Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Do this experiment yourself.

Leave your curtains or blinds open, walk across the street from your house, and see if you can see inside your house. I'm willing to bet you cannot. Unless you walk right up to the window, and intentionally look inside, all you'll see is a house with nothing covering the window.
You would get a Mirror Effect, unless you walked right up to the window and looked in. And it would depend on the time of day, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM

353 posts, read 552,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Naked Man Charged With Indecent Exposure For Brewing Coffee In Own Home

I just saw this on another forum. Sorry if it's a repeat, but geesh, how silly.
Another case of not enough info.
Was he making coffee in the kitchen as he claims or was he pressed up against the front window like a Garfield doll? One is no big deal. The other deserves a swift kick in the knards.
You decide which is which.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I posted another link last time this was brought up but I'm not going to search for it again. Police apparently had reason to believe he was encouraging these folks to look at him. Not just a one time viewing, but also following them to stand in front of yet another window where he was visable as they continued to walk past the house.

It's easy, and funny, to poke fun without knowing the whole story. I don't know what to think because I'm not privy to the info.

You could easily see in a window from a distance if was cloudy or the least bit dark and the lights in the house were on. Didn't this happen very early in the morning? There would be no sun to create the "mirror" effect.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Well, my position is to believe what he says until something else comes to light. I live next door to a cop and a fire fighter. There's a window on the side of my house where I can look right through their house. When I step out of my bathroom, it's in full view. I can't say I always wear a robe when leaving the bathroom. They don't have curtains, but shades drawn half way. I don't have curtains on this window either, but lovely wooden blinds drawn half way. This guy should invest in some curtains for the front of his home, though. If my dh lived here alone, there would be no window dressing any where lol.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Follow the link of the "witnesses" account and it takes you here:

Man Arrested for Being Naked in His Own Kitchen - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Quote:
A woman and her 7-year-old daughter had cut across Williamson's front yard and saw him through his kitchen window.

It appears that they were in violation of the law by first trespassing on his property. This is why you respect others property rights. In some states you can be legally shot for trespassing, but apparently some states feel that a persons private property is is actually public property. What next, a burglar can get you arrested for public indecency as they are breaking into your home?

Maybe the police have evidence to support their claim that he wanted to be seen, but if it is merely witness account from the criminal mother trespassing, I think they ought to all be taken out and have some sense beaten into them as the mother is an idiot for being offended while committing a crime and the police are a special kind of stupid to think they have a case.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
from what I saw on the news when the story came out, the lady who reported him was on his property. how about arresting her for tresspassing and being a peeping tom.

after all, we cannot dicriminate against the man just because a woman was being a sexual deviant.
Exactly. Reverse the genders in this situation and I'm 99% sure the man would have been arrested as a peeping tom.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Well, the cops shouldn't have had much of a problem doing a pat-down on him, before they cuffed him. OTFLMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That's sick. I hope they didn't take him naked into the patrol car and into the holding cell because he could have left skid marks on everything.
Well, you have to admit, it was funny

Old 10-28-2009, 05:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Exactly. Reverse the genders in this situation and I'm 99% sure the man would have been arrested as a peeping tom.
Haven't you figured it out? It's ALWAYS the man's fault.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Haven't you figured it out? It's ALWAYS the man's fault.
From a legit news source in DC:

Williamson, 29, faces an indecent exposure charge after a passerby saw him in the buff in his own home making coffee.

Channel 5 reports the woman and 7-year-old boy who saw him naked apparently had cut through Williamson's front yard from a nearby path.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1790464

So, she takes a shortcut path between houses, then cuts across the front lawn and sees Williamson. Seems like she is the one in violation of law.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
She's the wife of a cop. And suddenly they're canvassing the neighborhood to see if anyone else has seen this guy naked??? What a waste of money. Like others said, SHE WAS ON HIS PROPERTY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies