Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

They're doing it again. It's so much easier to be anti-gay when you can do it in secret, isn't it? And then I bet some of these same people tell their friends how much they support equal rights for same-sex couples.

AUGUSTA, MAINE -- In one of the boldest attempts to circumvent a state election law in recent memory, the Washington, DC based National Organization for Marriage (NOM) filed suit in Federal Court yesterday to wipe out Maine's campaign reporting law. NOM is the biggest contributor by far to Question 1, which would rescind Maine's recently enacted same-sex marriage law.

Californians Against Hate

Anti-gay marriage group challenges reporting requirements - Bangor Daily News (http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/126274.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They're doing it again. It's so much easier to be anti-gay when you can do it in secret, isn't it? And then I bet some of these same people tell their friends how much they support equal rights for same-sex couples.

Anti-gay marriage group challenges reporting requirements - Bangor Daily News (http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/126274.html - broken link)

They are idiots. Simple as that.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
These people are un-American.

86-year-old WWII vet on gay marriage: "What do you think I fought for in Omaha Beach?" - Boing Boing

"The woman at my polling place asked me do I believe in equality for gay and lesbian people. I was pretty surprised to be asked a question like that. It made no sense to me. Finally I asked her: what do you think I fought for in Omaha Beach?"

YouTube - Philip Spooner - www.EqualityMaine.org

Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

86-year-old WWII vet on gay marriage: "What do you think I fought for in Omaha Beach?" - Boing Boing

"The woman at my polling place asked me do I believe in equality for gay and lesbian people. I was pretty surprised to be asked a question like that. It made no sense to me. Finally I asked her: what do you think I fought for in Omaha Beach?"

I am so proud of him. Brought tears to my eyes actually...

Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I am so proud of him. Brought tears to my eyes actually...
Mine, too. G-d bless him.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:45 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

This guy gets a major

Old 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Update:

Judge rules against anti-gay marriage grou | The Portland Press Herald (http://updates.pressherald.mainetoday.com/updates/judge-rules-against-anti-gay-marriage-grou - broken link)

They can run but they can't hide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies