Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
1 in 7 Health Care Dollars go to pay ONE PERSONS SALARY
30% of all Health Care Dollars go to Insurance Companies, not Healthcare

These parasites are stealing us blind
They go into your paycheck and confiscate funds from you?

Or you willingly pay for said insurance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No ****, your the one that brought government employees in comparison to CEO's pays, now your telling me that they arent even related. Still unable to keep your posts straight? Thought after the other day you'd try to keep your position consistant.
Your blood pressure! Your blood pressure! But otherwise, just a weak attempt at coverup. Governments and corporations are very different entities, and are for that reason run differently. But high-ranking government officials face much higher levels of challenge and responsibility than do insurance company executives.

Quote:
Another pathetic attempt to ignore the fact that those in public office can/do make money outside of their "underpaid" positions. Yeah, like many of them dont leave and then become highly paid executives and consultants. Who are you trying to kid here?
Weren't you just questioning a couple of posts back the notion that government types had any ability to do private sector executive work? Now, you're claiming that they routinely land big bicks contracts to do just that? Which side of the street are you playing here?

Quote:
I assumed as much, government pays very well, dont pretend they dont..
They pay about 20% less than the private sector does for comparable work. But because the government does offer much better than average opportunities for advancement, the old saw is that you can't get rich working for the government, but you can get comfortable.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Right, so now you've had a hand in 106,947 civil cases? You must be awfully busy with your government job and your lawsuit career. I'm surprised you find time to post here between all of your civil cases. Why how many hundreds of cases a day?
In a 40 year career that's only 7.3 cases a day without a day off.... ever. It's possible, I guess.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Right, so now you've had a hand in 106,947 civil cases? You must be awfully busy with your government job and your lawsuit career. I'm surprised you find time to post here between all of your civil cases. Why how many hundreds of cases a day?
Have you been drinking? The Neal Cavuto "exposé" disclosed that 53 people at IRS were named in civil cases for having not quite complied with the terms of the First-Time Home Buyer Credit. There were at that time about 107,000 total such cases open.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Ledgers tell a different reality. Health insurance profit margins typically run about 6 percent, give or take a point or two. That's anemic compared with other forms of insurance and a broad array of industries, even some beleaguered ones.[/i]
Actually, the profit margin for health insurance companies by themselves has been a good deal below 6% lately, but that margin is taken off of a huge base, and of course it comes after compensation has been doled out. Still hanging around in the top five most profitable industries are drug manufactuers and manufacturers of medical devices. Their only competition comes from IT infrastructure and related industries.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I checked in your response for an answer but it seems you have forgotten conveniently not to respond to the question. Here, let me ask it again and reword it for you because I dont give a fidly fart if they oversee farms, legislation, or sit on their butt all day counting corn produced. You dont think 1 federal employee for every 19 farms is excessive?
I quoted the question I was responding to in my response. Here it is again...

And you dont think 1 employee to oversee regulations for 19 farmers is excessive? Really, thats your argument that it takes a 5% ratio to oversee farms?

Does it seem more familiar to you the second time around? Bottom line here is that you've butted into a correction of another blunderous right-winger's hapless error by interjecting only a meandering miasma of confused blather. You don't know diddly about agriculture.

Quote:
I'm sure you dont, there isnt one big governmental department that you dont like..
Well, I've dealt at one time or another with nearly every one of them, so I do have some first hand evidence and experience to work from. Proabably those who sit at home and do day-trading all day will have to take a back seat on that score.

Quote:
Yeah, its so efficient that even the governmental employees are seeing 8.8% increase in their healthcare rates. Wooo hoo, thats your definition of efficiency?
FEHBP insurance programs are run by the private sector, not the government.

Quote:
You can keep that kind of efficiency because I can tell you the efficiency rate for me controlling my own healthcare costs, its 100%..
Yeah, self-insuring is always a good long-term strategy.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If their profits are shown to be low while they have the $$$ to send employees to luxury resorts for 'meetings' while the company's tanking due to its own mismanagement I have little sympathy. Everyday folks have to tighten their belts when times are tough, why should these companies and their management be any different?
They are no different than other industry sectors of the economy.

Seems like some politicians we all know should tighten their belts a bit too, right?

Jetting here and there, campaigning around the country, date nights, costing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
here here
I'm all for performance based pay plans for the slackers in DC.
Barney Frank's pay would be reduced to the point that he would need to resort to supplimenting his income by turning tricks in back alleys.
Pelosi, Dodd and Reid et al. would be coming to a drive up window near you.
Excellent.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 PM

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/10/figures-congressional-raises-topped-insurance-company-profits-last-year/ - broken link)

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pelosi-raise2.JPG (broken link)

Quote:
But insurance companies ranked only 35th on the list of most profitable American industries in 2009.
In fact, the members of Congress enjoyed a better raise than the insurance companies this year.
See, obama and the dems/libs NEED a villain to attack on the issue. They certainly can't win hearts and minds with the actual legislation, their actual arguments - they need someone to attack and vilify to distract the populace.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
LOL. Dive into the gutter at the first opportunity. Big shock there. Big, big shock. Just through his civil rights work (which is not his main focus), Rep. Frank has done more good for this country than any of your self-obsessed insurance company executives can ever hope to.
Frank is the main accomplice in the Fannie&Freddie debacle - he protected them for years and prevented REAL reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies