fanatically and he is nothing but a comedian, albeit a bad one....
I am embarrassed when he makes some of his faces but never by what he says when he makes them.

I became more of a Beck fan after I read his "Common Sense". It was a serious discussion of conditions in this nation and I found no lies in it either. Come to think of it he wanted everybody to read it and asked people to share their copies with others. Now I know you aren't a US citizen but maybe you could profit from reading the book. I have offered my copy to many people with no takers and suppose you are another of that long line.

After reading that book I become convinced that those who consider him a comedian really don't listen to him and do hear only that proclamation by him that is directed at members of the left.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:35 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,189,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
Why is that RED PHONE not ringing??
They're waiting for Joe to fall off his stool, I wonder how much Beck pays him to sit there 24/7, I wonder if he's paid as much as Roysoldboy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies