Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:53 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

People who say "No problem" instead of "You're welcome."

I find that problematic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 02:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
People who do not say thank you for a small courtesy (holding a door etc.)

Talking on a cell phone while driving (except me).

Old 10-23-2009, 02:07 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The line jumping thread got me thinking about things that really annoy me. A lot of them are small. I think it is the underlying sentiment that bothers me. Here are mine. List yours.

Starbucks intellectuals.
I don't go to Starbucks often. What's a Starbucks intellectual? Simply someone spending time there with a laptop or book? Or do they attempt to engage you in pseudo-intellectual discourse? Or are they people who act with a superior air because they're so discerning (they think) to get coffee at Starbucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
People who say "literally" when they don't mean "literally."
Had to laugh. I was on an elevator one day when two other people on it were talking, and one was recounting something about someone else and he said, "he was literally between a rock and a hard place."

It was difficult not to burst out laughing right then. Was his friend actually positioned in the middle of a large rock on one side, and something like a brick wall on the other?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Starbucks. Anything Starbucks. Junk food. Cookies so hard that they almost snap your teeth off. Obesity. Bratty kids. Dogs who cause problems, and their idiot owners. Cars with the boom sound systems. White glaring lights. People who think that the whole freakin' world LOVES their kids. Smokers who have smoked outside, go inside, and release their smoke stench.
Wal Mart. Crappy quality anything. People who use their elbows or fat bodies to block other people from the thrift shop goodies. Noise when I am trying to sleep. Cell fone users who appear to be talking to themselves. Computer screen freeze. Strong perfume on anyone. Bad coffee. Litterbugs. (apple cores don't count if tossed by a bush). Teens who hang in clusters, and become obnoxious when they aren't the center of attention. Obnoxious drunks. Fat people who tell me I am too thin. I am sure I have a cartload more, but I need some tea right now.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Those who talk on the phone while driving, by far.

Being on the bus with my CD player and old fashioned over-the-ear headphones, and having someone demand that I turn it OFF because they can hear it -- nevermind that it's not loud enough that anyone else can even make out a lyric, much less tell me the artist or song title. (I want to keep my eardrums intact and don't abuse them.) And then nobody says shyt about the screaming child sitting two seats away.

The crazy neighbor who starts screaming at me to shut my dog up or she's going to call the landlord, when my dog goes out on the deck and barks for three seconds. Literally three seconds! (lol) I think the local law defines nuisance barking as 10 minutes of continuous barking.

Chris Matthews. Period. Fingernails on a chalkboard.

People who toss out the phrase "conspiracy theorist" with such a self-satisfied sneer.

Don't get me started!

Old 10-23-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
People who do not say thank you for a small courtesy (holding a door etc.)

When someone ignores my small courtesy, I simply say, loudly enough, "You're welcome".

Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
When someone ignores my small courtesy, I simply say, loudly enough, "You're welcome".

I do too, it drives my wife nuts, she thinks I am being petty. Of course I am but I feel better.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I do too, it drives my wife nuts, she thinks I am being petty. Of course I am but I feel better.
Yep.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:

Are you the approved exception?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Oh I thought of another one. Cars playing the radio so loud I can feel the base shaking my car. I wish there was a gadget that I could use to shut their radio off remotely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies