Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 11:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
The very wealthy can afford to pay more taxes, buy your goods, and still have plenty left over to go on vactions, buy luxery cars, etc.
There is no reason though for those who have financial means to pay more taxes.

BTW, how do you define "Wealthy"?

OBTW: luxery (as in cars) is spelled LUXURY And vactions is spelled VACATIONS

If you are going to write a post semi-critical of those who have financial means, it might make a better impression if you correctly spelled the words of the things you are critical of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 11:05 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What in the name of all that is holy and just are you talking about?
I'll spell it out for you if I must.

The USA gets a lot of it's money from plundering the resources of third world countries. Lots of other countries do this besides the USA, it's common practice, so I can't single out the USA on this one.

The USA also invades countries for profit. That's where we stand out from most other countries. We are constantly involved in a pointless war for profit. Iraq, Afghanistan, next we will certainly invade another country.

I'm not saying this is wrong. I'm just saying it's true. I do think it's disgusting to war to war and bring death for profit, but realistically I think almost any country would do the same if it had the chance.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There is no reason though for those who have financial means to pay more taxes.

BTW, how do you define "Wealthy"?

OBTW: luxery (as in cars) is spelled LUXURY And vactions is spelled VACATIONS

If you are going to write a post semi-critical of those who have financial means, it might make a better impression if you correctly spelled the words of the things you are critical of.
Who gives a crap about spelling? Do you understand what i'm saying? Yes? That's good enough......

This is an internet forum, not a newspaper.

Besides, look at who i'm talking to here.... the responses are not exactly intelligent or worthy.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Who gives a crap about spelling? Do you understand what i'm saying? Yes? That's good enough......

This is an internet forum, not a newspaper.

Besides, look at who i'm talking to here.... the responses are not exactly intelligent or worthy.
Are you going to try to give us all YOUR definition of the word WEALTHY?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
I'll spell it out for you if I must.

The USA gets a lot of it's money from plundering the resources of third world countries. Lots of other countries do this besides the USA, it's common practice, so I can't single out the USA on this one.

The USA also invades countries for profit. That's where we stand out from most other countries. We are constantly involved in a pointless war for profit. Iraq, Afghanistan, next we will certainly invade another country.

I'm not saying this is wrong. I'm just saying it's true. I do think it's disgusting to war to war and bring death for profit, but realistically I think almost any country would do the same if it had the chance.
OK, this is such half-baked lunatic rambling that I don't even know to respond. In fact I'm not sure anyone who thinks the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan has actually improved our fiscal outlook, or that it's remotely plausible that we're going to invade China, can even be reasoned with. It's an interesting window into your thought processes though, haphazard as they may be.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
OK, this is such half-baked lunatic rambling that I don't even know to respond. In fact I'm not sure anyone who thinks the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan has actually improved our fiscal outlook, or that it's remotely plausible that we're going to invade China, can even be reasoned with. It's an interesting window into your thought processes though, haphazard as they may be.
You are too stupid to follow what I am saying apparently. I'm not speaking rocket science here. And this time all of my words were spelled properly, so what's the problem kid? You don't want to respond to my message so you attack the messenger. Brilliant.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you going to try to give us all YOUR definition of the word WEALTHY?
Should I say it for the 3rd time? Ok I will.

I'm talking about people with incomes of 10 million or more. The multi millionares.

This conversation is retarded and at a third grade level. Adios.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
You are too stupid to follow what I am saying apparently. I'm not speaking rocket science here. And this time all of my words were spelled properly, so what's the problem kid? You don't want to respond to my message so you attack the messenger. Brilliant.
The problem is, your message is so incoherent that there's nothing substantive to respond to.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Should I say it for the 3rd time? Ok I will.

I'm talking about people with incomes of 10 million or more. The multi millionares.

This conversation is retarded and at a third grade level. Adios.
Well, I'll apologize for not seeing all of your previous posts. Hence why I did not see the two previous times you say you mentioned the 10 million income.

Thank you for your definition though. I have asked the same / similar question of many others and the range of answers is amazing - all the way from $500,000 to 100,000,000. Quite a few responses have been in the $25,000,000 range.

This said, I'll maintain that the wealthy is already paying their share of taxes - and should not be taxed any higher simply because of their income. Penalizing one simply because they make more than someone else is blatant discrimination and will stifle the desire to be profitable.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
The problem is, your message is so incoherent that there's nothing substantive to respond to.
I also believe it is very rude to call another poster "stupid". I reported it to the moderators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies