Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM

5 posts, read 5,904 times

Advertisements

It seems like President Obama is getting a free pass for being black. During the Primaries last year, he was always asked the question after Hillary Clinton. He wasn't asked the hard questions like some of the other canidates. So many people came out to vote (I had to wait for 4 hours unlike in 2004 where I only had to wait 10 minutes) just because of the historical context of his ticket. Now he is following a lot of the same policies as past President Bush and nobody (especially the left, MSNBC commentators, CNN, etc.) is faulting him but would fault President Bush in a heartbeat. He is not delivering to his campaign promises and nobody on the left is criticizing him. Sarah Palin got treated horribly by the media and the left but if anybody on the right treats Obama like that, they would be quickly labeled as a racist. Everybody on here keeps talking about FOX News, Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, etc. and not talking about the current administration and how much mess they are adding to the mess that President Bush created. Now he is criticizing FOX News but MSNBC always criticizes republicans from Michelle Bachmann, Dick Cheney, Joe Wilson, Sarah Palin, John McCain, George Bush (both of them), John Ensign, Mark Sandford, etc. but I guess to the one-sided liberals....this is OK. I am just fed up with the double standard. Most of America isn't racist...Obama got elected...but some people are fed up with his policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 05:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Oh you guys are giving Obama a pass because he is black?

YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08

"When you got a negro running for President....he's a 2nd stringer not a 1st stringer"

Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Default Why is President Obama getting a pass for being black (really biracial)?

Somebody told me he's a muslin.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Conservative View Post
Obama like that, they would be quickly labeled as a racist.
I guess when you start threads claiming that Obama is getting a pass solely because he is black without any supporting evidence, the racist tag seems pretty appropriate.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:18 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Conservative View Post
It seems like President Obama is getting a free pass for being black. During the Primaries last year, he was always asked the question after Hillary Clinton. He wasn't asked the hard questions like some of the other canidates. So many people came out to vote (I had to wait for 4 hours unlike in 2004 where I only had to wait 10 minutes) just because of the historical context of his ticket. Now he is following a lot of the same policies as past President Bush and nobody (especially the left, MSNBC commentators, CNN, etc.) is faulting him but would fault President Bush in a heartbeat. He is not delivering to his campaign promises and nobody on the left is criticizing him. Sarah Palin got treated horribly by the media and the left but if anybody on the right treats Obama like that, they would be quickly labeled as a racist. Everybody on here keeps talking about FOX News, Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, etc. and not talking about the current administration and how much mess they are adding to the mess that President Bush created. Now he is criticizing FOX News but MSNBC always criticizes republicans from Michelle Bachmann, Dick Cheney, Joe Wilson, Sarah Palin, John McCain, George Bush (both of them), John Ensign, Mark Sandford, etc. but I guess to the one-sided liberals....this is OK. I am just fed up with the double standard. Most of America isn't racist...Obama got elected...but some people are fed up with his policies.
The complete opposite of your premise is true.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM

24 posts, read 14,013 times
I get it..Since Obama is black, he should have fixed all Bushes mistakes in 10 months..Brothers never get a chance. lol. I think Ill pass on the OPs covert racism.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:37 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
The Join Date tells you everything you need to know about the motivations of this thread.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:43 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,294 times
wait you still haven't called him the Messiah! because if he was the Messiah then you might have had a legimate complaint as to why he hasn't turned a $12 trillion dollar economy around in 10 months!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Somebody told me he's a muslin.

YouTube - T.I.- Whatever You Like SPOOF! (OBAMA- Whatever I Like)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies