Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:38 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Did you see this type of stuff going on before Obama?
I did...but you know I was actually watching the news before Obama was in office...I know for some being informed is a "new thing"

Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I said that it seems to have gotten worse. My opinion. No stats available for my opinion. Sorry.
So you basically make baseless assumptions with no evidence to back it up...

Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
So you basically make baseless assumptions with no evidence to back it up...
I'm allowed to have an opinion in spite of what you may think. It's ok as long as I say that it's my opinion. You apparently have no opinions. That's fine. Go for it. But don't come in here and tell me that I cannot state an opinion. I don't know if you are but it makes you look like an idiot.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:01 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
I think that video would have had a better ending if the conclusion was that 30-60 criminals were shot while ransacking and stealing from a store.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:43 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,695 times
this is the end. The end my friend.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:54 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
I said that it seems to have gotten worse. My opinion. No stats available for my opinion. Sorry.
Listen to Rush over here

I know it's a hoax but I still think it's true....

Old 10-26-2009, 06:30 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
I'm allowed to have an opinion in spite of what you may think. It's ok as long as I say that it's my opinion. You apparently have no opinions. That's fine. Go for it. But don't come in here and tell me that I cannot state an opinion. I don't know if you are but it makes you look like an idiot.
You made a statement, I asked to see if you had any evidence to back up your statement and you couldn't. No one is suggested you aren't entitled to an opinion, but you should at least be able to come up with some sort of argument or evidence to back it up otherwise it just looks like complete illogical nonsense....

Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 AM

9 posts, read 22,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama thugs in the making. Can't start too young teaching the entitlement mentality.

While I agree with you that the entitlement mentality has to be wiped out, don't be mistaken that what happened in that store had anything to do with whether their families were receiving any government support. It, in addition, had nothing to do with poverty and hunger. It had to do with a bassic respect for fellow human beings not being taught to these teens in their homes or in their school. It had to do with a terrible message being relayed to them from a very young age, that they have no personal responsability to society, their felow citizens or even to themselves.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:39 AM

9 posts, read 22,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
*sigh*. First we go through "Blame it on Bush", now it's "Blame it on Obama". Anything Obama does has no effect on anyone under 18, people. And no, I don't care about their parents.

Did it ever occur to ANY of you that the most likely explanation is one of two things:

1 - the kids had a personal grudge against that store, or someone working at the store, like that manager who came out at the end. The large number involved seems to support this theory.

2 - the kids just felt like doing something stupid. Some kids do that. This isn't new - back when I was in high school on Ditch Day, a bunch of kids set fire to a local taco shop.

In the neighborhood where I grew up there was an occasional shop owner who was mean. Our reaction was not to patronize his establihment, not to rampage and steal from him. I and my friends had no lack of foolish behavior when we were in high school. We were though not into mob theft.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Did you see this type of stuff going on before Obama?

Answer is no.

If you cannot see the aggressive behavior of "some" people growing then you need to take off your blinders.

I did not blame him personally, I do blame him for sending out the wrong message causing the aggressive behavior of some.

Hate, there you go again using that word. Stop using your hate excuses, they do not work.

The truth hurts doesn't it?

It's a miracle! It's truly amazing how many were apparently blind before Obama was inaugurated and now they see. It's a miracle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies