Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That's as far as I got. The CEO's are not "robbing" anything.

They are getting paid what the owners have agreed to pay that CEO.
Greedy people such as yourself have brought about America's downfall - proud of yourself?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Greedy people such as yourself have brought about America's downfall - proud of yourself?
You are avoiding the real issue: The OWNERS OF THE COMPANY are in agreement with paying the CEO the amount they contracted with them for.

As for your statement that a) I'm greedy (you are wrong) b) I'm brought America down (again - you are wrong)

I believe everyone can earn as much as they legally can. That is called freedom.

If the owners of the company don't think their CEO should get paid as much as they do, they have the power to change it.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
You are avoiding the real issue: The OWNERS OF THE COMPANY are in agreement with paying the CEO the amount they contracted with them for.

As for your statement that a) I'm greedy (you are wrong) b) I'm brought America down (again - you are wrong)

I believe everyone can earn as much as they legally can. That is called freedom.

If the owners of the company don't think their CEO should get paid as much as they do, they have the power to change it.
As I stated before, the 'owners' are the shareholders, and they don't get to vote on the CEO robbery, that's aided and abbetted by the bought and sold board of directors.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
As I stated before, the 'owners' are the shareholders, and they don't get to vote on the CEO robbery, that's aided and abbetted by the bought and sold board of directors.
They vote on the budget of the company. In that budget are the wages and benefits - including the wages and salary of the CEO. If the shareholders approve of the budget, they are approving of the pay.

And, the Board of Directors are elected by the Shareholders. So you are saying that the shareholders are bribed? Really?

Face Facts - you have income envy. There are people getting far more income than you - have more than you - and you are envious

Old 10-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
They vote on the budget of the company. In that budget are the wages and benefits - including the wages and salary of the CEO. If the shareholders approve of the budget, they are approving of the pay.

And, the Board of Directors are elected by the Shareholders. So you are saying that the shareholders are bribed? Really?

Face Facts - you have income envy. There are people getting far more income than you - have more than you - and you are envious
'Income envy'? - you are a real joke son.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
'Income envy'? - you are a real joke son.
Junior - I'm not joking.

Your posts sound like income envy. Pure and simple.

You sound envious

Old 10-26-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Junior - I'm not joking.

Your posts sound like income envy. Pure and simple.

You sound envious
Jack, you ARE the joke.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Jack, you ARE the joke.
Really? Specifically, why would you say that?

Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Ok, lets talk facts....

GE's CEO is making about 20million a year.
They have about 10billion shares, so he gets about 1/5 of a penny from each share outstanding. IF he screws up, or does well...he has an enormous impact on the fortunes of a company with an 11billion market cap.

Oakland Raiders Cornerback Asomugha made 22million last year.

Nike paid Tiger woods 30million last year. (He makes >100million a year)

Stephen King makes >40million a year.

JK Rowling, Oprah....they dwarf the numbers mentioned above.

If you have any fact based comments you would like to add, please do so.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Sure. The Statues.

Usury is a rate of interest, numerically quantified, that is charged in excess of that allowed by INDIVIDUAL STATE LAWS.

BofA has not done that. They have not charged interest in violation of any State Laws -
Their outrageous fees have violated the spirit of the law for years now and that is why the law is soon changing.

But what would a person like you care about the spirit of the law or about what is fair, what is right? Just steal as much as you can without going to jail is what you and those you defend are all about. Pathetically shallow beyond comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies