Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 PM

7 posts, read 24,065 times

Advertisements

All major exit polls showed between 96% and 97% of African Americans who voted, voted for Obama. They also show that between 44 and 45% of caucasians voted for Obama and about 55 to 56% voted for McCain. These numbers were quoted over and over again by the major networks and by the Washington Post as well as other national newspapers.

Now let's think beyond the silliness and the euphoria created by a media dominated by the Left. Obama has the most Left leaning voting record in the U.S. Senate, as agreed to by leftist organizations. Let's think about the facts as we know them:

Obviously, the African American vote was racist. Obviously this does not bode well for the future of democracy in America, regardless of Obama's ideology as evidenced by his voting record. Please explain to me how an non-discriminatory, open minded people could put themselves so overwhelmingly behind a candidate and have the audacity to use the race card on others, especially when those "others" help to elect said individual..

Old 10-26-2009, 03:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,722,892 times
So applying your logic... if you're white and voted for a white person, you're a racist.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,037,539 times
What date is this?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So applying your logic... if you're white and voted for a white person, you're a racist.

ABsoleutly assuming the variables were the same as this election... For example if 97 percent of whites voted for MCain as he was running against Obama I would say white America was racist! The fact that the vote was evenly split shows a voting regiment that goes beyond color! There is no other way to look at this.. This is like the boy who cried wolf..those who call others racists seem to be the biggest racists of all . 97 percent throwing themselves at a candidate who has the same skin color as them validates this!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,722,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julsoffs View Post
ABsoleutly assuming the variables were the same as this election... For example if 97 percent of whites voted...
One person gets one vote. Besides, complexion of a person can't be racist, can't it?

PS. Did you assume "black" and "white" are races?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:23 PM

654 posts, read 464,064 times
Democrats have been carrying the black vote for quite some time now. Why don't you go research Kerry, Gore, and Clinton and see if the numbers are significantly different.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,754,064 times
Well, as a white man who voted for Obama, I'm not complaining. Whatever gets the right man to the job.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 14,512 times
You know over 90% of African-Americans also voted for Al Gore and John Kerry who were white?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Democrats have been carrying the black vote for quite some time now. Why don't you go research Kerry, Gore, and Clinton and see if the numbers are significantly different.

Really! Care to explain why Obama got 90 PERCENT OF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN VOTE WHEN PAIRED AGAINST HILLARY CLINTON? I guess racism didnt exist there either! Sad...

Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,148,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julsoffs View Post
ABsoleutly assuming the variables were the same as this election... For example if 97 percent of whites voted for MCain as he was running against Obama I would say white America was racist! The fact that the vote was evenly split shows a voting regiment that goes beyond color! There is no other way to look at this.. This is like the boy who cried wolf..those who call others racists seem to be the biggest racists of all . 97 percent throwing themselves at a candidate who has the same skin color as them validates this!
Not to take anything from your reasoning but I believe that the whites who voted for Obama because he was black and it is time for a black to hold the office were also voting in a racist manner. Many of them were suffering from "white guilt" and that was a bit racist.

I don't blame the blacks for what they did but I will bet the proportion of OMG voters in the nation from the black population is much higher than those of the white persuasion. I am saying that they allowed themselves to be taken in by race and now wish they hadn't. Accusing them of being racist may be true but how could you blame them with all the promises Obama was throwing at them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies