Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Torture, for one. Conspiracy to plunge the US into a stupid, slap-dash war, for another.

Wise Republicans would distance themselves from this lunatic. I doubt there are many wise Republicans left in the party these days. They've been driven out by the radical religious fringe.

What do these words have in common?

Zmlknout (Czech)…Cállate (Spanish)…Cale a boca (Portuguese)…Se taire (French)…Inchide (Romanian)…Zašuti (Croatioin)…Stai zitto (Italian)…Hold kjeft (Norwegian)…and halt den Mund (German)?

The answer: they all are ways of saying “Shut up” in different languages. And according to The Hill, that’s the message Congressional Republicans are trying to communicate to former Vice President Dick Cheney who rather than being “stuck on stupid” is seemingly stuck in campaign 2008. Since leaving office he has given a series of high profile interviews talking about President Barack Obama and the new administration using language suggesting he thinks he’s still on the stump with Karl Rove advising him.

Congressional Republicans To Dick Cheney: Please Go Away | The Moderate Voice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
On this side of the looking glass (the outside) not much Bush worship was going on.
In fact President Bush was catching he!! from the republican base daily.
Fox news and talk radio ditto.
The bitterness required to so gleefully wish for vice-president Chenys abasement as described above is beyond words.
Words allowed here anyway.
abasement? you bet he belongs in a basement.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
The big difference is that Bush and his administration lied to everyone,
How so? By believing what the CIA, UN, France, Germany, Russia, every intelligence agency around the world, the democrats, Clinton, Gore...believed?

Just because the CIA and every other intelligence agency was wrong, does not make it a lie.

Quote:
Is that enough for ya???

It was all over the news but repubs have VERY selective memories.....
OMG! HE cussed at someone! He should have been impeached for that!!

Big friggin deal. You think these guys don't use such language, regularly?

Quote:
There was nothing unintentional about cheney's f bomb.
And I say again; BFD.

Is that the worst you have of his High Crimes and Misdemeanors?

Based on what I've read, it was well deserved. Can you point to the law he broke when telling that slimy leahy where to go?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Torture, for one. Conspiracy to plunge the US into a stupid, slap-dash war, for another.

Wise Republicans would distance themselves from this lunatic. I doubt there are many wise Republicans left in the party these days. They've been driven out by the radical religious fringe.
You're going to have to get a little more explicit than that. He didn't torture, or anything else.

You must be kidding! Cheney is doing a beautiful job exposing obama for the weak-kneed dithering liberal that he is - and it cost him nothing to do it. And the press just eats it up, which is a guarantee his comments will be aired over and over again.

Perfect.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Retired General calls Cheney ‘incompetent war fighter’

"The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters," Eaton said in a statement released Thursday. "They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11."

Rinse, lather, repeat

Old 10-24-2009, 09:26 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I agree. I honestly believe that Richard Cheney is the most evil human being that has ever been in the U.S. government in its entire history. And I do mean that sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

I too agree. I keep hoping Obama will get some nads and prosecute the duo for war crimes. If he doesn't end the unsanity he may get himself a seat at the trial. hanging with scum tends to have a way of rubbing off.

Oh and You can add Rumsfeld with the worse slime to hit Washington too. the two of them, were chums and kept each other around.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You're going to have to get a little more explicit than that. He didn't torture, or anything else.

You must be kidding! Cheney is doing a beautiful job exposing obama for the weak-kneed dithering liberal that he is - and it cost him nothing to do it. And the press just eats it up, which is a guarantee his comments will be aired over and over again.

Perfect.
psycho talk...

Cheney knows his audience, that's for certain.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:07 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
psycho talk...

Cheney knows his audience, that's for certain.
I find it constantly amazing that the very same people who tie themselves in knots trying to prove that U.S. citizens having a public health care option is unconstitutional will turn around and full heartedly embrace the one man who has done more to shred the constitution than any other elected official in the history of our country.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

"The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters," Eaton said in a statement released Thursday. "They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11."

Rinse, lather, repeat
Cheney was not the president, therefore he was not a "war fighter" or to be more technically accurate "Commander-In-Chief."

During the Bush presidency, dozens of those on the most-wanted list were captured or killed. I stopped keeping track some years back, but the last figure I remember is 45 of the 55 most-wanted foreign terrorists and/or dictators captured or killed.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:42 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Can you post data showing that Cheney ordered anyone to be "tortured?" There was no "conspiracy" to plunge the U.S. in a war. Several investigations prove that. And Congress voted to take action against Saddam and Iraq. Next time, try posting accurate information!

Quote:
The only lunatics are the ones with Cheney Derangement Syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies