Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 03:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
In other words, if you bozo Republicans want to make outright fools of yoursleves, you just go right ahead...
I'm not a Republican
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 03:27 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not true.

We here in Arizona have disproved your theory

We also are getting ready to stand up to the Feds over immigration control.
Will Arizona still accept federal funds for immigration enforcement? Is it just a fight for autonomy over federal funds?

What if the feds withhold funding for infrastructure, schools, social programs, crime and fire fighting?

Old 10-25-2009, 03:27 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Where has the Obama Admin lost in court on your claimed Constitutional matters?

The answer: Not one time.

Typical right wing authoritarian....they ONLY love the Constitution when their side is out of power and they can score political points with it.
His administration is young give him time. Of course something must be done for it to be taken to court and Obama is so far a President of Gridlock.

BTW, I am a moderate probably more liberal than conservative if that matters.

Pass the Buck Obama. - That's all I see him do so far.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Will Arizona still accept federal funds for immigration enforcement? Is it just a fight for autonomy over federal funds?

What if the feds withhold funding for infrastructure, schools, social programs, crime and fire fighting?
And that's what will push the other states to band together and say enough.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:

We don't need the Fed money for immigration reform

They do not contribute to fire fighting

As for schools - there are already court cases basically telling the Feds they cannot withold funds for those other things you mentioned. So, it is a Moot point.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:34 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me? If the feds withhold money from AZ for ANYTHING, then AZ can withhold the taxes and support we give them. The federal government does not create anything. The people do. They can keep their authority over their district, and the people can learn again what it is to self rule. Sadly, we have forgotten it, but after seeing what the feds are doing, it won't take long to remember.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Why do these Red States need a "joint working group"?

If they Fed acting unconstitutionally then then each State has standing to bring their suit to the Supreme Court.

But they are not doing that. Why? .............Because they have no case.

[I swear the right wing lemmings will fall for anything]
The Constitution may be dead but the states still can look to Amendments 9 and 10 to get some air breathed back into the whole document. I am sure that those who don't even know what those two amendments are about think that the feds have much more power than they do have.

When I see the term Red States thrown around it becomes obvious that the one using it doesn't think that those two amendments mean anything. I bet you don't even know that the Constitution talks about the states giving powers to the feds and those two amendments were necessary to get the Constitution ratified. Yep, that is how that one came down.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Re Immigration Reform in AZ

The State is preparing to deal with legislation that would deem that anyone crossing into the State of Arizona, from any direction, who originally entered the United States, is Trespassing - and can be arrested and prosecuted as such.

Penalties / sentencing guidelines will be amended for this class of crime that would require hard time in prison and then deportation under USC as the defendant will be charged with and convicted of a Felony.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not true.

We here in Arizona have disproved your theory

We also are getting ready to stand up to the Feds over immigration control.
The best way to stomp on toes about immigration control is to get rid of your senior Senator who is becoming more and more RINO every day. He did go along with Kennedy in writing that abortion the Senate passed in 2006 and is still against controlling our border. I wish I had not voted for the office of President in 2008 since I voted for him, well I voted for Sarah and that white haired guy running with her.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:42 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
[I swear the right wing lemmings will fall for anything]
Yes, and it's getting worse all the time. As their little movement continues to crumble, they become more and more extreme and divorced from reality. Poor Republican incumbents are now worried stiff about how they are supposed to get re-elected when whackjobs like Limbaugh and Beck keep hanging one extremist albatross after another around their necks, leaving them to try to deny it all and somehow sweep it under the rug with moderates while thereby exposing themselves to being skewered and dumped as RINO's by these off-their-rocker Tea Party types. No problem though...between the Liberals and the Blue Dogs, the Democrats have the interests of pretty much every rational American represented...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies