Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

I respect his right as a parent to be concerned about the risks of the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 07:11 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I refuse to waste ten minutes of my life watching propaganda.

Actually, I decided to watch the intro. Monday-morning quarterbacking by 60 minutes does not constitute science.
C'mon, it's just an interview with 2 scientists, one of which was head of the Centers for Disease Control.

Try it - you'll like it!

Old 10-25-2009, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
C'mon, it's just an interview with 2 scientists, one of which was head of the Centers for Disease Control.

Try it - you'll like it!
I'd rather go to the Denver forum and talk about driving in the snow.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:18 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ok, but that doesn't answer the question. I don't think this is a state of emergency but like I said I don't have all the facts. Can you tell me why it is a bad thing for him to now declare a state of emergency over this?
First. it would be good to know why this IS an emergency. Dontcha think? Seems to me the facts are missing, to be sure. So how is this a GOOD thing? Or a BAD thing? I can see all kinds of bad in this pres declaring a national emergency, and very little good. What is it we are not being told, that makes this such a crisis? Uh Huh, there is LOTS of executive levity in a 'national emergency', why does he feel he needs it, or does he just want it? Folks can stick their heads in the sand and trust this administartion all they like, explain and rationalize away. I'd really like to know whats going on up there in DC.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:19 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
I'd rather go to the Denver forum and talk about driving in the snow.

Snow - I get it!

Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
First. it would be good to know why this IS an emergency. Dontcha think? Seems to me the facts are missing, to be sure. So how is this a GOOD thing? Or a BAD thing? I can see all kinds of bad in this pres declaring a national emergency, and very little good. What is it we are not being told, that makes this such a crisis? Uh Huh, there is LOTS of executive levity in a 'national emergency', why does he feel he needs it, or does he just want it? Folks can stick their heads in the sand and trust this administartion all they like, explain and rationalize away. I'd really like to know whats going on up there in DC.
It is an emergency b/c there is widespread flu activity in at least 46 states. Oddly, according the map I saw last night, DC has only "regional" activity, not "widespread". (These words have specific meaning according to the CDC.)

In case you missed from a few posts back:

A "state of emergency" allows certain regulations to be waived. I posted a link about this last night. For example, swine flu patients can be moved to an off-site facility (say an armory). Things like that. The declaration of a state of emergency allows that to happen.

ETA: DC has only "local" activity.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 10-25-2009 at 07:35 PM..

Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
A "state of emergency" allows certain regulations to be waived. I posted a link about this last night. For example, swine flu patients can be moved to an off-site facility (say an armory). Things like that. The declaration of a state of emergency allows that to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The above was the only thing anyone mentioned about what happens in a state of emergency. I know I can google these things but to be honest I'm just too lazy to do it right now. If you could provide a few other things that happen in state of emergencies that people are afraid of, that would help. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
The above was the only thing anyone mentioned about what happens in a state of emergency. I know I can google these things but to be honest I'm just too lazy to do it right now. If you could provide a few other things that happen in state of emergencies that people are afraid of, that would help. Thanks.
From post #159:

Obama: Swine flu a national emergency - Swine flu- msnbc.com

Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Ah, thank you for that, I didn't go thru the whole thread. So....setting up temp sites. Well, it may sound scary but I'm assuming this is something that would be done obviously in out of control cases. Black plague comes to mind....Stephen King's The Stand is another, lol. Jeez, w/all the hubbub I thought it was something more serious.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Use google more often before stinking foot into mouth.

The SOURCE IS MUCH WORSE THEN FOX !!!!

It is one commi freak robot named Robert Gibbs, who happens to be ObamAcorns own press suckretary.

Obama's Daughters Not Vaccinated Against H1N1, page 1

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 [COLOR=#D0D060 ! important][COLOR=#D0D060 ! important]flu [COLOR=#D0D060 ! important]virus[/color][/color][/color]. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

First Daughters Not Vaccinated Against H1N1

Obama will not vaccinate his own daughters - CafeMom

Talk about Obama having some hypocrisy!

Even his own Health sec is telling us the following.

This is EXTREME HYPOCRISY, and typical government elitist behavior of DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO, as I demonstrate here:

FACT: Sec. Sebelius says that children are the most susceptible to H1N1 flu, and should be vaccinated against it.

FACT: Oct 8th: It was announced that President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says, "the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk."

Goodness, dont some of the libs ever do their own homework and not have to check in with ObamAcorn first?
I fully intend to have my daughter vaccinated as soon as the vaccine becomes available. The fact that I haven't done it so far doesn't mean I don't intend to. Unless you have a quote from a real source saying the Obamas don't intend to vaccinate their kids, your links mean squat.

If the Obamas had already vaccinated the girls you would be squealing about special treatment for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies