U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 10:42 AM

44,884 posts, read 30,930,267 times

Advertisements

Oh yes I do see pure rationing portrayed here and even before any one of the bills in Congress goes into effect. The worst part is that they all allow the Secretary of HHS to add problems that rationing can be used for at any time after passage.

CNSNews.com - Health Care Bill's Plan to Cut Medicare Payments to Hospitals that Readmit Ill Seniors Could Have ‘Serious Consequences,’ Says Hospital Association (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=56046 - broken link)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM

8,640 posts, read 8,535,455 times
What else could we expect from Democrats? All their "we look out the poor, elderly and needy" is all just lip service.

I wouldn't trust a Democrat as far as I could throw them.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:07 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,680,216 times
A LOT of the re-admits could be stopped if the damn hospitial wouldnt toss elderly out befor they are really better .. I Do understand that many folks could do self care at home and save money for both Hopspital and insurance company BUT its diffrent with the elderly .. they do need that extra time in the hospital just to make sure they get the meds and the nutrition .. Its sad that most folks are sent home to early after some things just to save the insurance costs .. ..

Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What else could we expect from Democrats? All their "we look out the poor, elderly and needy" is all just lip service.

I wouldn't trust a Democrat as far as I could throw them.
Of course, they look at us as the source of at least half of the paying cost of their program. They are taking all kinds of things from us through Medicare but this one really p*sses me off in that it is aimed at the same thing as the earlier suggested death panels. Also, my butt gets chapped when I think about the fact that they will be so magnanimous as to allow us to keep on paying the Medicare tax they take out of our SS checks now. Probably they will raise that right after they give the President his requested $250 for all those old people. Do that math.

I don't trust politicians, of either party because they are all corrupt to the point that they care only about getting re-elected and will tell any lie to get people fooled into voting for them. A few of the junior members aren't that corrupt but very few.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
A LOT of the re-admits could be stopped if the damn hospitial wouldnt toss elderly out befor they are really better .. I Do understand that many folks could do self care at home and save money for both Hopspital and insurance company BUT its diffrent with the elderly .. they do need that extra time in the hospital just to make sure they get the meds and the nutrition .. Its sad that most folks are sent home to early after some things just to save the insurance costs .. ..
So many people of all ages are thrown out before it is time. I was kept in the hospital one day longer than they originally said when I had my 6 bypass surgery as they said I just wasn't ready. I got great care from the county health care people after getting out.

I know a man who was pushed out of the hospital too soon and he got into a coughing fit and blew out the wires used to reattach the bones of his chest. The last I knew he was headed for a relative's house to recover from that and the pneumonia he contracted when in the hospital after wiping out their re-attachment.

The same thing is happening daily when women are kicked out too soon after childbirth because of insurance. At least both my sons were kept in the hospital because of complications from their births when my wife was kicked out. Poor insurance company had to pay for the equipment and care for both boys.

People should be released on a per case basis since we aren't all the same. At 72 I was much more ready to get out than many 45 year olds would have been with the same condition.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,634,797 times
All health care systems ration care. Right now the rationing in the private insurance business is based upon money. Insurance comapnies ration care all the time, telling doctors that they will or will not pay for a procedure. Those without insurance are largely locked out of anything but emergency care.

Democrats propose to change that.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:27 PM

69,360 posts, read 59,972,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
A LOT of the re-admits could be stopped if the damn hospitial wouldnt toss elderly out befor they are really better ..
You do understand that its the government forcing hospitals to choose between providing free care for individuals, i.e. by their refusal to pay for more days, or kicking them out, dont you?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM

69,360 posts, read 59,972,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
All health care systems ration care. Right now the rationing in the private insurance business is based upon money. Insurance comapnies ration care all the time, telling doctors that they will or will not pay for a procedure. Those without insurance are largely locked out of anything but emergency care.

Democrats propose to change that.
Not even close to the truth. I broke both of my wrists last year when I fell off a deck. I was admitted and had two hand reconstruction surgeries and even a scope of my esophogus done even though the hospitals knew I was a self payer.

Democrats are not proposing any such change that would allow individuals to stay longer, and you repeating it only means you repeating lies you've heard elsewhere.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM

34,194 posts, read 37,705,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not even close to the truth. I broke both of my wrists last year when I fell off a deck. I was admitted and had two hand reconstruction surgeries and even a scope of my esophogus done even though the hospitals knew I was a self payer.

Democrats are not proposing any such change that would allow individuals to stay longer, and you repeating it only means you repeating lies you've heard elsewhere.
Sorry about your wrists, I had to have one of mine rebuilt as well. I hope you can pay your medical bills.

But the other poster is correct, we do ration health care now. It's just done more randmonly and behind the scenes. There isn't unlimited anything, and rationing is not a bad thing. It's the ONLY way to deal with limited resources. We do it all the time and always will.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:47 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,046,461 times
This is one of those threads where the right wingers are arguing against Medicare lowering costs.

Now they are defending the Hospitials

They also defend the drug companies.

The defend the doctors...they defend the insurance companies.

Nobody should see a single penny less in their version of health care reform.

It's like magic.....Health care costs are just going to lower themselves on their own!

And those poor hospitals shouldn't have to sacrfice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies