Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
This is statement is far removed from reality.
That is actually an OPINION..my opinion based on my interpretation of his actions. Your opinion is obviously different..great. I'm not going to say that your opinion is not "reality".

Good grief-I'm beginning to understand why so many people have a hard time with Fox news. (Hint-Beck, Hannity=opinions).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, he handles honest criticism very well. What other president has had an entire TV network dedicated to bringing him down, by appealing to the lowest levels of the lowest common denominator audience?
..and yet 0bama and the democrats are treating Fox News like the enemy, and treating our real enemies as friends and associates. 0bama and the democrats in Washington have tougher words and condemnation for Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, then they do for the leadership and actions of North Korea, Russia, China, Venezuela, Iran or Syria.

The real enemies to our national security are to be given the kidd glove treatment, they are not to be criticized, challenged or spoken harshly of, but to those 0bama views as his domestic political opponents, they must be crushed, silenced and vilified.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You drank that whole pitcher didn't you ?

Can't even bring yourself to type "F-O-X" can you ?
To tell you the truth, by this point, no I cant!

but "Faux" suits them well, too, so.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:20 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bam is "thin skinned."

Maureen Dowd wrote that 0bama's "ears stick out," so he had to walk over to her and whine about it:

0bama" "I just want to put you on notice,I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears." <snif> poor 0bama - yeah, he has thick skin alright.
Your sense of humor is outstanding.
I bet the other rocks think you are a comedian.

Quote:
Heck, we were forbidden from using his middle name during the campaign, he was so sensitive about it.
So sensitive about it that he used it at the inauguration.
Great point.

Quote:
And now he is personally attacking a news organization, because they report the truth about the types of people he surrounds himself with.
Ahh, you cannot recognize when you are being lied to.
Or you want to be lied to.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
That is actually an OPINION..my opinion based on my interpretation of his actions. Your opinion is obviously different..great. I'm not going to say that your opinion is not "reality".

Good grief-I'm beginning to understand why so many people have a hard time with Fox news. (Hint-Beck, Hannity=opinions).
He jokes about his short-comings.
Your statement does not represent reality.

Your label is false.

It would be like me calling GWB a genius.
Everyone would call me out.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
A few of my thoughts;

Fox is as legitimate as any cable news. The bottom line is, well, the bottom line. Each cable news network caters to different political sides to pull in revenue. A lot of Americans carry similar views as Fox, as well as MSNBC, CNN etc and they feed off of that. Of course news is slanted. Human nature prevents it from being any other way much like posts made here are slanted based on the authors feelings on the subject. Common ground is rapidly disappearing from under our feet. A lie in someones opinion is the truth in anothers. It is all about your perception. Politics is full of gray areas...and they like it that way because it keeps us fighting/tuning in/etc.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

Your label is false.

My label is false...to you! Again, it's an opinion. "Thin-skinned"-an adjective. In the absence of some major medical condition, it represents an opinion. If you want to root it in some reality, then, yes, I'll admit that Obama probably does not actually have a dermatological condition resulting in thin skin.

It's still my opinion that he does not take criticism well. And I'm happy to agree to disagree with you on this one.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:37 AM

737 posts, read 1,176,965 times
Rachel has a point about the promotion of political events.

When has CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC ever promoted protests like Fox News did with the 9/12 TeaBagger protest?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
Rachel has a point about the promotion of political events.

When has CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC ever promoted protests like Fox News did with the 9/12 TeaBagger protest?
Heres one example:
Maddow’s Hypocrisy: Fox Not a 'Normal News Channel' Due to Tea Party Promo; MSNBC Promoted Health Care Rallies Weeks Earlier | NewsBusters.org

Quote:
Both Maddow and her MSNBC colleague, "Countdown" host Keith Olbermann, engaged in their own brand of AstroTurf. They encouraged free health care clinics to be held in the states of six Democratic senators that are not in lockstep with the left-wing agenda on health care reform as a ploy to turn up the heat on those senators to support a so-called public health care option

Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Fox News often prefers to broadcast propaganda agendas over important events.

Fox News Ignores White House Afghanistan Meeting To Obsess Over Czars

Quote:
Today, lawmakers met at the White House to have a wide ranging discussion on the War in Afghanistan -- you know, the matter that so many of the president's critics say cannot wait, because we should be SURGING right this very second, and forever. The meeting was an important enough event for the cable news to cover,
Quote:
Fox News' Neil Cavuto, by contrast, chose to spend his time fearmongering about Kenneth Feinberg, the White House's Special Master for Compensation, tasked with overseeing and enforcing the executive pay guidelines for companies who have received federal bailout money.

Read more at: Fox News Ignores White House Afghanistan Meeting To Obsess Over Czars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies