Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:52 AM

737 posts, read 1,174,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Yes that is very true...however it would seem logical to be more concerned over MUSLIM terrorists considering the number of attacks and deaths they have caused....unless of course a person has an agenda he is pushing....
I have a more general concern over terrorism in general. Not necessarily where it hails from. The murder of Dr. Tiller and the Holocaust Museum shooting shows there are people who have no problem murdering for an ideology the only difference is that they are much more likely to be my neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
I have a more general concern over terrorism in general. Not necessarily where it hails from. The murder of Dr. Tiller and the Holocaust Museum shooting shows there are people who have no problem murdering for an ideology the only difference is that they are much more likely to be my neighbor.
Interesting...so one death by a person for ideological reasons is the same as three thousand deaths by several people for ideological reasons?

To consider all threats at the same level seems a little....foolhardy.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 PM

737 posts, read 1,174,301 times
Quote:
Interesting...so one death by a person for ideological reasons is the same as three thousand deaths by several people for ideological reasons?

To consider all threats at the same level seems a little....foolhardy.
You can attempt to twist my words but I'm not going to let you, I didn't say that the 9/11 attacks were on the same level as the the Holocaust Museum Shooting. Nice try, but a failure

You have people in the U.S. who are apologists for people like Brunn, Rudolph and McVeigh. The far right-wing ideology is what breeds hatred like theirs.

I guess I am the radical since I see murder of anyone for ideological reasons as wrong. I'm not giving Roeder a pass for murdering someone because of 9/11, sorry

Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,207,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think this country should be more Nationalistic. If we were we'd still have the World Trade Center towers. I don't believe that being more attuned to the needs of our country and its citizens necessarily has to be led by groups that have a racist or religious slant. I don't think it's too "fringe group" for the United States to welcome more nationalistic pride.
Wow! Have you ever read much about "nationalism" in Germany and its relationship to why Hitler was such a "success"???

Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
How intolerant you sound...
I'm absolutely NOT tolerant of the behavior of white nationalists/white supremacists (some would say "racists"). I would think I've been pretty clear about that.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
You can attempt to twist my words but I'm not going to let you, I didn't say that the 9/11 attacks were on the same level as the the Holocaust Museum Shooting. Nice try, but a failure
Then what did you mean by your post?
Also when there is this '?' at the end of a sentence it is considered a question...

Quote:
You have people in the U.S. who are apologists for people like Brunn, Rudolph and McVeigh. The far right-wing ideology is what breeds hatred like theirs.
Really?
Where do you find such people?I haven't noticed it.

Quote:
I guess I am the radical since I see murder of anyone for ideological reasons as wrong. I'm not giving Roeder a pass for murdering someone because of 9/11, sorry
I guess I simply look at this logically and see the greater threat as being....greater.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I'm absolutely NOT tolerant of the behavior of white nationalists/white supremacists (some would say "racists"). I would think I've been pretty clear about that.
What of black nationalists?
Or La Raza?

Surely you don't discriminate in your intolerance....

Old 10-26-2009, 12:13 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,608,278 times
This is a ridiculous topic and exactly what many people predicted prior to Obama winning, that if he won, all of his supporters would stack up decks of race cards to play every time somebody said something not nice about him.

And to the OP, hang around a bit and you'll see plenty of seething hatred for white southerners and elderly white men. If you don't see it, go get your eyes checked because you are blind.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
If ANY 'evidence' is posted of this,it will most likely be from the SPLC....which makes its money from just this sort of thing.
LMAO! You think SPLC makes a lot of money??? My understanding is that the "employees" of SPLC all make exactly the same salary...from receptionist/clerk to the top lawyer.

Dear god, WHY would anyone think that a person would work at a place like SPLC in order to "get rich".......

Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
What of black nationalists?
Or La Raza?

Surely you don't discriminate in your intolerance....
Sure I do. I haven't noticed any "black nationalists" or "LaRaza" folks sponsoring any picnics to watch a lynching. Nor have I noticed either one of those groups lynching ANYBODY.

Do you have any specific examples which may have escaped my notice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies