Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 11:41 PM

5,003 posts, read 12,337,976 times

Advertisements

LOL.

Well to answer the question:

1) I believe in the right of each individual to believe in his or her own religion WITHOUT it being imposed on the rest of the populace.

2) I believe that military force should be a last resort, not a lynchpin of foreign policy and definitely should not be as a large part of our economy as it has (Eisenhower himself warned against it, and the danger of the military-industrial complex).

3) I believe that everyone has the right to be extended the same benefits and rights bestowed by the state onto their populace and as human beings. This extends to marriage, taxes, death rights, family rights, etc. Therefore, nobody, regardless of gender identification, sexual orientation, race or religion should be denied the rights that are bestowed upon others.

4) I feel that religion should have as little a place in our government as possible.

5) Specific to free market capitalism, I believe that proper regulation should be mandatory on anything which can have severe repercussions in our economy (read: financial industry). Note that regulation does not necessarily mean higher taxes.

6) As a person raised iwth Christian ideals, I believe in charity and believing that given enough energy, nearly anyone can be made less needy. As Jesus said, "I was naked and yet you did not clothe me, I was hungry, and you did not feed me, I cried out for you, and you did not help me." Of course I apply reason to this, but that's another matter (ie. I do not believe in free handouts, only those trying and truly downtrodden should be given benefits, not leeches).

So let me ask you: what have you got to argue with against that? Why the hateful and idiotic label of "lib"? So much hate, and really missing the point I think. Everyone's a big man on the Internets, are they not?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,456,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Reading on this forum, I am a little suprised that many of the marxists/leftists do not even know the origins of liberalism in America and why they promote and advocate positions that often seem very strange and self destructive to the rest of us.
I'm not especially liberal or especially conservative. My natural inclination is to a 'live and let live' libertarianism.

I voted for Obama because the alternative--an aging warmonger and a podunk creationist--was terrifying.

Not to mention that the Republicans scream "lower taxes, lower taxes!" but pursue policies that make lower taxes impossible--specificallly militarism as a permanent way of life, and locking up a higher percentage of our own people than any other nation on the globe--including China, Iran and North Korea.

Last edited by djacques; 10-26-2009 at 11:53 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,299,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Don't forget THIS GUY. Who believed the market would correct itself despite all of the evidence to the contrary
Never mind this guy, worry about our current situation with Barrack whop has no clue about anything about being a president!
What did Obama do well in Chicago???? Knows jack about foreign policy or any policy. Plus wants to spend like a recent lottery winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thug is bad for our country and need to fix it quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,650,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Never mind this guy, worry about our current situation with Barrack whop has no clue about anything about being a president!
What did Obama do well in Chicago???? Knows jack about foreign policy or any policy. Plus wants to spend like a recent lottery winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thug is bad for our country and need to fix it quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My point was that he created this mess with deregulation

Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
My point was that he created this mess with deregulation
Yes he did and things are looking really bad either way with the far left take over.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,341,177 times
Default I'm Anti-Conservative

You Regressives call it what you want.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Yes he did and things are looking really bad either way with the far left take over.
Leave the past behind!
Obama has made many promises and failed on all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He has lied and is out to destroy America!
He is not American and is a radical Muslim.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You'd like to pay for these people's catastrophic emergency room visits? I wouldnt.
People can by inexpensive health care insurance for those "catastrophic emergency room visits," but many of those same people would rather pay hundreds of dollars a month on Direct TV, high speed internet, multiple cell phones plans, TiVO, and trips to Disney Land, instead of buying health care insurance.

But for the truly poor, and the people who are temporarily down and out, we have compassion. We generous taxpayers offer "free" health care for the poor, its called Medicaid, and we even have SCHIP for the not poor, which even pays for the middle class.

When did health care become a federal concern anyway? If a state ignores the plight of their citizens, that the problem of the people in that state. It is not the federal government's job to take care of the people in the state, when it is something the state government is completely capable of doing on its own.

Quote:
Deficit quadrupled, since when? Which deficit? Obama did not quadruple "the deficit"; our dollar is not being devalued helplessly, there's a reason for it; try to realize these people know what they're doing better than you do, you could look it up.
Did 0bama vote for TARP and the bailouts while in the senate?
Yes he did.

Did he sign a pork-ridden omnibus bill, and $787 billion stimulus plan, and more bailouts and more taxpayer money give-aways, as president?
Yes he did.

Does 0bama and his administration want him to sign more bills that will gobble up trillions more in taxpayer dollars?
Yes he does ie... 0bamaCare and Waxman-Markey, and yet another stimulus.

The 0bama administration has released new deficit numbers, and they are not pretty. The deficit for fiscal year 2009, which ended Sept. 30, came in at a record $1.42 trillion, more than triple the record set just last year. That's just nine months after 0bama took office, quite an amazing feat, historical even. I'm sire the projected deficit of $9 trillion will have zero impact on the value of the dollar.

In addition, future deficits are currently projected to total $9.1 trillion in the coming decade.

Yeah sure, "these people" are talking about another stimulus, since the last one was a complete waste of taxpayer money.

Quote:
Please list these unconstitutional things Obama is doing.
I won't bother, because you think the president should own car companies, and control banks, insurance companies, and mandate that all Americans must buy health care insurance or pay fines to the IRS.

Quote:
I dont understand what you mean, could you be more specific?
Signing a global warming treaty with the United Nations, allowing the UN to dictate US policy and take American taxpayer dollars to subsidize the dictatorships and government tyrannies across the globe. no where in the Constitution does it say the president or the congress has the authority to pay for and manage the welfare of other countries, some of which are not even American allies.

The reason countries like China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia and many parts of Africa are called "developing nations" and why some of the people in those countries live in such dire circumstances, is because they have oppressive governments who treat their people as slaves, and workers of the state. Demanding that the free nations must subsidize despots and tyrants is abhorrent. Subsidizing slave states is not in the Constitution.

Quote:
You may not like it but there it is, a fact.
My loyalty is to this country, not to a political party. Why am I supposed to view your opinion as if it were fact, because some person with a user name on City-Data says so?

Quote:
Why, because there's so much scary change happening all at once after years of quiet and you feel not in control? How do you suggest the financial crisis have been handled? Please dont say "tax cuts to the rich".
I government that thinks it has the power to mandate by law and threat of fines or imprisonment, that all citizens must purchase some government defined product or service? Yes, that is scary.

A government that wants to regulate the very air we exhale thru taxation and new legislation/law, and cede authority of the regulation to the United Nations? Yes, that too is scary.

0bama is desperately trying to use the financial "crisis" as a way to slip this country down the path of a tyrannical and oppressive government. 2010 and 2012 cannot come soon enough for me.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,799,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Collectivism over individualism, and statism over liberty.
Try love over hate.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Collectivism over individualism, and statism over liberty.
Short and sweet. Modern day liberalism is soft tyranny, and the abridgment of liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.