Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times

Advertisements

You should tell that to the people that expect those same people to pull those companies out of bankruptcy. They're expecting something productive... But I'm sure the CD warrior i.e. dreamer knows more than them...

Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Angry facts only; why does a bank CEO deserve 50 million dollar bonus?

I really want to know, while 30 million americans have zero health inurance, unemployment Is at record high and people are struggling how this bonus is justified; does this man make America great?

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yeah right. And imagine if we did, we would just be told "FREE MARKET".
I dont have to be told IF you did, because liberals have been shouting for decades about executive pays, even when excecutives made little but got paid in options you guys were all shouting about how unfair it was to be giving CEO's incentives to work hard and increase equity in the company but not the employees.

You guys almost had a heart attack when the CEO of Heinz retired to some far off country (I believe Ireland) with his hundreds and hundreds of millions in stock options due to the improvement Heinz had during his tenure...

"waaa waaa, he shouldnt be paid by options, he should have a salary so they dont get enticed to manipulate the accounting".. now that he has a salary its "waaa waaa, CEO's could be paid by options to give them equity in the company".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Acceptable, I suppose but NOT when tax money is involved.
Its not tax money, its company money remember? Taxpayers bought stock shares, there is no more tax money, there is only equity. Give up the tax money argument because it doesnt exist anymore.

Sure, as stock holders the government would/should have a VOTE as to how much their company managers get paid for the companies that we are investors in, but there is a difference between having a vote, and outright demanding through threat of law limits on compensation..

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
No excuse. NONE whatsoever if his company is being funded for by the people.

And by the way, dreamofmoney-I am leaving in a few to cancel my bank of america account :-D What have you heard about TCF banks?

PS-I cannot rep you again. I would if I could!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
why does a bank CEO deserve 50 million dollar bonus?
because the BOARD said so, and AUTHORIZED his bonus.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Bank of America - Financial Statements - Hoover's (http://www.hoovers.com/bank-of-america/--ID__58444,ticker__BAC--/free-co-fin-factsheet.xhtml - broken link)

I'm sure you can move the decimal points over...

Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont have to be told IF you did, because liberals have been shouting for decades about executive pays, even when excecutives made little but got paid in options you guys were all shouting about how unfair it was to be giving CEO's incentives to work hard and increase equity in the company but not the employees.

You guys almost had a heart attack when the CEO of Heinz retired to some far off country (I believe Ireland) with his hundreds and hundreds of millions in stock options due to the improvement Heinz had during his tenure...

"waaa waaa, he shouldnt be paid by options, he should have a salary so they dont get enticed to manipulate the accounting".. now that he has a salary its "waaa waaa, CEO's could be paid by options to give them equity in the company".
Sorry, my friend. Decades ago? Heinz in some other country? Forgive me but I do not remember. How long ago was this? I am rather young.

Its not tax money, its company money remember? Taxpayers bought stock shares, there is no more tax money, there is only equity. Give up the tax money argument because it doesnt exist anymore.

Sure, as stock holders the government would/should have a VOTE as to how much their company managers get paid for the companies that we are investors in, but there is a difference between having a vote, and outright demanding through threat of law limits on compensation..
I can see where you are coming from. I honestly can but I disagree. I guess that is the most I can say.
Have a good one though. I mean it. I am out. Got some FUN () errands to run.....

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I really want to know, while 30 million americans have zero health inurance, unemployment Is at record high and people are struggling how this bonus is justified; does this man make America great?
As usual, most posters confuse the issue

What does 30,000,000 americans not having health insurance have to do with a CEO's pay?
What does unemployment levels have to do with a CEO's pay?
What does your struggling, have to do with a CEO's pay?

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
What rights? Those executives are EMPLOYEES. They have no right to making any amount. If they signed some sort of contract guaranteeing the money, then the company obviously cant breech that, and those executives probably cant be touched by the government. But the rest of them can take the pay cut, or get lost.
The ones being discussed have, I can assure you, employment CONTRACTS.

The Government IS TOUCHING those individuals. Case in point, the former CEO of Bank of America.

But now that Heinz money is in the hands of a liberal so it's cool... ASSuming you're referring to the late husband of Teresa...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies