Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 05:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Your hatred and racist remarks towards to most powerful person on radio shows through.

You simply cannot keep attacking the man who built an empire from scratch. His success very much outweighs your thoughts along with his millions and millions of listeners.
To say nothing of the service this man (Rush) provides in keeping us informed on important issues. But, that's what they don't like. They'd (liberals like this poster) rather we not be informed about what they are up to.

Without people like Rush, and a few others, we would surely not know what these "Progressives" and liberals were up to. That is precisely why they want to silence them.

But I think I give the OP too much credit here. This OP clearly doesn't know what's going on. This is a clear case of abject ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Most powerful person? It is cause when he sits on you, you is dead? His success (fat butt) outweighs all his listeners?
That is unfair and irrelevant. Rush is thin again, for one thing. And for another, there are a lot of overweight people, many (I'm sure) who post on this Forum.

So your attack is purely based on your own personal dislike for Rush.

How about an honest and meaningful response? Or are you not capable of any real thought?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:14 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,436 times
Rush is a great entertainer and I often agree with him. He likes to say outrageous things sometimes just to see if it gets reported (and he tells the audience ahead of time). The next day, his quotes get thousands of hits on google, he is quoted all over the place and we all laugh. Most libs don't listen so they go by what the media dishes out. Rush once again proves how biased and phony journalism is today.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I am the first to admit I know nothing about economics, but how does a tax cut help? People say it would encourage people to spend but I'm not so sure that is the case.
It is simple really. It is because high taxation forces people to do things that shelter them from taxation. This usually results in less activitiy that benefits the economy (less investment in business (less growth), less hiring, etc).

Tax cuts result in more economic activity because people do not have to fear the tax consequenses of such activity, and therefore businesses expansion, which means hiring, new products, and purchases of machinery and equipment.

When taxes are too high (as they are now), things just stagnate. Noting happens.

That's about as simple as anyone could put it, I think.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
His personal sucess has absolutely NOTHING to do with the B.S that he sprouts on the air waves
What B.S? Have you ever listened to him? Obviously not.

Rush talks about whats in the news, and provides his commentary.

Not only that, he talks about conservative principles and why they are important to preserving the Republic.

Rush is one of the most informative sources on the radio today. There is no B.S.

Does he have fun? Yes. Does he joke? Yes. But his program is focused on getting the truth out about what's happening in our governmnet and our country.

If you cannot handle truth; don't listen. But don't call what Rush says, B. S.; because it isn't.

Rush (and a few others) is doing the job the so-called "mainstream" media should be doing. But they accept everything the administration tells them. They don't question anything. And they are all liberals, pushing the liberal agenda. They don't inform. They indoctrinate. The don't question. They simply accept. Whatever the DNC puts out, that is what they report.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
He won't get the vaccine, because they don't have a needle long enough to penetrate his gasbag blubber.
Obviosly, you too have no clue who Rush is. He was never as fat as (for example) one of the lefts favorite people, Michael Moore. And he is currently thin (again).

You might try getting a current picture of him, at the very least, before making a fool of yourself (but you aren't alone).

The left loves to attack people based on their appearance (though they love to talk about how "nice" ant "fair" they are). But, they never do their homework. Thus, they make fools of themselves.

Besides, as I have already pointed out, many of their heros aren't exactly pictures of health and fitness. But this even makes their comments look more childish and foolish.

Sorry. You lose on this one. Join the other fools in your court.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Rush has had about 20. 20-30 million people every week listen to him.

Have I mentioned I've been on his show 4 times?

I love me my mahi rushi!
He is great. These people have no clue. Congrats on getting on the show. I must have heard you, because I listen almost every day, the full three hours (I do miss some now and then).

Without people like Rush exposing the leftists for who they are, we would be in deeper doodoo than we are now. Thank GOD for Rush!

Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The big flapping trap of Limbaugh will bring down the Republican Party! Go Rush!!!!!!!!!!!
You wish, huh? Don't think so. Hasn't happened yet, and it isn't likely to happen. Rush actually strengthens Republicans (except for RINO's). He gives us RESOLVE. He has been nothing but encouragement to me, and my children, whom we home schooled. They know what "conservatism" means, and they know that is what our founders were. They know what America is supposed to be about (not what the liberals claim). They are patriots. They love America, and they love freedom (unlike the liberals).

Old 10-31-2009, 06:34 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Don't worry, Rush will bring down that number too. Fewer people will want to associate themselves with whatever Rush calls himself.

Did you notice the high percent of moderates in your link? Do you think many of them are former Conservatives?

Considering liberals are the smallest number, do you think many of them are former liberals?

Old 10-31-2009, 07:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Any government body needs their critics to keep them as honest as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies